Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C5. How to disable USB charging?

MariusK

C5. How to disable USB charging?

I have Nokia c5 and i dont prefer USB chraging every time i connect my phone to the PC… does anyone know how to disable USB charging? Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: C5. How to disable USB charging?

cant be done buddy

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mrecka

Dear NOKIA SUPPORT!

PLEASE, take care to include "Enable/Disable charge over USB" menu option

in next Nokia C5-00Firmware, if it is possible.

Than You.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
_Mef_

I would like to know WHY exactly does it bother you?!

It doesn't hurt the battery since we're way past the times of batteries having significant "capacity memory effect", so what's your problem? Draining too much energy from a laptop?

Did it help? Then hit the green Kudos Star button on the left.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mrecka

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

and?

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mrecka

I think is best solution to ask user for charging from USB.

Please use plain text.
forthegame

I'll tell you, to you and to all people that don't try to answer and see the things only from their side of experience. Here's my case: I'm on the road with my laptop and my Nokia C5-03  ..I have Internet on my phone, coonect it through USB cable to my laptop and use Internet from my laptop. BUT I don't want my phone to suck the battery of my laptop, 'cause I need my laptop on the road as long as possible.

Now satisfied?!?!

If yo don't have an answer to a question, simply don't bother to respond at all.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
no1_slumko

If you're worried about your lap top battery then you have a point but the phones battery can take a whole lot. I have charged my N82 overnight. Every single night for the last 2-3 years and I'm still on the same battery. I would describe my phone usage as moderate to heavy so it will last up to a day and a half at the most.
Show your appreciation. Hit that kudos button real hard
Please use plain text.
forthegame

I don't worry about the laptop battery but want to use my laptop as slong as I'm on the road, say 4-5 hours. And not only this. When I'm somewhere without electrification I have to save the power of my laptop, so I don't want my phone to charge from the laptop's battery. I just want everywhere I go, to use Internet from my phone , but to surf from my laptop and I want to surf as long as possible. That's all.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Well just in case u have a travel charger/car charger with u when u r on the move, plug it in when possible. It'll take over the charging from USB port. This will conserve the laptop battery. (told to me so by a Nokia customer care call centre person for my C3-01)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Use Joikuspot for your phone instead of USB cable. Also, using internet on your phone can bring down its battery very fast. With no charging, a 5800 for example will last only about 4hrs continuous 3G internet use tethered to a laptop (5800 doesnt charge off USB). So you dont want your laptop to run out of battery but its ok for your phone to do so? I think its supposed to be the other way around.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
forthegame

Thank you, guys, for the advices  ..I'll check this JoikuSpot thingie out, even though I think only delivering Internet (one operation) is less consuming instead of delivering Internet and be a WiFi hot spot (two operations). And yes, in my case I prefer to have a working laptop for 1-2 hours, even without Internet and discharged phone, 'cause after that I go to work and I can charge my phone there.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Hmm, maybe your laptop has a problem with the battery? My laptop can go on for over two hours charging a phone through which is set to wifi hotspot at Balanced battery profile, about two and a half hours.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
diogoz

[ Edited ]

mrecka wrote:

Dear NOKIA SUPPORT!

PLEASE, take care to include "Enable/Disable charge over USB" menu option

in next Nokia C5-00Firmware, if it is possible.

Than You.

I must second that, having found out the hard way that li-ion batteries do suffer from memory effect, specially when charging with battery still close to max (and this can´t be helped if we cannot disable usb charging and must connect to laptop). I´ve experienced this with 2 different phones, but more dramatically with my C5-03: i noticed a decrease in the bat autonomy after the first time i used the usb cable, and the second time it could only last 6-7 hours from 100% to total shut down. Being only 3 weeks old i sent it to nokia, and after 3 repairs (!!!) - they just couldn´t accept that the problem was with the battery, and prefered instead to change everything else including the charging circuit - they had to substitute my phone.

Anyway, why shouldn´t the user have the abbility to decide whether or not he wants to charge the bat while connecting to pc?

Please use plain text.