Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C3-01 TOUCHSCREEN

SandeshRao

Re: C3-01 TOUCHSCREEN

Here is one more victim of touch screen problem with C3-01. For the first time since I started using mobile phone (around 10 years), I bought a Nokia hand set... but it is very disappointing!!!
It was purchased during 1st week of March 2011, within few days of crossing the warranty period ( 3rd April 2012) my Nokia set has got problems with touch screen (since 5th May). Just like many more friends of mine in this forum I too struggle just to unlock my mobile. I can see, there are unread messages, but can’t open them, if there are missed calls can’t make out who it is,  whenever I pick someone to call, I end up dialing somebody else next in the list. Unable to use the mobile even for the basic purpose what it is meant for… needless to say about what ever other features the phone has got
The only change in my usage since last 3 weeks is I stopped using my mobile cover. I did try all the troubleshooting methods, soft reset, hard reset, software upgrade by myself nothing helped for more than 5 minutes, until handset is locked!!!

When I took the set to Nokia Care Center (CMH Road, Indira Nagar, Bangalore), it was told the charge to replace the touch screen will be Rs 1,800/- (for what I can buy a good basic handset), later negotiations came down to Rs1,700/- and finally Rs1,500/- .Which I did not feel worth for with warranty of just 2 months for touch screen…!!!
Thought of going for an option of buy back in Nokia Store next to this Nokia Care center, offered me Rs 2,400/- (which I bought for Rs8,250/- a year back). If I get it repaired I can sell it for Rs3,000/-!!!

I have not decided what next to do… But WILL NOT GO FOR ANOTHER NOKIA TOUCH SCREEN, WHEN THEY ARE NOT READY TO TAKE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF GENUINE PROBLEMS WITH MANY CUSTOMERS!!!

One of the options I have found is, at least those important or frequent contacts can be put under speed dial list (that too with great struggle but for one time), when successful to unlock the set after multiple tries can use the speed dial to call the person.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
alinford

I'm going to add my "I'm having the same issue" to the pile, as my touchscreen has stopped working and I can't access the menu at all. It's vibrating in response but none of my shortcuts are on the screen either. I've had the phone for just three weeks.

Isn't there now a significant number of responses and compaints to recall the phones and actually manufacture a phone that works properly for more than a couple of weeks? I know you're going to tell me to go to a Nokia care point and get them to fix it but is it really going to just do this again in the near future?

Sounds skeptical I know, but I've had this same problem with Sony Ericsson phones before and hence why I bought another brand.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
K_Senos

Same problem here, purchased through Carphone Warehouse, I have to take back to the branch where I purchased it!
Please use plain text.
buggeroff

[ Edited ]

. I bought it last year (Serbia,Belgrade). It was fine more or less for a year with occasional auto message deleting and mixing the contents of the conversations and auto scrolling. (you do understand that fine is very polite word :angry:)

So now i have this problem everyone is describing and the screen is not responding to literally anything so i can't even beck it up (although i wont buy another nokia phone EVER so the backup is useless).

I'll try and synchronise it with outlook express on my pc with the cable so that at least i can save the contacts and the calendar data.... ( Have anyone tried this? )

You know when "cannon" found out the problems with two parts on their cameras they replaced it without charge (i fixed mine six years after the purchase!!!).

I am just saying.... :thumbdown:

Moderators notes: Attempts to bypass profanity filter removed.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
aspen314

[ Edited ]

also if the sync doesnt work, try putting some thin card between the battery and the backplate. its tricky to get the thinkness right, but it worked for me and i was able to get in long enough to copy the contacts i needed )

Moderator's Note: Abuse against moderator's will not be tolerated as set out by the forum guidelines here

Please use plain text.
write2kapil

I got the same touchscreen problem after 6 months of purchase of Nokia C3-01 phone. The touch panel was replaced by Nokia Care for free during warrenty and phone was working fine but now again i am getting the same problem. Now the warrenty has also expired and Nokia Care is asking for Rs.1250/- for fixing it again... and there is no guarentee for how log it will work.. i feel its a big mistake to chose Nokia C3-01

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cp_007

same problem....i purchased it from dubai in April 2011.....touchscreen became unresponsive within 1 year....i took it to nokia care center at Kaloor, Ernakulam.... they replaced the touchsreen which cost me Rs.1128... again within 3 months touchscreen became unresponsive... i took the phone to the same care center again... they said it has to changed again and that they dont have any warranty on the replaced touchscreen....horrible set... I regret purchasing the Nokia product...hope nokia will do something for their hapless customers...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
VickySharma

Nokia do something .. its about your reputation

I am too victim of same proble of touchscreen of nokia c3-01 .I purched it  1.2 month back and get same tochscreen hanging problem after 3 months from purchsing date.Also i sent it 2 times to nokia care and after that it work fine for only 1 month and then same problem occur again .NOW THE PHONE IS AGAIN AT NOKIA CARE FOR PAID REPAIRING AND FOR 3rd TIME. underline tha word 3rd time.

so please nokia people do something for your customer . Its a genuine problem face by lot of people.PLEASE ACCEPT IT AS A MANFACTURER DEFECT AND DO SOMETHING FOR CUSTOMER .

THANKS

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
VickySharma

Re: Nokia do something .. its about your reputation

yes do something
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Touchy

Hi,

Using Nokia C3-01. Had the handset for maybe two months. Also experienced this problem, identically. 

Intermittent at first. Now, handset is as good as useless. A paperweight, and a poor one at that. 

Having read the forum, it's pretty clear that there is an issue with the handset.

How dissappointing. 

I'm furious. Will never, ever us a Nokia again.

Quality is paramount, especally when clients are locked into contracts, etc. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Touchy

Having bought into a 2 year contract, I'm now about to dispatch the handset for repair.

Wish me luck. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
aspen314

[ Edited ]

Dear haZey

I am mystified as to what you found abusive about the questions ive ask that you have deleated.

but perhaps i should rephrase my questions in the vain hope of any Nokia employee making an official statement about a nokia product on nokia.com

question 1. Is this touch screen fault due to the poor design of the plastic clasps that hold the tin backplace in place?

question 2. Since there are such a large number of complaints about this specific models screen faults has nokia had ANY investigation the cause of these faults?

question 3. If these two previous questions are ignored or deleated AGAIN is it fair the accuse the moderators of this site of IGNORANCE?

and before you direct me to Nokias customer support phone, email, or "Contact Us" section

i have already phoned and emailed nokia customer support on several occasions and the ONLY responce i have recieved is to go visit my local nokia care center ( which was totterdels on bray main street ) however this store closed over three months ago. althought it is still listed as an OPEN care center 

Moderator's note: Javascript removed

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Prems

Dear All,

the C3-01 is really bad model,pls don wast your cost by buying this.facing touch pad problem frequently

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Prems

Very bad touch pad.in the warrenty period three time visited to nokia care,they didn say,just updated the software and return.Immediately after warrent y of one year,that is after completion 12.5 months the touch pad gone,they asking 1500 rs for touch pad.very bad mobile.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Janeme

Re: Nokia do something .. its about your reputation

I too having same trouble with same phone.  It appears to happen at strange times, but is getting worse.  I emailed orange as my contract is with them - there is nothing they can do - I have to sit out the contract with a phone that doesn't work.

I too heard Samsung touch screen good.

Good to know that others have same problem and struggling to get help with it.  Had Nokia for years, but not the touchscreen.

Found this Forum after lots of research on the web of what to do.  Please Nokia, pay attention, something is obviously defunct with this phone - my friend got rid of hers and said wouldn't buy another one again.

I rely on my phone - I have panic disorder - it is my lifeline.  Now have to swallow cost of contract by the looks of it.  Sansung here I come.  Nokia restore my faith in your company

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nokit99

I have also had the same problem, we have a house full of Nokia phones and have always stuck to them.............but not now; the last two we have had have given us so many problems the C3 packed up after about 3 months and the C2 we have isn't as mobile as it should be!!

We are also tied into contracts ............so a rethink is in order and defiantly a NO to another NOKIA unless they get there act together, there phones have been a down grade not an upgrade.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Nokasaurus

Re: C3-01 TOUCHSCREEN- No Problems Here

Please keep in mind you are only hearing from those with issues on these forums.  What would be interesting to know is how many of these phones have been sold.  I would imagine that a very very smalll percentage of them actually have issues.  Perhaps they are out of a certain batch or house a specific component.

It would be nice if Nokia's quality control did an investigation and if there was a bad batch stood up to the plate and made good on defective ones.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jb0020259

Re: C3-01 TOUCHSCREEN- No Problems Here

I am yet another victim of this phone.will never buy another product. visit https://www.facebook.com/0working to make your voice heard to more innocent people.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
alternativ92

Allright, i have some good news.:thumbsup:

1st, some sites are saying that the problem is beacause of the internal touch sensir module or the connections to the mainboard of the phone. You should SPECIFICALLY order the people responsible for the maintenance to replace these faulty parts. Further details in this link:
http://repair-mobiles.com/c3-01-touch-screen-problem-solution/

2nd, to restart the phone without removing the battery, try the following:
1. While the phone is locked, dial 911 (or 112); you will see the phone's screen (unlocked)

2. Press the lock button (on the side of the phone, under the volume keys)

3. Your phone is now unlocked, you can safely turn it off without removing the battery, and turn it on again.

4. Please remember to take the phone to the repair shop as soon as the problem starts to persist.

Please use plain text.
johngill

This is such a bad phone - without repeating the experiences of everybody else, this phone gives me nothing but trouble with the touchscreen.  I can't believe the silence from Nokia on this subject.  This phone should be recalled - it really is as simple as that.

I'm now prepared to buy a non-Nokia phone to see me through to the end of my T-Mobile contract, that's how bad it is.

Never again I'm afraid, after being a Nokia user for over 10 years.

Please use plain text.