Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C3-01 TOUCHSCREEN

Contributor
c301cy
Accepted Solution

C3-01 TOUCHSCREEN

hi, i got the phone two weeks ago and everything was working fine.

recently every now and then the touchscreen decides to stop working. (the keypad continues to work)

i did the following:

- removed SD card (2gb) and used the phone without it to check if the problem occurs again.

- soft reset of settings

- checked for software updates, no updates found (5.65)

- even without new updates i used nokia update manager to re-install the current firmware

- changed sim card

none of the above helped.

the other thing i noticed is that this issue doesn't have a specific pattern. this 'disabling' of the touchscreen occured when:

- answering the phone while being locked.  (i couldn't unlock afterwards)

- receiving messages while viewing inbox

- receiving message while calling

- after leaving the phone for a long period of time.

- right after using bluetooth transfer

and more that i cant really remember right now.

i dont know if we should assume that it's not some specific application or style of use that causes this problem.

could this be a hardware problem? how could it be a hardware problem if at any other time the screen functions perfectly.

my gut feeling says that it's the touchscreen ''service'' (software) that fails.

THIS PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE COMMON ON THIS PHONE. CAN SOMEONE FROM OFFICIAL NOKIA SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THIS?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
c301cy

Re: C3-01 TOUCHSCREEN

Doesn't anyone else want to post something regarding this subject?

It happens on my friends X3-01 as well but the difference is that after approximately 5 minutes the screen starts working again. On my C3-01 you have to remove the battery so that I can switch the phone on again.

Someone please help.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Hi,

I checked this issue from the C3-01 unit.

I recommend that it is best to visit Nokia Care Point near to your location.

You can find the local information on top of this page "contact us".

Nokia care point will check and decide what to do.

Possibly changing the touch module to a new one.

Br

Mahayv

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have exactly same problem. I have been using the C3-01 for 2 months or a little more. Everything worked smart and clear. Suddenly touch screen stopped responding and this was changing. It looks like it is software based - sometimes touch is working nice (as at the beginning) but sometimes I cannot click a selection. I tried to recalibrate touch screen but I was not able to reach desired menu item.

I tried upgrade to v6 firmware, it is now sitting in my device. But the only way before I can call someone is to remove battery and start phone. I switched off PIN requirement so I am able to dial from the phone.

Upgrade did not reach its end and same happened to restore now. But this is a different topic.

I am working from Win7.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
c301cy

finally someone posted with the same problem.

i dont understand why no one from OFFICIAL NOKIA isn't commenting on this issue.

i will try to update to v6 and will let you know as well.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Elango86

Hi all. Even me too facing the exact issue on my nokia C3-01.

Please use plain text.
maxx118

I also experienced the same problem.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

There is a comment from Nokia, see the comment made by Mahayv

Please use plain text.
Contributor
c301cy

i doubt if mahayv is a technical expert. i noticed his posts are always the same and always redirecting users to a nokia care point.

anyway, the problem is very common it seems and there is no official update on this.

it must be a software problem so i hope the update comes out!

i hope nokia solves this soon.

Please use plain text.

Hi,

Thanks for your comment.

I am afraid you are not right in this issue.

I checked with the C3-01 unit and informed me that this is related to the display issue not the sw issue.

That is the reason i recommend you to visit to the Nokia Care Points.

I hope this makes it clear.

Br

mahayv

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
saurabhm1106

Hi all,

I am from India, i have purchased C3-01 in the month of April. I am having exactly same problem.

The touchscreen stops working and i cannot even unlock the phone (as i have given PIN request while unlocking).

I'll go to Nokia Care Point, but the problem with them is they take 2 weeks to check your phone, next 2 weeks to get the solution, then few days to get the new part that needs to be replaced and finally after fighting with them they return your cell and you are not sure that it will work perfectly or not. I am really irritated with the service they provide. I hope they have developed much since i visit them last time.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
umar_173i

The touchscreen stops working and i cannot even unlock the phone. Only numeric keys are working......  I am from Karachi, I have purchased C3-01 in the month of April. I am having exactly same problem.   

Please use plain text.
Detritusuk

I too have had similar problems with this phone.  One of my main worries with a touch screen was the likelihood of the screen devekiping a fault and the other was the impact that a touchscreen woudl have on a battery.

I have used the C3-01 with almost no issues until recently.

There were sporadic moments when the screen would scroll down almost of its own accord when viewing web pages or scrolling though a list of names in your contacts.  A quick gesture of the your finger on teh screen normaky stopped the scrolling happening but releasing the touch coudl mean that it would continue scrolling.  This proved an incovience when it happened but it was something that didnt happen that often.

Recently I started finding that when I wanted to touch the part of teh screen nearest the bottom of the screen that it would be difficult to get a response at times.  Such as scrolling back by pressing the 'back' button on the phone when on a webpage.  This would result in another part of the screen responding other than the area that was being touched.

More recently there is a touch cursor that is visible.  Almost like a circle made of broken lines.  This can sometimes indicate that a different part of the screen registers to having been pressed other than the part which has been touched.  If on the home screen for example, I find that I might want to access the menu.  So I press the menu button on the screen.  Instead, one of the shortcut buttons just above them are selected.  In thsi case thsi is normally the nokia chat option or the message editor. In other cases the keypad does not respond which would appear to be confirmed by not feelinga  vinrating response when touching the screen.  Very ver unusually there are odd occasions that the bottom part of teh screen respons as it should.

I am now left in most cases of not being able to unlock the phone.  It seems a shame that the unlock button on the side doesnt also act as an unlocking button.  It is also a shame that there isnt another key that woudl access the menu and its also annoying that there is another method to scroll the screen.  The volume button could have doubled as a scrolling button for example.

If the slide to unlock part was at a different of the screen I may have been able to do that to,  Perhaps it should respond to any sliding motion and not just be confined to the buttom most part.

More importantly if there was the use of buttons to do the job of the touchscreen there would be no issue that prevents the use of the phone.

My problems with this phone have deteriated quite qucikly over the last few  days.

I have tried to see if  there is a way to factory reset the phone although I cant access it.  I have also tried to update the firmware and this has not resolved the issue.  I have recalibrated the screen numerous times when I have been able.  Sometimes this appears to have a slight improvement but in most cases its still futile.

You should not have to switch a phone and start it up 4 times to try and get a sniff of teh phoen even slightly working the way it should.

I am very disappointed in this and I am very disappointed to see that there appears to be a lot of faulty C3-01 touchscreens or others for that matter,

I also really disliek the fact that the C3-01 doesn't multitasking.

I have put this up so that other people out there don't necessarily feel they are alone.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Pacoep6

[ Edited ]

Hi. I'm from Spain and I have the same problem.

I've been really happy with the C3-01 since I bought it (march-april on this year). But yesterday I started to be unable to use the touchscreen. I can't unlock my mobile phone most of times.

I've tried everything: calibrate the screen, installed the new software... no way.

But I'm sure it looks a software problem, clearily: the touchscreen works well sometimes, and other times is really crazy and I can do nothing. If it was a screen problem it would never work, not sometimes. And lots of users with the same problem, if it was a bad using it wouldn't happen.

I think Nokia should try to see it, because if it is a software problem shops won't give us any solution. ¿Change the touchscreen? I can buy a new mobile phone cheaper than repairing the C3-01.

Mahayv: Try to update the screen software...

Please use plain text.

Hi,

I have passed these comments on to the C3-01 phone unit for improving the issue.

Lets hope the best.

Br

mahayv

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rjm2754

I also have the problem of the touchscreen freezing on my c3-01. This happens nine times out of ten after i have made a call. I have updated to current software but the problem persists.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hfar

I also got the same problem! the touch screen stopped with no reason! I am going to return it! and I dont buy the same model again!, the help of Nokia to this topic is unacceptable since it is a common problem!

Please use plain text.
nasimbd

[ Edited ]

I had also the same problem yesterday, I removed the battery, SIM and Memory card, wait for long time as it was not worked for short time :smileysad:,  I kept the battery in charge after that put the set ON, yes now it is working…:smileyhappy:, But I am in doubt It may happen again!  Nokia should find solution.

Nasim Ahmed

Manikdi, Dhaka, Bangladesh

Moderator's note: Personal email address removed. It is not advisable to post personal information on public forums.

Please use plain text.
blackspaven

Surprise, surprise, I have the same problem... but I bet I can trump you all!! lol

I received my c3-01 last month, ...and the touchscreen stopped working within 12 hours!! Phoned the company i got it from (using a landline! lol) and after a bit of a battle, I convinced them that instead of me sending it back to wait and get it back or get a new one, that after that short amount of time I should just get a new model. It was sent through and worked fine... until tonight.

However, regarding the first one I received, I got an email a few days after from the phone company asking what the issue was exactly, as the couldn't find a fault. Told them and they seemed happy and would just send it back to Nokia, no problem for me or them.

Knowing this, I rationalised that the reason the first one may have worked when it got back to the supplier was that the battery had been sitting out of the phone on the journey back. So I took the battery out of mine, left it about an hour and it's working again now. So that's what I recommend to others to try to get it working again, potentially. The worst thing is that because of the slide lock, once it goes, you cannot get into the phone at all... cos you can't unlock the little tinker! Take the battery out and back in, and if it still isn't working, you can't press 'ok' if you've enabled the phone lock, so you're screwed either way!

I DO agree though that having read this thread, and others like it all over the net after the first incident last month, that there is a recurring issue with this phone that needs to be resolved and Nokia aren't obviously apparently doing much about it.

Love my nokias, but not impressed with this one at the mo.

Does anyone know where I can get a list of what problems/glitches/bugs the various software updates relate to and what they're fixing? Once I got it working again I updated it and it jumped from V06.00 to V06.05, but I don't know what it's changed??

Please use plain text.
blackspaven

...aaaaaaaaaand the slide's stopped working again after less than an hour!! :smileymad:

Please use plain text.