Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C3 wifi problem (connect to wlan but internet ...

Contributor
kira6662000
Accepted Solution

C3 wifi problem (connect to wlan but internet not work)

Hi!

I bought mi Nokia C3 last week.

I dont have "internet plan" from my operator, so I must use only wifi (in my house) when I need enter to OVI store.

The problem is: the phone detect the wlan and I can connect to it, but when I try to enter to OVI store, (for example)... Connecction Fail...

In the "log" register (in OVI Store Menu) says:

20:46:45.084 ENTERING RUNLEVEL 5

20:46:45.096 Suite:start

20:45.097 platform:NokiaC3-00/03.35

20:46:45.047: locale: es-ES

20:46:45217: Version urrent:4.5.1

previous:4.5.1

20:46:45.348: Handler starting

20:46:46.849 r2I=0

20:46.877: Starting core

20:46:46.879: keys:null

20:46:46.902: test connection

please, any idea? any help?

comments are welcomed (sorry for my english, I am from Spain).

thanks!

Please use plain text.
QuaResMa7

Re: C3 wifi problem (connect to wlan but internet not work)

Hello!
 I've just bought my new C3 today, and i think i have the sampe problem. The phone connects to my WLAN network, but when i want to use the internet, it doesn't work... i can't use any online stuff like Opera Mini or Ovi or anyother, the reason which is named by the phone is "licence promblem, pls set the time on the device" but the time is good in the router and the telephone too... but i can't use wifi now, and i'm very angry, because i bought this because the wifi-using... pls help (i'm from Hungary, i bought it from T-Mobile)

Please use plain text.
Professor
JudaZ

[ Edited ]

I would suggest to upgrade the firmware of your router.

Also make sure that not only the time is correct in both phone and router, but also the timezone and date/year

also what type of encryption is used on the wlan?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kira6662000

Hi!

My router has no new firmware available, and the date/hour is correct in both.

I´t s very frustating, I cant use my wifi and this is the principal reason to buy this model :smileysad:

please, any suggestion?

Please use plain text.
QuaResMa7

i don't use encryptions, because we have a huge garden, and noone could stole my WLAN, and i live in a small town and here are noone who wants to use my wifi:smileyvery-happy: the timezone is the same on the router and the phone, i've checked it before. I've updated the firmware of the router, the newest was 2010.04.24. i installed it, but it still doesn't work... when i check the available WLANs in the WLAN menu it finds my home-network, and it connects to it succsesfully, but if i want to use it with Opera Mini, it can't connect... should i download the newest software for C3:confused:it's a new model so i've thought that this is the newest software)

Please use plain text.
QuaResMa7

hm then i think it's a serial problem and isn't only mine. . .

Please use plain text.
Professor

If you can connect to the WiFi but the applications don't seem to use Wifi even if WiFi is conencted then have you read this thread: /t5/Cseries/nokia-c3-wlan/td-p/711188 there are few solutions which seems to be working for some people.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kira6662000

Hi, I tried all the solutions from the post "c3 wlan", but none worked for me.

Yesterday I talked with nokia service and they said my phone is defective... :smileysad:

... I dont know, I think is just a configuration problem, but, what can I do?

Monday I will return the phone, I got a new one in 2 weeks aprox.

Another question, does function the hard reset code on C3? I tried *#7370#  but... not work.

Hughs!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jmurface

Please tell us how will you know if your c3 is defective...???
Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Hi All,

The latest information i have that in couple of weeks new sw version 4.45 for the C3 phone will be available. Of course this time is  estimated time and also it can change from country to country.

You can also try on your phone device updating if any new phone sw available.

I hope your WLAN issue will disappear after updating.

Br

Mahayv.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kira6662000

Hi!

The Customer Care tell me that probably my phone was defective. Im not quite sure about that, I think is a configuration problem and technical service dont know how to solve it.

I hope that the future firmware fix all problems and made the internet via wifi connection more easy and simple.

This morning I have return the phone via mail, in about two weeks I must received the new one.

Hugs!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
thakurlokesh

I was facing the same problem. But I solved it by switching access point from 1 to 2.

Settings> connectivity> Packet Data> Packet Data Settings > active access point

Choose 2 or 3 or 4 etc.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Hi,

Please check this link, it will help you.

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Cseries/The-C3-Two-problems/td-p/775126

Br

Mahayv

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anurag1111

[ Edited ]

help me too if you get the solution on ************* thank you

MODERATOR'S NOTE

Email address has been removed from this post as it is unwise to post such personal information in a public web forum. This is for your personal safety and privacy.

Kind Regards.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jam060392

Re: C3 wifi problem

[ Edited ]

could somebody can help me? i had this C3. and i used to connect it to wlan. and i cannot access wi-fi. It only appears " NETWORK CANNOT BE USED TO ACCESS INTERNET. CONNECT ANYWAY?" We have this wireless router in house and we used it. but why is it my c3 cannot connect. Help please?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sarat

Re: C3 wifi problem

restore ua settings and start browsing internet

while ua gng to browse it will ask cofirmation weather u want to use wifi or gprs select wifi

u need to confirm that every tym guys try this

Please use plain text.
Elewin

I bought mi Nokia C3 3 days ago...same problem connect to wlan but internet not work, I've  updating sw, but i've not solved..now my c3 phone is on care center ç_ç

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yeeshu

Go to Menu –> Settings –> Configuration –> Personal Settings –> Options –> Add New then create a new account called My Web. And ACTIVATE it.

Also Check :

1. Menu –> Settings –> Connectivity –> WLAN –> Internet Connection it should be ‘Ask First’.
  2. 2. Menu –> Internet –> Web Settings –> Configuration Setting it should be set toConfiguration : Personal Config. And Account : My Web

Now try to connect and every time it will ask you to choose between connection to connect to the network and you can save your GPRS Bill by using Wi-Fi connectivity at home and at Hot Spots.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gerbilkml

This is the answer everyone, it worked a treat for me, thank you Yeeshu for posting this.

Nokia I am disappointed that you have not found a solution to this, which is obviously a software problem, how can it ask how you want to connect during email retrieval, but then ignores the wifi and connects to gprs to do anything else. Also Nokia site says latest software release for Nokia C3-00 is 07.20, why are we in the UK still lumbered with version 04.60, surely this bug has to have No 1 priority in the next software update.

Thank you again Yeeshu, you're the man.

Please use plain text.
meia_1511

hi. Got my nokia c3 just now and I am experiencing WLAN connection problems. The unit practically restarts everytime I try to connect to WLAN. I've tried the suggestions above but it did not work. Does anyone experinces the same thing?

Please use plain text.