Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C3-01 terrible search contacts name

tabache1

C3-01 terrible search contacts name

[ Edited ]

Is possible to search in all words in the first and last name fields ?

Now it search only in last or first name depending on how it is ordered the contacts list (from the Options menu).

Example, if i have 2 contacts:

Mark Oye
Oliver Stone

And I type the letter "O" in the search Engine, it found only "
Oliver Stone"!! :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rubus_86

search is terrible not only in contact. In the music library, too!

for example I have song "The Salmon Dance". Upon request "Salmon" result is "0"

Please use plain text.
tabache1

nice choice of track. :smileywink: Chemical rulez

however, this thing is really ugly. Sometimes I can not find the numbers! Strange that nobody talks about it.

Please use plain text.
Chalky17

I agree losing the ability to search for a string in either first or last name is a massive retrograde step. It was available in the last Nokia I had. Could the tech guys please sort out ASAP 

Please use plain text.
mmijic

I have just moved from C5-00 to C3-01. I find it very complicated to find certain contacts. I'm using this phone for bussiness purposes, so most of my contacts are named like first and/or last name + company that person works for or reversed. It doesn't matter on C5-00 how I save contact, I could always find it by entering any part of name, but 2 days after switching to C3-01 I'm starting to freaking out. Basicaly contact list is unsuable because I need to know how my contact is saved in order to find it. On C5-00 was another great feature for contact search, while in home screen if I want to find contact named "Mario" I can simply enter 62746 numbers and the phone will display all contacts results which have letters assigned to this numbers in entered order. So it will return results mario, napin, margo, obrin...

Nokia! Please fix this. Contact list isn't used only to store friends and famly members numbers. Right now it's UNUSABLE!!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

The Nokia C3-01 does not support the Smart Dialling feature while the C5-00 does (as it is a Series60 phone, not a Series40 like the C3-01). Unfortunately, nothing can be done about this.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
mmijic

OK. You are right about smart dial feature. But what about contact or any other search? Why does it search only by first name if sorted by first then last name, and by last name if sorted last then first. Why it can't do both at the same time? Meanwhile I've solved my problem by selling brand new C3-01 and bought used but great E6-00.

Please use plain text.