Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C6.01: how to disable time-out for backlight?

Counsellor
meegja
Accepted Solution

C6.01: how to disable time-out for backlight?

Having the C6.01 for over a week now and like it a lot.

What I don't like though is the fact that there is no option to disable time-out backlight. At least, it doesn't seem to be there?

I can set a maximum time for the backlight for the ridiculous short time of 60 seconds and that is really not handy at all when using a map for example where you want to see things in a glance.

Thanx in advance!

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

Re: C6.01: how to disable time-out for backlight?

In maps program settings there is an option for the backlight overriding the setting you mentioned . With maps you want have problems . is there any other reason you want the backlight on ???

Except from harming the environment ??:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
meegja

Ah ok, I found it , thanx!! :smileyhappy:

But that's only for standard Ovi maps. No where an option to disable time-out for backlight all together?

And yes, reason is that like most of us I like to see in a glance what is going on. After all, it's a smart phone where I want to see things and not having to tab or click something to turn the backlight on. For example, when using the Layar AR appplication. Works great but very irritating that the backlight goes away after 60 seconds. Due to that the application (which works great itself) lost useability a lot.

And if I was worried for the environement, I wouldn't have bought a phone like this in the first place where the making of the phone itself is harmfull enough :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

maybe there is an app for this thing but I suggest you do not do that . your battery will drain too fast . you'll get hardly 18 hours standby time . this not quite a mobile phone don't you think ??? anyway its up to you to use it pleases you

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
meegja

Will look for that then.

I am aware of the draining but I would only turn off the time-out when needed.

Thanx for answers!

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

[ Edited ]

you could also demand this feature from symbian community . E-mail them and ask for this feature so they include it to some later fw update .

I also forgot to mention that AMOLED screens consume no power when displayng black color (only black not near black colors) . So you can use a black theme-wallpaper to extend battery life while the backlight is on

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
meegja

By change I had it allready on black theme :smileyhappy:

Did look for apps for this and there are a lot around, so can use that.

Seems that because these apps are there, the need for a default disable option in phone OS would be a logical one :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.