Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C7: After Belle-Update Security Code has chang...

Advisor
Legostein

C7: After Belle-Update Security Code has changed

Hi,

after updating to Belle the phone wants me to enter the security code on every start up. But: the code I used with Anna is no longer valid (I am absolutely sure I did  not enter a wrong code) and "12345" does not work either.

This looks like a bug in Belle because after entering some digits at random the phone tells me "wrong code" but starts working.

Are there any solutions available?

Please use plain text.
Employee
4Cu2

Re: C7: After Belle-Update Security Code has changed

is the security code usage forced by device management policy (e.g. if you use some company email/calendar sync), or have you just enabled the security lock feature in your phone "manually"?

I'm working at Nokia, but all my posts represent my own views and these should not be mixed up with Official NOKIA statements.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Legostein

I enabled the security lock feature manually. Until now the code was only requiered after changing the SIM-card.

Btw: There are already similar posts of users who upgraded to Belle in other forums. It ist always the same story. The phone now demands on every start up  the security code, tells you "your" code ist wrong but  works after all properly. After having switched on the device  five times you get the info the phone is now blocked for five minutes but even in this case it works properly right away. I already reinstalled Belle a second time but this was not helpful at all.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sarasherra

the same thing happened to me. i just had the belle update installed and it asked for the security code, i entered 12345, it said incorrect, yet it worked anyway.

i just hope this doesn't get me locked out one day!

does belle have a specific security code? 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Legostein

Hi,

I just read on the Belle FAQ website the following posting:

After the update to Nokia Belle, my phone asks me to enter new security code. I do this and get an error message stating "code error". What should I do?

Please try again a few times. There are very rare cases in which the phone incorrectly asks for new a security code but does not accept the entered code. In that situation the problem vanishes by entering any code until the phone stops asking for it. After this, the code you had entered before the update works again normally.

Seems we have to be patient.

Please use plain text.
Chance108

[ Edited ]

Hi

The problem has started occuring for me too. And i dint have any security code prevous to the update nor did i add any after the update. I guess we'll have to wait for the solution . BTW mine is a nokia C6-01 mode. Pls update this thread if you guys hear anything about this.

Thanks

-C

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
igor99be

HI,

Same issue here. I updated my Nokia C7 to Belle yesterday and it now asks me for a security code each time after entering my pincode on startup. I can type everything I want, phone replies that code is wrong but functions normally afterwards.

I have never set any security code since I have the phone...

Please advice on how to get rid of this security-code request each time after logon ! If I read forums on the Internet a lot of users have this issue after upgrading to Belle but there doesn't seem to be a proper solution yet.

Kind Regards,

Igor.

Please use plain text.
liquidfear15

This problem still hasn't been fixed! I did not set the code manually but now Belle is requiring a code when I open my phone and 12345 doesn't work! Has anybody found out how to stop this?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bluealfa

I have the same problem , and security code isn't accepted any more.

i need it to reset my mobile

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
papid

i also had the same problem after installing belle
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bhar

Even Nokia doesn't know the solution of this problem??????????

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
igor99be

Hi,

I just installed the new software update which came available today (or yesterday) and the issue is gone on my Nokia C7. I don't have to enter the security code anymore.

Regards,

Igor.

Please use plain text.
blinkygotback

So Igor, what update? as i am on the latest update and still the problem! 

nokia help!!

thanks

Please use plain text.
Z4Roadsterman

I recently updated my 700 and have exactly the same issue
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Have you tried the suggestion of Legostein? If still the same, try to check if there is an update for your device - this should fix the issue. If no progress at all, then its time to check with Nokia Care Point in your area.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Danabal

Hi Legostein,

After Belle-Update Security Code "12345" has been changed to "0000" Try this :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
NeuroticWriter

bro i just figured out...
after waiting for a little time...may be 2-5 mins...ur old security code will work..
just done mine chk urself..:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.