Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C5-00 dead while updating firmware in ovi suit...

arpaheni
Accepted Solution

C5-00 dead while updating firmware in ovi suite

Hi, I work with a Nokia C5-00 operator locked (Movistar Spain) one month ago. When I connect it thru Ovi Suite (in a Windows 7 box), a firmware update was available, and yesterday I tried to do the upgrade.

Ovi Suite detected my phone, and a few moments later, backup its contents, and started to download the new firmware.

Troubles came when Ovi Suite began to do the update, as it failed with a "Network Connect Error" when started to do the process.

Screen of my phone went completely white, and after disconnecting the USB cable, the phone simply died, except when I press the red button (it makes a vibration, but screen doesn't turn on). If I reconnect the phone to the computer, Windows try to install a "Nokia USB ROM" device, but unsuccessfully.

Any advice? Can I make a sort of "reset" to revive my phone?

Is this error covered by my warranty?

Regards

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Re: C5-00 dead while updating firmware in ovi suite

Its covered by warranty, but to fix it you may have to do a hard reset which will delete everything in the phone. This is likely the same procedure they will first try in a care center.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
phoenixzurc

i have the same problem...i gave to nokia care to handle the problem... after 1 week... sad to say its for pick up... dead..... there is no solution... because they dont know the problem...

Please use plain text.
josinjo

I have the same problem...I gave my phone for Flashing..but my phone didnt start when i press red button....then i went to nokia care..they told that there is no latest software available for this C5-00 phone model..whenever that software is available..then only they will flash....there is no hardware problem in phone as told by nokia care people
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sonny_08

even i got the same problem they telling me to change flash IC
Please use plain text.
Advisor
phoenixzurc

i've waited for a solution and i took the chance for the last time and yesterday it happened my phone is now ok... there is a solution on local cellphone technician... tnx to....

Please use plain text.