Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C2-03 Software Issues

eyeris97

C2-03 Software Issues

I purchased a C2-03 recently and have noticed the following issues with the software:

1. No option to modify the duration before the auto-lock kicks in. Right now the default duration is very less.

2. There is no option to configure where I want to store files transferred via bluetooth ie., phone memory or memory card. By default it stores in the phone memory and since that's quite less features like Nokia Maps etc stop working unless some phone memory is freed up.

3. While moving items from the phone memory to memory card there is no option to choose a destination folder on the memory card. By default it just puts it in the memory card base directory.

4. Gmail from the Mail option in Messaging does not seem to work for me. Yahoo does.

But my most immediate concern is touch actions do not always work as expected. Even though the touch is being registered (ie., mobile vibrates and the button/menu item color changes) the actvity that particular touch was supposed to perform does not happen.

Nokia team please upgrade the firmware quickly and make my new phone experience a bit more pleasant.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Hi,

Thanks for your productive comments and Nokia is aware of those.

Soon there will be new sw available and it fixes many issues.

Br

mahayv

Please use plain text.
raza78

hi sir in this device we can't play a next song by clicking next in player , There are not streaming option to play youtube , There are no option to "don't save send items " and many other options which are available in 7210 supernova and other devices thanks!  please create a software update with all options 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
c2_03

i ve same problem with c2-03 , can it possible to upgrate with antroid OS

current s/w is very very slow , touch screen is not so good,

Please use plain text.
raza78

some more issues about c2-03 are that

1 we can't play a radio on loudspeaker when a handfree is connected  

2 when we send a message to a group a short note is display like " message sent to etc " it turn on light and some time the device is unlock and also it use battery i think "message sending failed " is enough

3 we can't adjust a sound quality with many options

4 please give us a scientific calculater and virtual keypad for sms  i repeat virtual keypad not keyboard

Please use plain text.
irfan_ahmed

Mahayv

When new software update would be avaible to us, right now I am stuck with un responsive mail/ store/chat/communities.

Message inbox should have distinct color/icon for read/unread messages, right now we need to look carefully if a message is read or unread as icon is very much similar in color and message fonts and color are also same.

My mobile seems not to have FM recording option my software version is 6.51

Rest of my issue is same as other user here so I am not repeating it.

Regards

Irfan Ahmed

Please use plain text.

Hi,

I am afraid i have no exact date of releasing sw version.

But I would check the sw availability depending on the variants and countries, beginning of next week.

Lets hope the best.

Br

mahayv

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mittalshot

There is no free memory of phone. i have only 50 messages and says delete some memory. while i don't have any data in phone memory. Please available new software which can delete preinstalled gallery file and gave free memory for use.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
simplelifeblue

my family bought 4 phones of c2-03 and ALL the phones had a problem which is when we open the inbox/messages, the phones suddenly hang and restart. the weird is it is not happen all the time but most likely happening at least once a week. the restoration of setting had been done but it does not change anything AT ALL. the other alternatives that been adviced to me was to update the softwarer. thought the prob was message full but i keep clearing my inbox and prob won't solve. to update the software, so far the c2-03 not yet release any latest software.so what to do to ALL FOUR C2-03 PHONES?

Please use plain text.
gittu

Hi Mr Mahayv
I am a music lover & I am harassed with the media player provided with C2-03.
1st : I am not able to create a playlist of songs of my choice. There is no "Add folders" option in custem playlists. In my memory card there are 1000s of songs which comes all in one playlist making it impossible to here my desired ones. If I am playing the song from file manager(Gallary), only one song is playing. Pls guide me If it is possible to add/ delete folders or multiple songs in my playlist so that I can here my desired songs.
I updated the new device software via OVI Suit, and hoped I will get the software issue solved, but harassed.
Also there is no graphic equaliser in the player to tune songs as per customer requirement. Pls send a request to your Nokia software developers to add the above feature in the player.
The Hardware of the phone is v good. Look is also fantastic. I have faith on Nokia team to fulfil these requirements.
Regards
Please use plain text.

Hi Gittu,

Thanks for your honest and productive feedbacks.

I have already informed and still informing to the Nokia C2-03 unit about these feedbacks.

So do not worry about that.

But i am not able to say anything about adding functionalities to the phone.

Lets hope the best.

Thanks

Br

Mahayv

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ahasanalikhan

plz add streaming link in new sw of c203
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Kiranrs143

Hi mahayv,
if new sw is came and i wish to update,are they ask cash for that even if my guarnty isnt xpird?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ekalabya

I have latest 7.23 version. but still having the same issues.. (memory problem and on screen keyboard.. oh yes i can't change the internet setting too).. i found that c2-00 and asha firmware is being updated by nokia?? when the turns of c2-03 comes?>>> i hope i can also have a software update for my c2-03

Please use plain text.
heartsnaira

if new o.s is issued, kindly inform me.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ekalabya

New firmware v 7.31 is available for the SEAP region. I installed but found no change, again. if someone found something new, then please post
Please use plain text.
Advisor
thetekwar

I have updated my mobile twice  now firmware is v7.29 no improvement... They are least concerned about this phone... There's not a virtual keyboard too , every time opening/closing is boring and it has become loose type too. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
maksbulls

I have bought c2 03 2 months ago.  Its Software was having many issues. Especially in messaging. The new conversation mode of the phone is a very good feature but its full of flaws. particular contact conversation should contain only the messages sent and recieved by that contact, but in this phone many mesages of other contact has also been considered as that particular contact . not only this but also my mobil restarts if i send message to more than one recepients

more over the sound is too bad. Especiaaly when the phone is connected to any sound system, it is giving the same sound as it is coming from the phone speaker, i mean no bass at all and if we inrease the volume, sound becomes so annoying.

Also the phone memory is only 0.5 mb. No video is played at this mobile. No option to delete communities and other softwares that are alredy installed and they take too much space.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vishalkumarsahu

Hellow Mr Mahyv, nokia C2 03 is lacking its basic function of copy paste. . . I hope when I 'll get my set out of warranty we will get the software update. I'm seriously fedup of nokia. I would like to switch away after this one worst deal with nokia c2 03...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ekalabya

I have updated my c2-03 software from v 7.31 to v 7.48. And found that i can chanage my configuration setting (net setting) manually. Cheers!! thanks a lot c2-03 team. and of course the touch screen also responds good!! check whether this update available for your product code. good luck

Please use plain text.