Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C3-01 Support Page Says 6.0 current software v...

Advisor
sschriber

C3-01 Support Page Says 6.0 current software version but my v 5.60 won't update

I'm running the latest Nokia Suite - 3.2.100.  The Nokia USA support site says (http://www.nokiausa.com/us-en/support/product/c3-01/)  "Latest software release for Nokia C3-01 is 06.00". However, when I update check in  Nokia Suite, it says my current device software version is V 05.60 and no updates are available.

Anyone else have this issue?  How to remedy this contradiction?

Please use plain text.
Professor
JudaZ

Re: C3-01 Support Page Says 6.0 current software version but my v 5.60 won't update

The latest software version for the phone model C3-01 is 6.0 

But the latest version for Nokia C3-01 with your product code is v5.60 

The latest version displayed for a device on the page is the latest for the general model, but all phones have been created in different series, separated by product code.

Phones for a certain region and language pack have a selected number of product codes, phones branded by an operator have another product code that separates them from the pack.

As an example an unbranded C3-01 made for the german region might have one product code, and a phone branded to Orange in Germany will have another.

An unbranded Nokia C3-01 made for the chinese market will have yet another product code.

sometime it is language adapatatons that will impact  when a a product code for a phone will get an update. Sometimes its modifications made or demanded by an operator/carrier that takes time and delays the update for another product code. 

and sometimes there is no known issue for a region and product code, and if there is no new feature in the update, then the latest version may never be released for some product codes.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Re: C3-01 Support Page Says 6.0 current software version but my v 5.60 won't update

Well, you cannot get a better and clearer answer than that.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

And the latest firmware version is 7.15.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.