Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: A TOUCHSCREEN ISSUE WITH C7-00

Registered Member
Kmamanat

A TOUCHSCREEN ISSUE WITH C7-00

I purchased my C7-00 about a month ago and I find it very good except that sometimes the touchscreen behaves strangely. When the phone/screen is held in portrait mode, the lower part of the screen (options, ... , call buttons at the bottom of screen) do not work, but the remaining upper part responds to finger touch. When the phone is held in landscape mode, things appear fine. Restart does not solve the problem. However, the problem automatically goes off after a while - sometimes within a few minutes and sometimes it takes hours. Can anyone enlighten me on this issue - how to solve this problem?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

[ Edited ]

I haven't noticed such an issue. Is your phone run on by the latest firmware? http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update/can-i-update

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
sowm

I am also facing the same problem. My bottom most part of the screen is not working means i can see the screen but touch input is not working when i touch with my finger. I updated the firmware today but no use. please suggest me how to solve this problem.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sriram66

Iam experiencing the same problem the bottom portion doesnt work as like the other portions but held in landsape it works but the corners doesnt . It is really irritating & can someone give some solution to this . pls give suggestions ..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

hi mate,

have you checked if there are any firmware updates available for your device? if there are any, please update to the latest version offered. If that doesn't work, then you can try re-installing the current firmware for your device thru Nokia Suite. Failing that, you can perform a three finger hard reset, and if that doesn't work either, then you will need to take your phone to your local Nokia Care for them to inspect: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.