Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C6-01 Hangs and restart

ale70

C6-01 Hangs and restart

Hello to all,

First of all sorry for my poor english, I buy nokia C6-01 to give as gift to my wife for christmas. Many times the C6-01 phone hangs and after automatically restart.

This happens in different situation as for example: writing sms; navigate using ovi store or simple changing desktop view.

Please help Us.

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ma5thew

I have to confirm this issue. I have bought two exactly same C6-01 phones , only one is freezing and restarting ocasionaly (depending on actions, even 5-times in a half an hour). The phones were originated by central european firmware (slovak, czech, polish, hungarian and english language, language set 012.006.03.01). Firmware version 012.006. Mostly it does when I am trying to go to Ovi maps weather and it doesn't have active internet connection established. If I click Ovi maps and immediately on weather icon without waiting for internet connection to establish, phone usualy freeze and restarts itselft afterwards. But not only there, it happens anywhere in system, if phone should perform any action like opening app or open virtual keyboard to enter text or closing app for example.

I have tried to reinstal firmware and nokia ovi suite has put west european language set 012.006.01.01 instead, so I can not choose slovak anymore, and there is no central european (03.01) language set anywhere yet. Moreever, it did not help either, nor did restoring factory settings with erasing all data. I could only use this luxury because the phone is new and clear anyway.

Please let me know what to do or how to fix the problem. I think the phone is great and I am willing to fight for it.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

you should either return the devices back to point of purchase or a nokia care center

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ma5thew

Thanks for advice, theese options are obvious, so I will tell you what's wrong with them. I went to nokia care center and they told me, that this phone is not yet supported in my country (czech and slovak rep.) so they do not have any software for this phone. About the seller, phones were bought from online store so this was a long shot as I had to give up phone for 30 days and the result is not guaranteed anyway. But it runs out as only option so I did it and I'm waiting now.
Please use plain text.
ale70

Hi to all,
I'm came back. I'm very frustrated, I think this is  my last nokia mobile 
phone.
I followed your suggestion to bring the C6-01 to nokia care center.
Nokia support kept my mobile phone for a month (from 10 jan to 7 feb). 
They said the problem was solved, but when I opened the mobile phone I discover that  the problem is not solved.
I spoken with nokia employer he said that it is a software problem, then he suggested to wait for a new firmware.
Then I've installed the new firmware but the problem is not solved.
If you have any idea please help me.
Thank in advance

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

you need to return it and demand its fixed under warranty

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cj_samuel

Hi All, 

Problem is not  Hardware exactly...... Generally Symbain OS Over reacts  Actually.  There is No Option of returning to the vendor as of now. Just leave with it for its life. 

Thanks & Regards
Jack
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Pri77tam11

Hi,frnd now i am using nokia 5800,but i want to buy c6..plz tel me,...c6 is better or not comp.with 5800..bz 5800 hav'nt hanging prob..so plz giv advice
Please use plain text.
jorgezahr

Hi all,

I have this same problem with my C6-01: the phone suddenly hangs and restart. Sometimes this happens when operating the phone, but sometimes it just happens with the phone just laying on the desktop... Cannot see any pattern of operation.

It seems more frequent while using the FM radio but, as said, also happens randomly in other situations.

An interesting thing is that upon restarting, the pin number is not asked.

I've bought the phone from Orange in Spain, and I have it now sent for repair under guarantee (Orange didn't just replaced the phone, because more than 7 days from purchase; in fact, it was 12 days after purchase when I reported the problem, but they still refused to replace, very frustrating!!).

I'll report back when receiving my phone again.

Jorge

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ma5thew

I have picked my phone back from
guarantee repair yesterday and it
looks all right for now. No freezing
and restarting at all.
From reseller I got a note which said
they change board 84S and phone
got new IMEI. So lucky end for me I
hope and if you have same trouble
go for guarantee fix. This perfect
phone is definitely worth it and
deserves it. Good luck
Please use plain text.
jorgezahr

Ma5thew, I'm glad it was happy end for you. In my case, still waiting for my phone from repair service under warranty (2 weeks now)

Cheers,

Jorge

Please use plain text.
ale70

first of all hello to everybody,

As per ma5thew I have picked my mobile phone yeasterday, and also in my case the board has been changed and phone got  a new IMEI.

It seem that the phone works very wel, but I've spent to much time (from 26 of december) to solve my problem.

As per italian sentence "Tutto è bene quello che finisce bene !!!"

Ciao to everybody

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pipaani

I also had the problem of hang and restart. but it is solved by updating firmware which is available in nokia sofware update. Symbian Anna fixed the problem......
Please use plain text.
pramod2323

all,
i had purchase on 14-10-11 .I have this same problem with my C6-01: the
phone suddenly hangs and restart.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
punit_kumar13

he.. i'am facing the same problem you had.. can you tell me cost of repaire..after gureentee period has expired

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

[ Edited ]

Repair cost will depend on the result of the assessment. It is best to discuss this with the repair facility.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Segun_sanmi

Hi folks, I started experiencing the problem sunday night (11th). At first I thought it was a virus since i've uninstalled my antivirus. I downloaded another but couldn't find a virus. That's why I came to the forum. Hopefully, a solution will be gotten in God time. lol
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ajayc601

My C6-01 works smoothly. It rarely hangs. I would suggest uninstalling unnecessary applications. I have as much as 10 external apps installed in my device. Install external apps/softwares always in Memorycard, which would help free up your C: Drive space. Avoid if possible, multitasking of diff apps at a same time. If your device hangs, wait for sometime to respond and go back. Hope it will cure your issue.
Please use plain text.