Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C5-00 General:System Error

Registered Member
dilish69
Accepted Solution

C5-00 General:System Error

I get General:smileyfrustrated:ystem Error when i'm trying to delete broken images...What can i do to fix this? Please help

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
karan9delhi

Re: C5-00 General:System Error

i have similar problem , reinstalled software twice but no use...i belive nokia is just hopeless....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

buddy just hard reset ur phone ...press *#7370# on the ideal screen ..then enter ur lock code..the default lock code is 12345 ...it will hard reset ur phone and the problem will be solved...
Please use plain text.
ger55

hard reset does not fix the problem
Please use plain text.
Professor
JudaZ

After you did a hard reset with *#7370#  did you restore a previous backup?

If you did I would suggest that you do another factory reset with *#7370#  then after that restore your backup again, but don't restore devices settings. This could be the cause of the problem.

Also, these broken images.. are they stored on a memory card, or in the device memory?

Please use plain text.
ger55

yes i restored the backup. i'll try it without the device settings.
the broken images are on the memory card and the phone memory, even if i take the card out they are still in the phone memory. they don't show if i go menu/applications/office/filemanager/memorycard or phone memory
Please use plain text.
Professor
JudaZ

Try and reset the phone with a three finger reset instead, that might help.

(First do a backup of course)

Turn of the phone and remove the battery for up to 10 minutes.

Put the battery back into the phone.

Press the following three buttons at the same time:

* + 3 + 'Green call button'

Start the phone with the power button, but keep pressing the three buttons.

When you get the Nokia Logo screen (or a request for a PIN code depending on your setup)

you can release the three buttons.

If the phone has been reset you should get the option to set region, time and date again.

Please use plain text.
ger55

I backed up everything using Nokia Suite, then I formated the memory card and did a reset with *#7370#, restored the backup with Nokia Suite and hey presto, it's all working normally again. i took photos and deleted them and no broken images are left. Thanks to everyone who posted on this subject.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
malik_aamir

i am having the problem like general system error when i delete the files which are not pictures files and are showing at gallery images & photos

what should i do

please reply me soon

thanks

malik aamir

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dins_surya

hai i am also have a same problem

but now i will retified that one...

follow these steps

*#7370# type on ideal screen......

automaticaly restart ur phone when u click yes option...

then phone memory files are deleted here including system error file

thanks for help

buddyyyyyyyyyy

Please use plain text.