Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: wireless problem at nokia 701

Registered Member
blackstars100
Accepted Solution

wireless problem at nokia 701

Hi

I can't connect my mobile nokia 701 with any wireless network in spit that the signal is shown 100%

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
baptisteju

Hey blackstars100,

Welcome to the discussion board!

Try to reset the router and remove the WLAN access point from your phone. Then try to create the connection again from scratch.You could also try to connect to other WLAN. 

If not, try to restore factory settings on your device by pressing *#7370#, the secutity code is 12345.  

Hope this helps, please let us know!

BaptisteJu

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
blackstars100

thanx Mr. BaptisteJu

The wireless now is working after I install the new software update, I think the problem was in factory software

Please use plain text.
maheshkumars

Hi,
 I have same problem. Before  pressing the key *#7370#  , can we take backup our contacts and other things in mobile.

Regards

Mahesh Kumar S

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Hello maheshkumars, copy all your contacts to sim memory. Other data you can create a backup to your memory card.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

ajaydavidson wrote:
Hello maheshkumars, copy all your contacts to sim memory. Other data you can create a backup to your memory card.

You guys better read the manual about backups first. Use Nokia Suite. It's the best way.

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/701/guides

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/nokia-ovi-suite

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Xackwillson

Delete any security antivirus and restore your phone....
Please use plain text.
shakti701

Hi BaptisteJu,

This procedure is not solving the problem.

If I am mooving from one wireless network area to another after 2-3 hours the phone is not connecting to the wi-fi network. It is connecting only after restarting the device.

Please tell me the solution for that.

Regards

Shakti

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yiannadanidou

Hello,

i am facing the the same problem with shakti701. The case is that i can be connected perfectly on a wi-fi and when i switch off and move to another wi-fi, i cannot connect back. I need to restart the device to be able to connect. Please give us the solution. This is really annoying!

Regards,
Yianna

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
atomex

I've the same problem. First time wifi connection works perfect but when I disconnect and try to connect next time always is connection failed. Anyone knows how can i fix it?

Please use plain text.
Putvfda

The same with me. It seems a lot of people experience the same problem. Similar topics are open (/t5/Connectivity/connection-to-wifi-problem/td-p/1267163), but no reply from Nokia. In my thread the only advice was to hard-reset the phone which doesn't help. I hoped an update will fix it but update did not fix the problem. I wonder if Nokia is aware of this nasty bug?

Please use plain text.
shakti701

Hi Nokia Support,

PROBLEM- Difficulties in connecting to the wi- fi network.

EXPLANATION- Suppose I am using my home wifi network on my Nokia 701, it is working fine. The problem is arising when I am changing the network area ( moving out of my home ) and again coming back to the same network, I am unable to connect to my home wifi network even though I can search the network.

That is in following conditions:

1. Switching the network with my wifi off.
  2.  Switching the network with my wifi on.
  3. Switching the network and try to connect some other network out of my home.

My home network is showing as KNOWN and if I am clicking to connect on this for a fraction of second

It is showing as CONNECTING then again back to KNOWN resulting unable to connect.

ACTION PERFORMED

1. Factory settings reset.
  2. Deleting the existing connection and again creating a new connection.
  3. Making my home wifi network as priority 1.
  4. Updating the software to version 111.030.0609 and custom version 111.030.0609.C00.01

ONLY SOLLUTION- Restarting the device every time before connecting the home wifi network.

Please take care of this problem.

Other 701 users who is facing the same issue please support me here with addition of your feedbacks.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
beerbash

Facing just the same problem here. However it does connect, but takes 30 sec upto 2 minutes. Tried all settings but no effect.
Probably the device is constantly switching off the wifi in order to save battery whenever a split second no connection is needed and then it takes too long to establish back again.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
beerbash

thus when listing to the Internet Radio it takes a long time to connect to a station, but when connected is holds the connection.
When serving on the Internet it disconnects after a website is loaded so every next webpage takes 2 minutes to load.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
beerbash

apart from this annoying problem a beautifull device.
Please use plain text.
dan_sa

I'm facing the same problem.

I am connected to my home WiFi network (phone shows that it is connected).  my mobile data is off.  Yet certain applications cannot connect to the internet and the message appears up top "Mobile Data Off, No Connections Available".

Is the OS somehow maxing out connections and none are available???

-Nokia Web Browser seems immune to the problem and knows how to get to the internet.

-Opera Mini.  When it has a connection issue it prompts to search for WiFi and then manages to connect and work normally.

Nokia Store Client has problems and cannot reach internet.

Nokia Maps also will not get internet if this problem is happening.  (For example I'll turn on Satelite imagery and it won't come up: "Mobile data off..."

Nokia Email Client also cannot connect sometimes.

WhatsApp can also have difficulty connecting even though the phone is connected to WiFi.

Wikipedia App won't work "Mobile data off. No connections available" - it's easy to reproduce problem with this app.

I don't have any antivirus software

I've also disabled "power saving" feature in hope that it would cure it.

Nokia 701 , Nokia Belle Feature pack 1

Software Version 112.101.1404

Custom Version 112.101.1404.C00.01

Product Code 059H060

It's been a rather frustrating experience with this phone.  Nokia X6 was slow, but at least it could connect to WiFi.

Please use plain text.
Vickk701

Hi,

i'm a really happy owner of Nokia 701 with Nokia Belle FP1. :smileyhappy:

the only problem is just about wlan connection, i'havent find a logic, but sometimes the device would not connect anyway to the wi-fi (anyone kind of it).

please nokia fix it !  :crying:

thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mikem14

shakti701, I have the exact same problem

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Abdo2012

hi guys,
i had the same problem on my 701 but when i did soft reset it worked properly
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nitro701

[ Edited ]

hi BaptisteJu... i have tried all those steps that u suggested for such problem, it worked very fine for some weeks but all i can say that CONNECTING>>> KNOWN problems come back again....so i have to restart the phone to make it function right....!!! NOKIA has to do something about this and have to give serious attention ...this is the only drawback of this product ....otherwise its one of the best phones that i've ever used

Please use plain text.