Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C3-01 Memory Card

Registered Member
ARRGGHH

C3-01 Memory Card

I purchased this phone 2 months ago and have had a problem with the memory from new.  I can only use the phone memory.  I tried 2 different memory cards 1gb and a 4gb (which was brand new).  The phone keeps telling me the cards are not formatted and gives the option to format, selecting yes the phone tries to format but is not succesfull. It then reverts back to phone memory.  Under memory status it states memory card not available. 

Emailed Nokia who told me to try a soft reset and a hard reset if the the soft reset does not resolve the issue.  Neither helped.  Weeks later a software update become available so I updated the software and still not able to use memory card. 

Contacted Orange my provider who simply read the discussions on here and advised I purchase a Class 10 memory card.  Which I did and guess what....still the same!  All three cards work perfectly in my old handset.

Has anybody else suffered this problem?  Any suggestions how I can get the damn phone to recognise the memory card?  Or do I need to go back to the Orange salesmen and insert it somewhere painfull :smileywink:

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Neil.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Re: C3-01 Memory Card

Hi, Sorry to hear your memory carsd issue.

If you are using the Nokia supported memory card, and it does not work, possibly  there is something wrong  with memory card reader or hardware.

So i would suggest to visit Nokia Care Point in your area.

To find your nearest Nokia Care Point, visit http://www.nokia.com/support and select the Repair page.

Br

Mahayv

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Personally, instead of going to a Nokia Care Center, I'd go to Orange first. Its their custom firmware afterall. And I would think you are still within the replacement period.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ARRGGHH

Thanks for the info and feedback, I've contacted Orange and waiting for them to reply....

Please use plain text.