Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C7 - camera problems

hgbear

C7 - camera problems

Besides from the fact that I consider a camera on a smartphone to be useless without the ability to produce macro shots (i.e. to copy documents), I am very disappointed by the picture quality of the camera of my C7.

The picture I attached shows the result of a shot picturing a white wall; from left to right the color changes from light green to pink to light blue.

I first recognized these artificial colors the camera of my C7 produces on shots of a white winter landscape.

I posted that flaw together with the same picture as below in another forum, and got reply from several posters who described experiencing the same result when taking pictures of a white object.

What's wrong here? Is that may be a flaw concerning the design of the camera of the C7?? 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jayzteroid

Have you tried cleaning the lense?
Mine has finger prints on it very often.

Lumia 1020, N9, 808 PureView, Windows 7 Pro 64bit
Vote NO to Nokia - MS -deal.
Please use plain text.
nicolette84

Dear Hgbear,

I, too experience the same.. It is really upsetting when u though u bought a good phone.But mine was not only on white winter landscape but other object too..is so obivous  (Pink and yellow) patches. I send my phone back to customer service and was given to them over 2 weeks! Clearly told to the customer serivce they could take the time unti the phone is in tip top condition.. But it turn out wrongly, I though they have rectify the problem for the camera but it turn out the same! They said is like this as they cannot see the what's the problem.. I am really frustrated!! I guess these ppl are colour blind!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

I've noticed that too but the fact is that it does not bother me. I find C7's camera satisfying (at least outdoors). The HD video is also excellent.

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
CAMARA_problem

I am having problem with nokia c7 camera.
am not geeting good quality of 8mp.

every picture have some redish colour.

what is solution.

am really fedup with it.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
av8rboi

yeah you are right. I just noticed that problem. White backgrounds are appearing slightly pinkinsh. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

...but least this makes the photos look nicer...

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

set sharpness to soft and set contrast to 40%.........works for me!

'In God we trust; all others bring data!"
Please use plain text.
cpshinoj

I am also having same issue. Some part of the picture is coming with a color patches. I am attaching a sample picture, actually all chairs are in same color but surprisingly in the image taken from my C7 it’s showing huge difference in color.  I am also facing a purple tint issue in the display and contacted NCC several .They chenged my display 4 times because of the puprple tint issue  but purple tint is still there and now the idiots are saying "purple tint is a special effect of C7 !!!!!!!"  ( dear nokia please kill me  :smileyvery-happy:) . And also changed my camera this picture is taken after reapiring by NCC (No commetns)

In my experience C7 is a worst mobile I have ever seen.

Actually C7 is a combination of defective parts

Some of defects are given below.

1)      Restarting  -  Mother Board

2)      Purple tint  -  Display

3)      Color patches - Camera

Nokia C7 Camera Problem

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bjcurmi

Do you have to set the sharpness to soft after shoting each photo? As settings are not saved
Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

The trick is following:
-> Open camera
--> choose scene --> User defined
---> there you can Modify or Select

At Modify  you select the right settings e.g. based on a favorite. Near the bottom you can set Sharpness.

Don't forget to enable the very  first option (use as standardscene).

Then that User defined scene mode will be used whenever you start the camera-application.

I type this from my head on a dutch C7 so some options might be called different. But their place is the same. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bjcurmi

Thanks for your reply

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
san3sixty

reedit after u finished takin a shoot...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
C7_NewUser

[ Edited ]

Hey Nokia , Hey Guys :smileyhappy: My C7 Have a Camera problem :smileysad: When i Need To USe The Camera it says :: unexpected error occurred. Please Restart The camera. If it Doesnt help , try restarting The Phone .                        i restarted the camera ? Doesnt help              Restart The Phone ? Doesnt help too pls any1 help me fast pls :smileyhappy:) Thank you 

Please use plain text.