Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C6 Memory Full

Registered Member
rajuro

In fact I searched the whole market and Nokia stores C6 not in supply

Please use plain text.
S_Anideos

kelsonlks wrote:

i experienced this too, below is the steps i solve this problem.

1. switch off and switch on the phone again.

2. in the idle mode, use the dialer, key in *#7370#, this will perform a soft format.

3. key in security code, default would be 12345.

4. the phone's screen will be blank for a few minutes and restart.

5. all data will be cleared during this process, don't remove the battery during the process.

6. after the phone restart, you can use your phone again.

p/s: I don't think you can perform backup before the soft format since the phone will froze after few second switched on. so just perform the soft format after switched on.

I want to try it but i'm afraid, because I'm thinking of returning it back to shop i purchased it to chane it with another C6! Will this format cause any problem to my phone? Will the old thing return? Is it going to be as it was before the format?

Please use plain text.
S_Anideos

Oh! Yeah! It's working... but it is too slow... but this doesn't matter!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Anarky_andy2006

Sorry for saying this but nokia fu**ed it up whit this phone. There is nothing good about the c6-01. I have been a dedicated user of nokia phones (3100, N-gage, 6100 series, N97 , E6) for the last 12 years. I needed this phone for work and personal life. I have made a BIG mistake.

There is nothing I can do to get my money back so my problem is:

1.  If you make such a bad phone, AND YOU KNOW IT'S BAD (you probably tested it before release), why did you put it on the market ?

2. If you want to deliver quality in a touchscreen phone, WHY oh WHY did you use symbian.

Sorry nokia but you became the worst phone manufacturer ever. And to thing I defended you're mistakes through the years.

Hope you think about this mistake and i hope you will not repeat it whit other phones.

sincerely yours,

Andy

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
FemmyA

That was a good one except that the CAUTION note should be added that THE PHONE MUST OR SHOULD BE BACKED UP before performing the reset codes. I did it and it worked on my Nokia C6 but I lost all my info. thanks I backed my phone three months ago and that was the best fall back I had!:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
poor_C6_user

Really i feel CHEATED by nokia after using this phone.. Its like wastage of 13K.. The only factor which helps Nokia to retain its customer is reliability of its phone.. C6 can be called as "opposite" of reliable.. There can be no problem in world which C6 does not have.. Less battery backup, frequent hang, irritating error messages popping continuously, memory full messages even when a single application is open, menu becoming blank suddenly.. The list is unending.. Name a problem, and C6 already has it.. Was waiting for a year to buy C6.. But now i feel like complete idiot to buy it...I wish Nokia feels pity for its poor C6 users and find some way of fixing all these problems..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
martijncdewit

good (or bad) to see that i'am not the only one with this problem i think that the store you purchased your nokia c6 should take him back and give you you money back even with abbo.

i think that when you buy a smartphone it should work like one and not only see error bla bla bla

and keep on restarting your phone that is not a smartphone but a enoying pice of **bleep**

( i'm returning mu c6 in two day's hope the store understands my problem hope they had a c6 them self)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
martijncdewit

this is not a rare issue i search it on google and on more forum's people are complaning plus the update made it al worse not better

(sorry for bad englis

Please use plain text.
sneakfreak

My C6 turned a year old a few weeks ago, and I have much more pleasant experience using this. Lengthy startup is ok, considering it's half the speed compared to other smartphone brands out there. The only let downs I've felt were the short battery life (which might be caused by the TFT screen), and the weight is a little heavier compared to other handsets.

Regarding program manager, App Stop is available via Nokia Store (f. Ovi Store), as well as Immediate Reset app. You might want to update device software as the recent updates improved the look and service too.

Thought i should've waited for C7 or C6-01 since they got more batt life & more RAM, but no slidedown keyboard which i liked about C6. If this phone could only get an upgrade RAM option, things will be better, and oh, they could also release more useful apps in the Store; which Nokia IS truly lacking. This will be the last Nokia device i would buy, unless they come up with something to rival competing brands.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aakashtahlan

Hey there!,

I did follow the steps provided, and it's useful, but not as exected. This phone is very slow, with 2G pack, it fails to support 3 internet windows, or browser and ovi client application to gather, i feel Nokia have to provide quick solution to this.

Regards,

Aakash

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tapsmandi

hello i have this same problem and now my music player wont even work it says general system arror how do i fix this
Please use plain text.
ajiteshkumar001

the below option dosent work. I get a response 'end all active connections' and I am back to the dialer page. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
closesomeapp

is problem of "memory full" warning n be solved if we reset soft huh? N i wanna knw abt "already in use" warning too...
Please use plain text.
Limpnoki

I reckon you are a nokia employee in disguise.
I am working for a company which is tier 2 supplier to nokia, on december 31 2012 they are going to lock out due to nokia's poor performance.

Wake up dude.your comment shows that your in wrong direction which will lead you to wrong products. Dont compromise with nokia.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ntnchaudhary

i have a c6-00 from past 2 yr

and in last 1 yr not once have i seen a

"Memory Full" msg on my cell

just flash your cell with a custom rom

its similar to jailbreaking in apple and rooting in android

plz just google these term

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
neechu

thank u very much...:thumbsup:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shylu

I have a nokia c6 mobile phone and before more than 2 month I give my phone to nokia care but still I have no solution  actually my phone is hanging down every day and also  photo memory full show every time and surprised there is no photo even in my gallery  they are showing memory full and hang  and also a lot of time they hang.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Thoufu

Thanks very much .. 

when i switch on my C6 mobile its blank cant do 

anything , wot 2 do ??

Please use plain text.