Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C5 Contacts file format

Advisor
mmzs77

C5 Contacts file format

Hi,

I intend to buy Nokia C5 and previously I was used Nokia 6120 Classic.  I have copied my contacts in Memory Card, which is saved in VCF format.

Please tell me the followings :

-  Contacts file format of C5 ?

-  How I can move my contacts from Memory card to new C5 Cell Phone ?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Professor

Re: C5 Contacts file format

C5 will import VCF format contacts. Copy them to the new C5s memory card in \Other\Contacts\

Then in the C5 contacts application you can select Create Backup -> Memory card to Phone to add those contacts to your C5.

The other thing you can do is, when you first power up your C5 it will ask you if you want to copy over your old phone's information, if you answer yes then the C5 will try to pull as much as possible off your old phone using Bluetooth. If you are lucky it will pull off SMS/MMS and other stuff.

You can also backup your 6120 using Ovi Suite and that will also try to restore as much of your old stuff as possible.

Please use plain text.