Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C5-03 After updating, the Offline navigation d...

zygy

C5-03 After updating, the Offline navigation does not work.

I have nokia C5-03. I was silly and updated the software and the maps. Till the updating method everything works fine. After updating, the gps navigation does not work in offline mode (in online mode works fine). When I switch to offline mode (with only built gps, ofcourse without A-gps) -the c5-03 can find the gps coordinates quickly in my house, so the hardwer works absolutely fine - and try to give a target in car driving mode, c5-03 tells me that from this place there is no road available with car. In pedestrian mode the situation is the same, only the message is a little different. I tried to delete the cities dir, and rebuild and reload all from nokia suite with PC, but no changes, Offline navigation does not work. I rebuild the new software again, but without success. Is there anybody who can help me? Perhaps, how to down-grade to the previous working fw?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: C5-03 After updating, the Offline navigation does not work.

Seems something wrong with the latest update..as you are not the only one to report this as mentioned here . Have already reported the issue higher-up. Hope to get a quick bug fix from Nokia ..

Please use plain text.
zygy

I did not find this topic before. Yes, it is useful for me. Now, i know, i am not alone with this bug. I think, I have to use the online mode, till nokia solve this.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cooldon

I too having the same issue with my Nokia C5-03. Waiting for the bug fix from nokia.
Please use plain text.
Dicky_65

Same here, after updating maps my Nokia 500 does not navigate offline.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Temporary measures to overcome the issue (till Nokia fixes the problem) mentioned in THIS thread ..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mokiamaddog

Me too. I lost the offline navigation ability after upgraded the software.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
a1103458

Nokia answer:  Nokia Symbian Maps 3.06 and map data version 0.2.47.103

Please see below for a statement concerning the offline navigation problem with Maps 3.06 after updating to the latest map data 0.2.47.103:

Nokia has released a new map data release for the Symbian and WP7 Location Based Applications (Nokia Maps 3.06 – 3.09, Nokia Drive for WP7) on 21st December 2012 (map data version no. is 0.2.47.103). Unfortunately, due to a problem with the Maps 3.06 application on Symbian, the offline routing and navigation functionality, which is a key feature of our offering, were not working any more with the new map data. This lead to the fact that customers using Nokia Maps 3.06 could no longer use the offline navigation capability, but only online navigation and routing. The reason for this problem was that Maps 3.06 uses some different components in the application (so called “middleware”) than the other application versions.

We have taken action now on this and disabled the map data release 0.2.47.103 for the users using Nokia Maps 3.06. Customers using this Nokia Maps release will get map data release 0.2.46.103 instead for the time being. If you have been affected by this problem, please erase all map data from your device by removing the folder “cities” and a file called “qf”, usually located on the mass memory of your device, then start the Maps application once on your device and download the map data again via the On-device Map Loader (select Update from the Maps main menu) or via Nokia Suite.

At the same time, we are now working on a solution for this problem and aim to release an update of the map data already during January 2013. We will inform you via this thread in the Nokia Discussion Forum once the update has been deployed. You can also check regularly for map data updates via the On-device Map Loader in the Maps application or via Nokia Suite.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
oorwullie

tried all that now have no maps on device and when i try to download it stats and then dissconects with message saying error has occured and to try again

Please use plain text.
Contributor
oorwullie

in relation to my above post does anyone know how i can get my maps back   Download in nokia suite stops halfway all the time.Thats assuming it connects to maps which most of the time it wont. It tells me to connect phone which is allready done or to insert memory card which is allready in the phone

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@oorwullie

Nothing to stop you directly downloading map file and decompressing .zip into (16) folders 0 - 9 and a - f and placing in E:\cities\diskcache.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
questysenthil

Is the problem resolved now? will i be able to use offline navigation if i update my software and map? I have refrained from updating for past 8 months for the fear of losing offline navigation!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

questysenthil - The problem mentioned in the Original post has been resolved long ago. In fact, there is another updated (v00.02.50.103) released during the last week but since no user has reported anything adverse yet, it can be safely said that you may go ahead and update your device ..

Please use plain text.