Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C3-01 Touch and Type Keypad Lock/Unlock Issue,,

Registered Member
mayankpujara
Accepted Solution

C3-01 Touch and Type Keypad Lock/Unlock Issue,,

I just bought this C3-01 touch and type phone and it got big issue of locking/unlocking key pad..

phone gets locked and even if I click on keylock button and then click unlock (on touch screen) then it never gets unlocked.. (I checked guide it says same thing)

how to resolve this issue? anyone had same issue?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Charliexx22

Re: C3-01 Touch and Type Keypad Lock/Unlock Issue,,

I've just received my Nokia C3-01 today. I've charged it up but I can't unlock it!!

I've followed all of the instructions in the manual. Help!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

If u've received it today & it isn't working then go to the shop with the purchase proof & get it replaced.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
magnu28948

I had the same trouble until I realized that you have SWIPE the unlock marker from left to right, not just click it like it says in the manual.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Hunaid786

1st Of All, If u just got oyur Nokia C3-01 Device, then You must be having the old version of SOftware in it, maybe v05.68. So In that SW, You have to press the unlock, there is no swipe to unlock,
So, You can clearly see, there is a Button at the Right of your mobile below the Volume Buttons (Right If you Have your Device Screen Facing you, Left If you ahve the Back Battery Cover Facing You)

So Press that Button, you will see your display glow showing " UNLOCK " option in the middle, Press It.

It will get Unlock.
Also, after Unlocking, Before adding anything to Phone Memory (like contacts, messages,etc) make sure to update your Mobile FW/SW to the latest version out there (which is v06.05)

So, If you have a PC with internet connection, connect your Device with USB, and Use Nokia Software Updater (Or Nokia Ovi Suite, whatever you have got Installed In your PC) and Start Updating ASAP, Alot Of Bug Fixes have been Taken Place,

If Still Not Unlocked, RETURN YOUR DEVICE NOW, because your Device is Faulty.

If I Helped Press The Star Against My Name At the Left SiDe :smileyvery-happy: 

If I've helped in any way, a click upon the White star to the left would always be appreciated.

If however my answer also solves your problem clicking below " ACCEPT AS SOLUTION " it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
docwrk

Thanks to you for guiding about keypad lock. Can't thank you enough. I just bought it today but was not happy to see key guard was not unlocking but SWIPING technique solved the issues. God bless.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

the manual is *bleep* and hte FAULT is REALLY annoying.*bleep* to inflict this on punters

MODERATORS NOTE:  The profanities have been removed. Offensive language is not allowed on the forums. Thanks

abelljms
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

*bleep*
keylock with NO menu item to DEACTIVATE
why is my life hell due to some idiot foisting something on punters they don't want?

MODERATORS NOTE:  The profanities have been removed. Offensive language is not allowed on the forums. Thanks

abelljms
Please use plain text.
Contributor

a brand new phone should 100% have the korekt software in it.

failure is breach of Sale of Goods Act in UK - i shall contact trading standards if my replacement phone from tmbile has same fault.
abelljms
Please use plain text.
Contributor

"the Star Against My Name At the Left SiDe.."

NO it is RIGHT SIDE !!!
abelljms
Please use plain text.
Contributor

the correction to the manual is
"to unlock the phone keyboard. Press rhs RED key, and then when you see the green animated bar appear on screen SWIPE you finger on the bar to the RIGHT, and it unlocks."

Then you have in your hands one of the greatest ever mobile phones.
abelljms
Please use plain text.
Contributor

i have now posted the real solution
abelljms
Please use plain text.
topaz0

I can't believe it, I've returned one phone, read all the manual from front to back incase I missed something, spending ages on line trying to see if its was me or the phone. Felt like throwing in the towel banging my head against the wall in frustration and going back to my old phone. Thankfully I just read your post to discover it was that easy!!!!!
Can't thank you enough, if only they put that in the manual FFS!!!
Please use plain text.
C301

My phone has a version of 07.51..

Still the problem of unlocking exists, I have to swipe the green sliding icon 5 to 6 times then it  unlock.

The problem start as the warrenty over & updated new software. I also write the feedback through Nokia suite. But stil there is no reply till date.

Nitin
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

[ Edited ]

Not a solution but a workaround. When this occurs do not attempt repeatedly to open it. Let the screen to go in sleep mode & then open it. It will then open.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
C301

I reinstalled phone software 03 times but still the issue of unlocking exists.

Touchpad is wake up very slowly, worst experience ever with Nokia. Better with Samsung.

Nitin
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
redwanshv

Re: C3-01 Touch and Type Keypad Lock/Unlock & Touch Issue,,

I have Nokia c3-01

Brought from Bangladesh. When I brought after 3 months it gives the Touch problem. Nokia centre fixed it. Again after 2 months same Touch problem, Nokia centre gave solution by changing motherboard. After 2/3 months same Touch problem my warranty was end.

I changed Touch pad by my own cost. Now after 5 months same Touch problem is started. Difficult to unlock key pad & where I touch it shown other place.

Dear, Now I need a complete solution, can u give me this? I never suffer like this problem from when I use Nokia device. Nokia is my faviourite & first device but now I m suffering with C3-01 from beginning.

REDWANSHV
Please use plain text.