Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C3-01 TOUCHSCREEN

babuvgl

Re: C3-01 TOUCHSCREEN

Nokasaurus, I am facing the Touchscreen issue and to my understanding and the Nokia care nowhere it is related to software upgrade.
Please use plain text.
dashingahad

Re: C3-01 lcd

recntly i had been to skardu and over there , my c3-01 fell from my hand and the lcd broke into pieces so i got itreplaced from an un-official store  .  . .so now willyou guys replace my lcd and how much will you guys charge and will it's warrant be valid after you fixture . . .

help me nokia .  . .plz

Please use plain text.
msm2012

what's the latest firmware version for C3-01 in India?, and where & how can this be downloaded?

Please use plain text.
Gitanjili

Hi all,

same problem - the bottom part of the touchpad doesn't always work. I took it to the service, they installed me v06.05 and it is still not working properly. Sometimes it scrolls by itself and I can only stop it with the red button. Sometimes I can't unlock For those who are interested in the software update: it was creating the problem before the update and afterwards. I will take it to service again. :smileysad: Hope it resolves somehow! 

I am only writing this, because Nokia need to see how big the problem is indeed. 

Regards, Gita 

Please use plain text.
gksoyi

Nokia C3-01 is a real **bleep** from them and they need to RECALL this product and replace it with some other models. I bought this 6 months back and last 2 weeks the touch screen has stopped responding. I had to remove battery and restart the phone whenever i want to make a call as i cant unlock the phone. sometimes clicking on bottom of touch screen (goto, menu or names) activates the buttons at the top of the screen (time and date in my case). the MENU is not at all accessible. if it was accessable i could try to disable the keylock. i cannot scroll through items. almost 1 week before there was automatic scrolling as if its haunted. i cant even change the date or set alarm. And to make it worse the camera too isnt working. Whenever I start the camera a message "operation failed" is displayed. I had used many mobiles of nokia and samsung and this is the first time i am encountering such a problem and that too within the warranty period. There are some other snags also like we cannot delete more than 1 message together. we have to open message and then delete it one by one. same problem with contacts also. there is problem with the wireless lan also. Altogether, when i bought this phone i was very happy that i had got a phone that is more than worth its price. But NOW i blame myself for not searching on the web for any problems with this phone. i didnt take this phone to service centre as i misplace the warranty paper and i think they are going to charge if i dont produce the paper. And i dont have a spare phone as these service people might take more than 2 weeks to replace/repair the phone. I deeply regret buying this phone. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP TO FIND A SOLUTION Thanks and Regards Soyaf, India
Please use plain text.
beanohoop12070

I agree - the level and frequency of this complaint shows that there is a fundamental problem with this phone. It was my introduction to touchscreen phones and whilst i have been delighted with it for almost 10 months (during which time i have not dropped it and looked after it), it is almost unusable now due to this tempremental touchscreen issue.

It is such a great phone and surely Nokia can see from the level of shared problems that we customers have had that this is an issue with the phone unit itself: a fundamental design fault or - dare i say it - poor design that means our phones should be replaced/upgraded instead of us having to take the trouble to find an approved repair centre (which doesn't seem to fix the issue either!)

Please sort it out Nokia - i have only ever had good experiences with you over the past 12 years and this is a real issue that needs to be proactively sorted!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ariendj

dear folks..

bad news!!! the problem faced by many here is termed as 'LIQUID DAMAGE' by nokia..

and worst part is,its not covered under warranty!!

im from india and got whopping Rs.2200 bill to pay to get it fixed and that like 1/4 price of the phone itself!!

this is true and i got the inputs from Nokia Care and Nokia support!!!

il gladly use it as a paper weight!!

Please use plain text.
dnandros

I have the same problem here .. 2nd time now that my c3-01 touchscreen failure . i wait 1 month each time to fix .. This is a big problem and Nokia doesnt do anything about its own mistake . I gave 189 euros for this phone , i bought it in Greece and i want to get rip off it and buy one other . This time i wont go for a Nokia model , i had enough .. Shame on YOU NOKIA !!

Please use plain text.
PRAVEEN_IKB

C3-01 TOUCHSCREEN PROBLEM

Hi im from bangalore i bought Nokia c3-01 on 15-may-2011.For the first 4month it works fine after wards it showing so many problems like battery back up,auto restarting etc............But form the last 2 weeks mostly from 11-feb-2012 after udating to 07.16 my touch screen is not working properly & also it shows error in games & applications........please suggest me what to do with it............

Please use plain text.
sssddd

Two times C3-01 TOUCHSCREEN

I have same problem for second time.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bakhsh007

Babu I agree you

This is a very bad phone and unfortunately there is no solution yet

I am going to throw it

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
devcottage

My touch screen is not responding. what is the solution?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Brizzley

I have two C3-01 phones and they both suffer this intermittent problem.

There seems to be nothing that triggers it and the only thing that seems to solvce it is to take the battery out to switch phone off, immediately re-insert battery and turn phone on.

The fact that it affects two phones bought at different times suggests it is not an uncommon problem.

Disappointing not to have found a solution on here from Nokia or anyone else.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
srik1

I hate nokia now.Right from the time I bought this phone , I have been having issue and issue...Poor customer service @Nokia care,  alwarpet,Chennai where in they always want to charge for phone which is less than 1 year old.I have been having issue right from the day I purchased this phone.Disappointed. I hate to hear that koddava " NOKIA VIN Nambikai".

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
srik1

grrr...I had the same exact issue ..have paid that still same issue..Pathetic Nokia !!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Abz_UK

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE. GOT IT REPAIRED BY T-MOBILE TWICE AND STILL PROBLEM OCCURS. FED UP NOW!!!! THEY ARE REPLACING THE PHONE AGAIN FOR THE 3RD TIME. WHO KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN. I SIMPLY ASKED FOR A SIMILAR MODEL AS I AM FED UP WITH THIS ISSUE RE-OCCURING BUT THEY REFUSED!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
kuduromkd

Re: C3-01

Hello guys, 

I have an issue with my mobile phone, it is nokia c3-01 touch and type. " I think " the problem is that I have erased something from my phone, it looked like a file in my memory card. Now, I can't go to Menu and Go to sections on my start screen, The only thing that works is Media, alarm, calendar and some other things on my start screen. It seems like I have been blocked to open my menu, so I can only go to music, photos, vids and alarm,calendar things. I touched the menu bar 100000 times, but it has no respond. Please give me some advise, whether should I download some new software, or to download the document I have erased, or maybe it's a virus...

Thank you in advance.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
senseikalai

THIS IS FROM MS. P.KALAI SELVI , DINDIGUL, TAMIL NADU, INDIA  -senseikalai@gmail.com

I too have purchased NOKIA C3 -01 on April 5, 2011.  Within one year there was a failure in Touch screen , I have updated through NOIKIA care in the month of December 2011.  Again at the end of March 2012 I got the same complaint.  Taken to NOKIA care on April 4, 2012 got it updated with poor service after lots of discussion with the office people. Now I am not able to use the mobile for outgoing.  Just I am keeping it only for incoming.  I could not open any menus .  My friends are advising me to buy SAMSUNG which is becoming NO:1 in the market .  I have sent mail to customer care but it was cared less.  My investment of 8,300 is simply waste.   kindly excuse me .  Now I have found no way .  just I am able to complain only. ...............................................with regards   kalai selvi

Please use plain text.
saaqi

Here is a hardware working solution

Nokia C3-01 Touch Screen Problem Solution

Please use plain text.
saaqi

this solution for nokia C3-01 touch screen worked for me

Nokia C3-01 Touch Screen Problem Solution

Please use plain text.