Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C3-00 Unable to Change Display Brightness or P...

Registered Member
ivanowl

C3-00 Unable to Change Display Brightness or Powersaver timeout

Since buying my new C3-00 today from a large well known supplier, I have been unable to find a simple Menu function to allow me to change the power saver timeout (currently ridiculously too quick).

I also want the screen to be slightly illuminated (like it is with ALL my older Nokia's) while in power saver, thus allowing me to see if the phone is actually still ON!!

After spending the last 2 hours fruitlessly Googling... along with searching this forum... and even contacting Nokia direct (very unhelpful)... I am wondering if this function has been removed in the C3-00.

If this is the case... the phone goes back to the supplier and I will buy something else that provides these basic functions.

Good grief Nokia, after 15 years of using and raving about your phones I'm not impressed.

Ivan

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: C3-00 Unable to Change Display Brightness or Powersaver timeout

sadly you cant adjust the brightness,and all new nokia models screens go black after a period of time ,its a new powersaving function.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
otis

Is it possible to increase the time this default time is ridicules and make me angry and stressful.

It must be possible to release a firmware who can increase the time please do it before I throw the phone in wall.

Customer wishes must sometime be obey   

Please use plain text.
Sage
shazir

[ Edited ]

Dear otis,

The answer to your query is already explained by user "jimmyireland" clearly above ... :smileyvery-happy:

Pls click the green star at left if you find my post useful.
C3-00 V07.20 Devices since 1999 Motorolla A130 ETACS, MicroTAC ETACS, M3788, Accompli 008, C200 Nokia RinGoIII (NHX-7A) ETACS, 7250i, 3210, 5210, 6030, 3230, 2300, 2310, 3110c, 6300 Ericsson KF788 TDMA, A1018s Sony Ericsson K510 Samsung SGH-600, C210, GT-C3200 Blackberry 7130g
Please use plain text.
Contributor
otis

Answer is one thing, doing is another.

It is very simple

I replay to the question because I wish you to do something about it.

Not to close the case by repeating the answer.

We are the customer and by purchasing your mobile phone we give you the opportunity to earn money. Don't say to us customer that we have nothing to say about your phone.

That behavior is the best way to losing customer, I have been using Nokia phone for nearly 10 year.

But I honestly consider changing to another brand

Please use plain text.
Sage
shazir

Hey otis,

First of all note that I do not work for Nokia :smileyhappy:

I did not mean it that way ... while I understand your concerns raised.

But unfortunately such an option is not incorporated into C3 so far (as I know).

May be Nokia will look at it in the future depending on customer feedback (as you clearly said)

Anyways lets hope for the best ... cheers.

C3-00 V07.20 Devices since 1999 Motorolla A130 ETACS, MicroTAC ETACS, M3788, Accompli 008, C200 Nokia RinGoIII (NHX-7A) ETACS, 7250i, 3210, 5210, 6030, 3230, 2300, 2310, 3110c, 6300 Ericsson KF788 TDMA, A1018s Sony Ericsson K510 Samsung SGH-600, C210, GT-C3200 Blackberry 7130g
Please use plain text.
Contributor
otis

Thanks’ for your answer shazir I apology for my rudeness to you.

Let us hope that Nokia have the courage to answer this question.

This is an important question how Nokia is treating customer

If they really listening or if they don’t care about it.

I’m a programmer and know how simple it is to change such parameter.

It’s about giving customer priority for their wishes.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

its not going to happen S4O devices have not had this option for a long time .

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Sage
shazir

Hi otis,

Its cool mate, you weren't rude - I understand your concern :smileywink:

Anyway hope atleast a future firwmare version will help sort out your requirement.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Sage
shazir

[ Edited ]

Hi Jimmy,

Check this video demo.

Pay attention to Menu > Settings Icons. There is an option named "Lights" :smileysurprised:
May be one of the older FW versions did have an option to control brightness/contract.
Just my 2 cents, cheers.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Icebloodjake

hey guys ... i don't have the 'LIGHT' menu under 'Settings' ... ??? it's missing btw 'Tones' and 'Display'... is that only me? ....pfffff.....

Please use plain text.
Sage
nicrame

Maybe open source S40 from Nokia could help to make things get fixed and add some basic functions like brightness of the screen etc. It is true that Nokia i think is lost, instead of developing they go backward (and i mean years).
Don't say you want to help - just do it! Happy user of Nokias: 6150 SAT (still work), 6021 (used as backup, still work), 5220 XpressMusic (Drown, screaming for Contact Service), C3-00 (my current phone).
Please use plain text.
Contributor
otis

Good written nicrame

If Nokia are trying to perform as the highest and best in mobile phone
Must they listen to the customers and not sit there as a bully and consider us customers who are less knowing and they don't understand their best and it is Nokia who know best what users’ needs are.

This setting is not good if Nokia want to be a leader as a manufacturer in Mobile Phones.

Please use plain text.
Sage
nicrame

Well i think, Nokia do not try to perform best. I think they do not know what they want. They try to "change" into something better, but in summary it looks like they doing something completely different. It looks like they do not know or understand that because of other greate mobile phones producers like HTC, BlackBerry or Samsung they MUST do BETTER phones with BETTER software with prize that is smaller. People do not buy more this "mark" as something better. People do not take all this marketing **bleep** because there is large competition. And anyone can compare simple qwerty BB phones with such simple C3, where C3 is without veeeery advanced knowledge on the side of user, just a brick with many buttons. This is not enough. Their software that they think will make things better that is Ovi Suite is performing bad. Syncing is slow, and users do not have full control on what is going on. So for me for example, i still use Nokia PC Suite - simpler, faster, better, without all those fancy colored GUI that really no one care when app do not work as it should. Also C3 itself, i use it and i like it. But i had to learn how to flash it by myself because closest Nokia Care location is hundret KM from me. Also i had to learn about chipset inside, and memory inside, to learn how to fix problems like second community icon. I had info from Nokia that they couldn't replicate this problem. I had to learn what protocol C3 is using for wathing videos from YouTube, how it is working on the network side, analyse the transfer to know, how to prepare whole netowrk at home (with static IPs, redirecting range of UDP ports on that IP). And this is maybe only half problems with this phone. But such things should not even happen with phone that go to sell. Really for me, someone should be fired for such lack of competence. There are 2 possibilities:
- testing team failed, didn't find those errors (that would mean Nokia will die producing worst phones every, which is slowly happening even by hardware itself and it's resistance for water, dust and falls)
- management failed by telling to release phone before good testing and making everything work as it should.

Whatever it is, someone should search for new job. Also there is problem with different phone models, because while i created Nokia C3 support site for Polish users ( http://nokia-c3.itos.pl/ ), they start to send me some info about similar problems on different models like X2 etc. People search for help, but i cannot help them all. And Nokia is sleeping. Let it sleep, maybe Nokia will wake up in the moment, when all people around will already use different mobile phones ;-)
Don't say you want to help - just do it! Happy user of Nokias: 6150 SAT (still work), 6021 (used as backup, still work), 5220 XpressMusic (Drown, screaming for Contact Service), C3-00 (my current phone).
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
baygantuchupbyt

I did adjust my brightness setting!!

I guess this message of mine will help thousands for a while..

download Adrees File Explorer.jar

after download run it and go to the 'torch' pane,through navigation keys we can adjust brightness!

finally,I did it!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MaNéès

Yes, we can adjust the brightness through File Explorer but after closing that application, brightness remain same as before.

This application doesn't work.
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Please use plain text.