Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C7 automatic lock / light comes on

Contributor
BuffaloPhil

C7 automatic lock / light comes on

Hope someone can help, my C7 has started automatically locking and unlocking itself, and occasionally automatically switching on the light on the back; there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason behind it and it's very annoying, especially when it locks whilst I'm in the middle of doing something, or unlocks whilst in my pocket which usually ends up with me phoning someone without realising it!

Sometimes it goes absolutely nuts and will lock/unlock itself continually with less than a second between each event!

Has anyone else encountered anything similar, or have any tips to sort it out?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Have you enabled the automatic screen lock option? If So, disable it and reboot your phone and check whether it auto locks. If it does not and you want the feature on, turn it on again and check if it auto locks as it should. Post your results once you check it.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BuffaloPhil

There doesn't seem to be an option to disable the auto screen lock, I can set it between 1 minute and 30 minutes but can't disable it.

In general it works after the set time (whatever it's set to) but sometimes it just goes mad and locks and unlocks itself at random, and occasionally switches the light on, this doesn't seem to be affected at all by what the timer option is set to.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

I totally misjudged that. It doesn't have the option to disable screen auto lock. Have you turned on the standby breathing light? If so, try turning it on or off and observe your mobile for a day. If that also doesn't work, try a factory reset of your mobile.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BuffaloPhil

Thanks, I've tried turning the breathing light off (I don't even know what that is!!) so I'll see how that goes. It seems to have calmed down now, anyway, so if it starts doing it again I'll try a factory reset.

Many thanks for your help, blitzkid, hopefully it'll be fine from here-on in!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

I'm glad I was able to help you... Keep posting about the status of your problem. If its completely solved, I'll be really glad. Cheers!
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BuffaloPhil

So... for the last six months this seems to have been fine, but recently it's started happening again with a vengeance! As soon as I switch the phone on, it starts locking and unlocking itself immediately, with virtually no time between each change, to the point that the only way to stop it is to remove the battery. I've managed to get it still long enough to try the factory reset but that hasn't helped at all. At the moment the phone is completely unusable, hopefully someone can help!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nightsky

I am facing exACTLY THE SAME problem.

Is there a way out????

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jonpaule

Turning off Power Saving mode worked on mine.

Please use plain text.
neha1855

hi.. i am facing the same problem where my nokia c7 locks unlocks repeatedly on its own.. sometimes switching on the flashlight..

plz help.. i have hard reset it 4-5 times.. but its of no use... any suggestions??

Please use plain text.
Professor
hpholm

Hi @neha1855 , it's probably a mechanical issue with the lock-unlock slide button. A phone this old will have collected dirt and dust ... The C7 is relatively easy to take apart and clean, if you have the tools and skills. :smileywink:

--

Hans

Please use plain text.
neha1855

thanks hans... will try it out!

Please use plain text.