Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C3-01 camera not working please help.

mrsaya

C3-01 camera not working please help.

I have a C3-01, its been over two months but suddenly two days ago the camera stopped working, its like if i press the camera button it opens in 5-10sec and then theres an error "operaton failed" and camera goes on standby. I cant update my phone software because the Ovi suite does not show any update for the phone, please help what should i do

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
samdev

Re: C3-01 camera not working please help.

same problem here...i already got the phone replaced once coz i had got problem with the USB port of the phone...now the camera is not working...this phone is a disappointment

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Even if an update is not available try reinstalling the firmware. But do back up all ur data before u do it
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
paul05

I have exactly the same problem. Reinstalling done but still 'operation failed' message when I push the camera button. Does anybody know the reason?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Gingerbread

Have you fell your phone or entered by water?

If that is not the case, try to restore factory setting. Dial *#7370* after that try re- installing your FW, if still the problem is there. Go to your nearest Nokia Care Center.

To HELP others to the extent of my ability expecting NO EXCHANGE or RETURN.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
paul05

Thanks for your help. Have tried to do that but seems you are right - need to go to service.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
1234lenci

C3 operation failed camera on standby

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ellyza

My C5 does the same and i have restored ma 4n bt nothng seems workng
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sim_Bert

I have the exact same problem as the threatstarter with my Nokia C3-01 and it is quite frustrating.

I tried to reinstal the software but that didn't solve the problem. The strange thing is that the camera sometimes works for a few seconds, sometimes without any problem and I can take pictures, and sometimes it works not at all and the error screen appears immediately.

Maybe someone has some ideas. 

Anyway I will go to NOKIA service, maybe they can do something...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
skerries

I cant actually find the camera icon on the home page Am i being thick or what Can anyone point me in the right direction I should point out that I've only had the phone 24hrs and it is my 1st phone thats touch too!!

Please use plain text.