Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C7-00 Locking / Unlocking touchscreen during a...

Contributor
Pinifarina

C7-00 Locking / Unlocking touchscreen during a call

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

Every time i end a call, i can see the phone is allways doing something else, like browsing the web, or opening the gps aplication.

Last but not list, for several times and unexpectedly i hold the call, or i end it by mistake.

I'm sure this happens because i keep telling it to do it (with my face touching the screen, during the calls!!!)

The phone have those 3 physical buttons on the bottom, (the red one, the green one and the menu one) and lets face it, those are the same 3 buttons existing in all nokia non-touchscreen phones).

So, two questions:

a) With those 3 buttons, why do i need the touch screen during a call??

b) Is there any option or aplication or trick to automatically lock the screen on the moment i start a call (incoming or outgoing) and unlock it when i end the call?

Btw, desperate for new firmware here!

Many thanks!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Pinifarina

Re: C7-00 Locking / Unlocking touchscreen during a call

I found out this is an issue due to the Proximity Sensor

Apparently this sensor (placed just to the left of the frontal cam) turns off (and lock) the screen if it detects something (normaly our ear) within 8-10 mm during a call, like it is said in this post:

/t5/Nseries-and-S60-Smartphones/n8-proximity-sensor-threshold/m-p/774348

So, the problem is only a matter of calibrate the on/off distance of the sensor.

Everybody is saying 10 mm its just to low.

I easily move away my phone more than 1 cm from my ear during a call.

At least 35 mm is required.

I hope Nokia do something on this, like increase the distance or add a menu option for each user to calibrate the distance it self.

Like i said, desperate for new firmware here!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
amade

I've exactly the same problem. If this couldn't I be resolved by Nokia I'll send it back.

With this bug the phone is useless!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
_Lexxy_

i've had my C7 2 weeks now & this has driven me mad today! i've put nearly every call on hold, ended up dialling someone else mid-call, turning the speaker on/off - crazy. don't know what i'm doing different today but i've nearly thrown the darn thing out the window...!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sstiles

I've had the same thing with the hold button.  It would be nice if you could have a setting where the touch screen wasn't active at all during a call unless the loudspeaker was on or a headset plugged in.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Kelster

For Goodness sake Nokia sort this OUT!!!

It's an absolute pain in the backside, putting people on hold, finding myself deep within the

settings and changing them with my cheek whilst unaware.

Otherwise great phone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gilliangarratt

did you havew any luck - I am fed up with my phone cutting off really important calls - any solutions - such a stupoid basic design fault - think will take mine back

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gilliangarratt

The thing is, its not really a phone when it cuts you off or you have to creep about holding it away from your face - ridiculous - I see now why the saleman suggested I buy a £5 sim for my old lovely sensible Nokia - never had any problems becaus eit worked as a PHONE

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
g_anjan

if the sensor is a nuisance during calls, go to 'settings' and switch it off

Please use plain text.
Professor
babis3g

if you press button and phone do something else then you will need to reinstall the firmware again via pc

about calls there is not option to lock while you calling out but the disign of the c7 (one good reason i choose it) but very easily with your thumb you can lock it from the sude key for now

receirving incoming calls usally phone locks after (if is locked from before but again can use same way for incoming calls too

i find this way very helpfull
i am going busses shops etc and i always use this option if a long call and is 100% safer

hope you find it usefull
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ashwin27980

i hav recently installed belle is in my nokia c7..thou its very bud comparing the prev..i m facing a problem..during call my screen get's lock..that's gud..but now i m not able to activate loudspeaker nor able to see nos of those unknown people calling...is there any way to unlock screen during active call..plz suggest solution to this...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Hello ashwin27980, you may use the slide button to unlock the screen or try to reinstall the belle firmware and check if the problem is solved or not. Further if anyone is facing problems like cutting the call using their chin, they may try an app called slide to answer. Using this you will have to slide your finger on the screen to end a call or answer a call.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Try this app... Its called MrAlshahawy call guard 1.2.
Call Guard prevents accidental disconnects and mutes during a phone call, by covering 'End Call', 'Mute' buttons with a semi-transparent cover. If you want to use 'End Call', 'Mute' or 'Task-bar' buttons, simply swipe over the semi-transparent cover to remove it. And with another simple swipe you can get the cover back. Call Guard automatically covers 'End Call', 'Mute' & 'Task-bar' buttons when you make / receive a call. Compatible with S^3 / Anna / Belle Smart Phones.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.