Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C7 dead

Advisor
murry1970
Accepted Solution

C7 dead

Hi,

My C7 restarted 2 o 3 time every day. Yesterday at night, I put it to charge the batery and today I can't switch on it. :smileymad:
I have tried to leave the battery from the C7 a few minutes but it don't works. I can't switch on it in spite of the batery is charged.
Also, I have tried to switch on it meanwhile it's switched to the charger but it don't works
Could you help me please
Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Re: C7 dead

Try this , it should work with the C7, you'll need to set it up again, but better than having a 'brick', if no luck you may need a Nokia Care Point !

/t5/Nseries-and-S60-Smartphones/How-To-Hard-Reset-N8/m-p/772128

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
murry1970

The reset pressing Volume down + camera button + menu and then power button don't work on my C7. I read the post in this Link and then I think I must go to a Nokia point.

I'm very dissapointed. My C7 is completly dead. It don't do nothing.

Thanks for four attention carman58

bye

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

there are too many dead C7's around :smileymad:

its about 6 months after its debout and there is still problem . is it so difficult to make changes to manufacturing prosses so the latest phones to trouble free ? is there really any quality control or quality assurance team working to improve the C7's currently produced ???

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

Vangelis290189 wrote:

there are too many dead C7's around :smileymad:

its about 6 months after its debout and there is still problem . is it so difficult to make changes to manufacturing prosses so the latest phones to trouble free ? is there really any quality control or quality assurance team working to improve the C7's currently produced ???

Is your C7 dead? Sorry to hear.

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

No mine is not dead . To be specific mine is near dead . It powers on but it randomly crashes applications or restarts . I do not trust my C7 it may crash even when browsing the settings or in menu . The crashes are totally random . Untill now it has crashed at almost every menu-app . Too many problems with the C7's I wish I could get my money back to buy an HTC or iPhone
Please use plain text.
Professor
JudaZ

[ Edited ]

First try a new SIM card in your phone, alternatively use your phone without a memorycard or SIM card for a whole day...if it does not crash then .. .contact your operator to get a new SIM card.

otherwise use your warranty...   its there for a reason ..

If you buy a new car and it does not work correctly, do you continue to drive it and complain in forums , or do you contact the dealer or a repair shop?

I can bet you all manufacturers have products that simply does not work of the line, no matter all the checking

I know for sure HTC and iPhone have some issues at times.   it's how the world works, and why warranty's is in place to protect the customers.    ..I would say its a surprisingly small number of C7-00 that have any issue at all.

"...somehow some people think its a major issue just because they find a forum thread with 100 posts , mostly made by 5 people in total...for a product sold in millions."  - Me

Please use plain text.
Advisor
murry1970

I agree with you, Vangelis290189. I prefer an HTC or an Iphone too.
I have had a lot of restarts. It worked slowly, and finaly it dies. I think that C7 have memory problems or worst, maybe main board. Too many people with problems.
In addition, Nokia care don't answer my issues by mail. I send a mail 5 days ago.
I'm very dissapointed.

Please use plain text.
Professor
JudaZ

[ Edited ]

The C7 does NOT have any memory issue. 

just because you might have one device that is defective does not mean that all C7's have a defective mainboard or memory issues.   Not even if 100 people get this issue is it something that proves that the whole line is experiencing issues... people who got a working phone hardly post that on forums now do they.  And I assure you the Nokia sold more then  100 phones in Europe

Not to defend iPhone and Apple, since its basically a pretty brick for kids..... but they got a lot of grief over their antenna issue.   in real life it was less then 1 percent that had the issue ....that is actually pretty good for a product you push out and sell millions of.  

HTC have had their share of problems as well ... on a limited number of devices, same as Nokia.

Please don't assume your problem is something everyone is experiencing. It sucks for you, of course, and my sympathy goes out to you, but use your warranties ..

All things created by man can have a problem or two

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

There is no worst fault than random crash . You can't explain the technitian why and when its happening . He makes his own test (for about 5mins or less ) and it may not crash in this time . So you get it back from nokia care and another crash is there to remind you that you bought a useless phone . In the most cases the main board is doing the job but the technitian doesn't replace it if the phone has not crashed to his own test (not a real life test). I have also gone to nokia care once . they said its working fine (because they reinstalled the fw) . After 10 mins I got it back it crashed again , then again , then again !!! At this time my phone is for the 2nd time to nokia care and I'm pretty sure they wont replace the main board and the story goes on . . .
Please use plain text.
Professor
JudaZ

And did the phone crash before or after you put in your memorycard or SIM card?

Sometimes its an old program installed on the memorycard, installed on another phone...that the new phone then tries to install automatically when it scans the memorycard

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

no I don't use a memory card . and it crashes with or without sim card :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

my c7 also restarts sometimes but over heating is big trouble for me
'In God we trust; all others bring data!"
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

donofworld wrote:
my c7 also restarts sometimes but over heating is big trouble for me

Some heating during use is expected, and this may vary according to the type of use and the local environment, though if you feel that the device is heating excessively you should have it checked by a Nokia Care point just to be on the safe side.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
murry1970

Finally, Nokia Care have changed the mainboard.

Now, my C7 works fast and well. In five days I didn't have any problem and any restart.

I thought that maybe the problem will be my SIM, becouse I have readed a lot about this in forums, but I was mistaken.

I'm a happy man now. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

the same from me here. A main board replacement makes no crashes/restarts . This time its made in Finland !!!

But the purple tint is still here

Please use plain text.
Advisor
superhus

your lucky.  i had the same exact problem. nokia care in 2 different countries telling me it was the board. but they refused to replace it or return the money saying it was my fault. and this was after 29 days of use.  i wasnt even using the phone.  i went to use the phone, it was frozen. did what i had to do. but noooo.

but congrats on your replacement

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

don't leave it like this . Contact Nokia directly aned tell them your problem . they will instruct the NCC to replace the board . At least that worked for me

Please use plain text.
Advisor
superhus

i did contact them. honestly, i went on a rampage cause i was so furious. i posted all over their website here, and on their nokia page on facebook and i create a page on facebook just about this issue.. they tell me to email them, but give me the wrong email. but anyway, as mad as i was, i had the dead c7 sold to one of my cousins friends for the screen. so im out most of the money, and w/o a phone.. the phone died in late march 2011, and i only received the phone 29 days earlier and now we're in june 2011. nice turn around. and even if i didnt have the phone sold, im sure they're gonna give me the run around again, and there goes another one or two months, and probably to the point where the warranty is no longer valid. what a horrible experience. for the time i had it, it was the best phone i ever owned. and there goes all my daughters videos and pics.  im so disappointed, i thought i'd get better treatment and faster results. and i dont think nokia is gonna give me a free phone for the experience i was put thru. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
waruikaijin

had the same problem with my C7, brought it to NCC...left it there for 2 days and they informed me that the problem is with the motherboard, they couldn't replace it since the motherboard is coroded then they voided the warranty just because of that???

I don't have any idea how did the corrosion took place. There weren't any situations that i left this phone on a hot or cold environment that would trigger a moisture. I followed each and every instructions on the user guide on how to take care of this unit since i love this phone.

It's like cheating customers, instead of replacing parts, they void the warranty itself so that the company doesn't have any loss of revenue that goes for the replacement parts. You will lose a lot of customer if this keeps on going. This is the worst experience that I've ever had with Nokia and this phone is still hanging and restarting with a coroded motherboard with a voided warranty. This is so unfair!

I hope your executives reads this post and doesn't leave this unnoticed. I won't stop until they read my posts, voiding a warranty and blaming the problem on a loyal customer that followed the user guide and took care of this phone won't take you nowhere. 

Please use plain text.