Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C2-00 - Manual Configuration Impossible

Advisor
Dareal
Accepted Solution

C2-00 - Manual Configuration Impossible

Is there any way to set-up Internet Configuration in C2-00 manually?

I've searched everywhere, but it seems like it has no option for manual settings.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Create a manual account from settings>configurations... You should be able to do it, if you have access point settings.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Dareal

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, there's no place that allows for manual configurations in C2-00. Clicking on Settings>Configuration leads you only to the settings sent to you by your network provider with no place to add your personal access point.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Try the options Button... What are the choices that you get when you press options? Is there an option called add?
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Dareal

Setting>configuration>select sim card(option button inactive)>displays the settings for that particular sim. Hitting the 'OPTION' button shows nothing.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

Try settings>Connectivity>Packet data>Packet data settings

From here select "Active access point" and select one of the unused access points.

Now select "Edit active access pt." and you can change the settings.
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Dareal

@mechanimal, thanks. Let me check that out
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Dareal

It's solved!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

[ Edited ]

Great stuff, glad to have helped.

FYI - You should click the "Accept as Solution" button on the post with the solution to your problem (i.e. in this case my post). Not the post where you are confirming that the olution given works, this helps people go straight to the solving post.

Thanks

mecha

If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
__Joydeep__

Hey buddy you can add personal configuration setting to your nokia c200. You can add web,streaming,acces point,syncronization & mms setting in your nokia c2-00. I got the same phone & i was suffering same but now its possible, just read my blog http://blogwithjoy.blogspot.com
Joydeep Bhattacharya
Please use plain text.
Advisor
__Joydeep__

If my blog post was helpfull then pls hit the star or "accept as solution" it'll encourage me to do more.
Joydeep Bhattacharya
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kmk7

@mechanimal it only changes the access point setting go to personal config. To change the APNs ok:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
parag74254

[ Edited ]

Bro,
Just update your existing Nokia C2-00 with Nokia ovi suite & after that you will be able to edit or add manual configuration.
I have experience,But before updating,Backup all your data..........

*Edit removed promotional linke, these are not allowed under the forum guidelines.

parag74254
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lejkatabador

I'm haveing problem to use internet accessable apps like webbrowser,chatboot etc.
in airtel the providers not supplys the acess point so m unable to enjoy or use them.
as the previous trick of changeing access point no giveing value to use them yet now. I'm really disappoint with this handset of nokia. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
targetrix

Hi,

I am facing trouble accessing internet on my laptop using a Nokia C200. I have gone through this post and done the following

1. Changed access point to TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET (as on http://www.tatadocomo.com/gprs-edge-faqs.aspx) since am using TATA docomo. I have done so through changing "packet data settings" as TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET

2.Attempted access using Nokia PC Suite 7.1.180.94 (screenshot attached)

3. Connection between cell and laptop was via Bluetooth - that was found to be working fine.

the error I get is "packet data connection not available"

Pl. suggest a way out. Thanks

Haresh

TARGETrix.com

MBAadmissionGURUS.com

www.Targetrix.com
www.MBAadmissionGURUS.com
Please use plain text.
Advisor
stripegurl

@_joydeep_'how to activate d streaming setting?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sam8439678851

Hey Bro... Myself Sanyam. I just wana access net on my pc by using my nokia C2-00 handset... After trying my level hard i m unable to solve my problem.. Hope uh gonna solve out & help meh..
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Hi Sam8439678851

Thank you for posting and welcome to Nokia forum! :Cool:

If you want to use your Nokia C2-00 as a modem you need to have Nokia Suite installed on your PC. 

To use your phone as a modem to connect a compatible PC to web.

1. Install Nokia Suite in your PC or laptop.
  2. Check that you have a SIM card inserted in your phone and that the phone is not in offline mode.
  3. Connect your phone via USB cable or Bluetooth connection to your PC or laptop (USB connection preferred because it provides a faster and more reliable connection). When connecting via USB, check that the phone is using Nokia Ovi Suite mode (check the default mode in Menu > Settings > Connectivity > USB).
  4. Accept any installation requests which you may receive in your phone.
  5. In Nokia Suite, select Tools > Connect to internet.

The internet connection is now established via your phone. To disconnect, select Tools > Disconnect in Nokia Suite.

If the connection doesn't succeed, check the connection settings in Nokia Suite menu Tools > Options > Connect to internet. Select your network operator from the list or, if not found, use the manual settings and define the access point name to be used in your operator network. You can also define the user name and password if these are required by your operator.

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sam8439678851

Hey Bro..
As you said i followed the steps systematically but while coming on step in which you said "IN NOKIA SUITE select tools>connect to internet.. That option was not coming anywhr in my nokia PC SUITE and one thing more whenever i connect my cell to PC and select option of nokia ovi suite in my cellphone.. A little later comes "NO RESPONSE FROM HOST"
Please use plain text.
venkat451

No! it's possible  if you have the nokia suite latest version ...

Please do the steps following

1.Connected to internet broadband preferred

2.Run the nokia suite and connect/add c2-00

3.Try to find the nokia softeware update in Updates icon located last in the menu in the top position.

4.I updated my c2-00 s40  , latest version is  RM-704  ver.3.99

5.Now iam obtained all the options manuall settings and delete option.

Then why r u thinking more try it .

//Be innovative.

Please use plain text.