Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C5-03 wifi error/problem

Registered Member
bilawalbashir

C5-03 wifi error/problem

i bought a C5-03 last week,its already running the latest firmware 024.I can connect to wifi hotspots and networks correctly but when i start browsing the error :invalid server name" appears and bam no internet.I have hard reset my phone 3 times but no use.Also the router and the settings work fine with my other devices.i have already turned of the power saving mode too still the error presists.

Please help me as my faith in nokia is fading rapidly.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
haadiya

i am having the same problem.... were you able to solve it? please help me out. ty

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kanna_1991

i too have the same problem.....some one help me
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kiran1683

Guys, even I faced same problem, when I purchased C5-03. But  I found a solution for this.

Assign the ip address and gateway address manually in ur phone and don't edit any other settings or DNS address. Hope this will be helpful. Currently I'm using this solution. which works prefectly.

Kiran

Please use plain text.
jprocks_123

i also faceing same problem .. i just update new virsion ..but still facing same problem .. please some one help me... now its not sawing invalid server,,,can any one tell me when can i set defalt setting on   my nokia c5-03 . 

please replay on this topic...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
daxserver

Hi Kiran,

How did you assign the ip address and gateway address manually?
Can you explain?

I get connected to the WiFi access point but I don't get Internet!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Hello daxserver, go to settings->connectivity->settings->destinations->options->new destination->assign a name then then select the New destination that you have created then in that select options->new access point then If it asks to check for any access point then select No. Then select WLAN then its name then select the mode then security mode then the password. Then after this select the WLAN and then in it select options and then advanced settings then IPv4 settings then in that enter the ip address before that enter the proxy server address and proxy port number. These numbers and the password will be provided by the WLAN bearer. Hope this helps you. Try and reply.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
daxserver

Hello ajaydavidson,
I am Srihari.

I have followed instructions of setting IPv4 addresses but the problem didn't solve.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Ok. But this is the procedure to create a new access point. After following the procedure, what problem did you face?
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Contributor
playerss

These numbers and the password will be provided by the WLAN bearer. Hope this helps you. Try and reply.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
qazaq123

try to check your router setting. No problems with wifi on 023 firmware, in my case.
Please use plain text.
Benjamin_Dalli

I had the same problem and I think I found the solution.

Go to the menu, Settings, Connectivity, Destinations and then Internet.  You might find one of the access points with a tick next to it.  Press and hold until a bar comes up.  Press delete.  If another tick appears next to an access point, delete all the access points.  Don't worry, you can select an access point when you use a wifi-connection and then select "always ask".

Hope it helps!

bilawalbashir wrote:

i bought a C5-03 last week,its already running the latest firmware 024.I can connect to wifi hotspots and networks correctly but when i start browsing the error :invalid server name" appears and bam no internet.I have hard reset my phone 3 times but no use.Also the router and the settings work fine with my other devices.i have already turned of the power saving mode too still the error presists.

Please help me as my faith in nokia is fading rapidly.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
badrirajroyal

try to connect near u
UTSTARCOM wi-fi spot it's always free to surf....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
daxserver

hello,

i followed all the instructions step by step

my problem is now fixed thanks a lot

Please use plain text.
Ayesha12

i have tried everything mentioned here...but still i am facing the same problem...i was able to connect using the same netwrk since  2 months...but since past 2-3 days though the networks are available but i am not able to acess the internet using the known networks...whenevr i try browsing it displays that there is a connection error...i am facing this problem only in c5-03..i am able to connect to the net using the same network and access point  in e51 but i am not able to acess the internet in my nokia c5-03 through any network...even though the networks are known and the security key is also not changed...someone please help me out...i will be really thankful...i m 

ajaydavidson wrote:
Hello daxserver, go to settings->connectivity->settings->destinations->options->new destination->assign a name then then select the New destination that you have created then in that select options->new access point then If it asks to check for any access point then select No. Then select WLAN then its name then select the mode then security mode then the password. Then after this select the WLAN and then in it select options and then advanced settings then IPv4 settings then in that enter the ip address before that enter the proxy server address and proxy port number. These numbers and the password will be provided by the WLAN bearer. Hope this helps you. Try and reply.

ajaydavidson wrote:

fed up of this problem n now i m losing my faith in nokia...plese please please help me...

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Hey bilawalbashir, Welcome to the forums!

Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) error "Invalid server name" may occur for various reasons, for example because of mismatching WLAN settings between the mobile device and the WLAN network.

To fix the problem, you can try the following:

1. Check that your device has SIM card properly inserted and that the device is not in the offline mode. When in offline mode, the device has limited WLAN functionality and may not find e.g. the hidden WLAN networks.
  2. Check that you are under the coverage of the WLAN network. Enable 'Show WLAN availability' in the Wireless LAN settings of the device. When this setting is enabled, you should be able to see an indication when a WLAN network is available. You can also use the Connection mgr. or WLAN tool in your device to check which WLAN networks your device is currently seeing. 
  3. Check that the WLAN access point is properly configured in the connectivity settings of your device and that the WLAN security settings match with the settings of your WLAN network. The WLAN networks are typically configured with some sort of security enabled (WEP, 802.1x, WPA/WPA2) and it is important that the corresponding security settings are defined in your mobile device.
  4. If you have other devices already successfully connecting through WLAN, check and compare that the same WLAN security settings are used in your mobile device.
  5. Check that the correct access point is used when trying to connect to WLAN. Go to the web browser settings and select the WLAN access point or destination which has been defined in your device. Try to connect to a web site and check with the Connection mgr. tool if the WLAN connection becomes active.
  6. If your device is using destinations (groups of access points) instead of single access points in the connectivity settings, check that the WLAN access point is at the top of the list in the destination settings (otherwise the device may try to connect through an access point which is higher up in the priority list). 
  7. If you are not able to connect to WLAN even though the WLAN settings are properly configured, reset the WLAN access point (WLAN router) to default (factory) settings and begin defining the wireless network again so that there are no security features, no hidden ssid, no mac filtering, etc. This way you can troubleshoot at which point the gateway error appears.
  8. Disable Bluetooth connectivity in your device while being connected to WLAN. Bluetooth and WLAN operate on the same frequency range and may interfere with each other.
  9. Restore(reset) your mobile device back to original (factory) settings. You can do this from general settings of your device. Please see more detailed instructions from your device user guide. Note: It is recommended to backup the device before resetting it.
  10. Check that your WLAN network is configured to deliver IP address automatically via DHCP to the connected devices. The mobile devices are by default configured for automatic IP and DNS address retrieval from DHCP server. This is the default mode in most WLAN environments but if using fixed IP addresses, you need to configure the addresses manually in the advanced level settings of your phone (phone IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, DNS addresses).
  11. Check that there are free IP addresses in the address pool of your WLAN DHCP server. If there are other devices already connected to your WLAN (e.g. PCs), all the available IP addresses may already be reserved and the phone doesn't get an IP address allocated. Add more IP addresses in your DHCP server settings or release an IP address from another WLAN connected device. Note that switching off the device doesn't yet release the IP address, you should release the address manually (e.g with "ipconfig /release" command in Windows PC) or wait for the IP address lease to expire (which can typically take a few hours).
  12. Check that your WLAN environment is not configured to filter the access based on the device MAC address. If using MAC based filtering, the MAC address of your mobile device must be added in the filter list. The WLAN MAC address of your phone can be checked by typing command *#62209526#.
  13. Check if there are software updates available for your WLAN router and install the latest software.
  14. Try setting up different channels in your WLAN router, especially if there are other WLAN networks in the neighborhood with overlapping channels.
  15. Disable WLAN power saving mode in the phone settings if there's any mismatch in the phone and WLAN router power saving features (use this only as a temporary workaround because it will increase the battery consumption).
  16. With some WLAN routers disabling the QoS (Quality of Service) service may help.

I hope this has helped and that you get your device operating smoothly again

Sheldrick

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
asyadav

i also followed instruction but after connected to access point when i start web browsing it shows connection failed . Help

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
manishc503

[ Edited ]

in my connection mgr i get the status of internet connection as active for one second and the other second it becomes inactive

plz help asap

Please use plain text.
ArifAli007

in my c5 03 model, i was accessing wifi network of my college(unsecured) for the last 2 months. since 2-3 days when now i connect, it is giving message "WLAN: WLAN connection already active. Close it & try again."

No connection is shown active in my phone, then why it is displaying such a message. Also no internet connection is developing.

What shuld i do ???? Plz help me out !!!

Regards

Arif Ali

Please use plain text.