Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C 7 No WiFi after Belle Update

Contributor
Py_rex

C 7 No WiFi after Belle Update

Before the unpdate, the phone had no problems connecting to my WLAN. After an upgrade with Belle, it is impossible to get WiFi to work : Although the roaming finds my WLAN, and after introducing the exact WEP key, I allways get a WiFi not found error. I allready tried all the tricks mentionned in different posts over here, without succes. Any other possibilities ?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Hi Py_rex, Welcome to the Nokia forum.

Have you tried deleting your Wi-Fi access point in your device settings and re-adding it?

If it does not work there are a few different troubleshoots here regarding Wi-Fi not working after the Belle update.

I hope this has helped!

Sheldrick 

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Py_rex

I guess I tried all proposed solutions : deleting and reentering data access point, restarting modem and/or phone, letting the phone seek for WLAN, entering it manually, although there is no email address entered, I even checked the frequency of email retrieval (of course 0),  etc. None of those was succesfull. I even used Nokia Confguration Tool to edit the wifi and wlan settings without success also.

Please help ...

It's a real shame that an update, claiming to improve performance, does not improve but reduce the possibilities of a phone !

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Sorry to hear that none of them fixed your problem.

Could you please try to reinstall your operating system using Nokia Suite in that case?

Please remember to create a backup, before hand. 

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Py_rex

Thanks for your answer.

I already tried that twice too, without success ...

The phone connected to my WLAN before, but never after update. Error message is either :

* Password problem, when accessed through access point and although clearly chosen as a WiFi WEP connection
* WiFi not found when accessed through WiFi connection (found by scanning or introduced manually)

Please ... HELP !

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

What model Wifi router do you have? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Py_rex

Hello,

Thanks for your quick reply.

As I mentionned earlier, the phone connected before the update to my router :

Netopia Cayman 3347W with the latest available firmware (7.3.0r0).

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Py_rex

Just a small correction :
Netopia Cayman 3347W with 7.4.2r4 firmware

Please . HELP !
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Py_rex

Hello all,

Do I really have to believe that Nokia doesn't care about it's clients ?

A little bit of Google on C7 Belle problems yields pages and pages of laments and little or no real help. And no serious update of Belle or a way to downgrade again to Anna ...

Nokia, that' a real shame !

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Py_rex

[ Edited ]

Apparently this frightened my phone terribly : on the last chance I gave him to connect to my WiFi (with the parameters of a previously installed acces point, to which the poor thing never managed to connect), he did so very quicly ...
I swear that I did not change any parameters or program or whatsoever since the last unsuccesfull tests. How, on earth, is it possible that just lying around for some weeks repairs a phone ?

*Moderator's Note; removed mention of unofficial ways to update phone software

Please use plain text.