Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C7 firmware update to 013.016

Advisor
Ovidius

C7 firmware update to 013.016

Does anyone know - maybe someone unofficial from Nokia - what the firmware 013.016 brings? I have just installed it on my Nokia C7 which has had a hard reset before and I don't see any enhancement.

Following BIG BUGS are still there:

1. Ovi Store could not be installed so I am not able to install any other aplication

2. Social Networks cannot be installed

3. Whenever I am (re)starting my phone, the lock code is requested and 12345 is not working. After I input any code, an error message saying "code error" is displayed and afterward phone is opened and works "normally" - VERY ANNOYING

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Where did you obtain this firmware?

Was it through the Nokia software update, ovi updater or the on device updater?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ovidius

Yes, I made through my device - Settings -> Phone -> Phone Management -> Device update ->  Options -> Check for updates

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Ok, must be brand new and exclusive to the on device updater at the moment. Thought you might have been using unofficial beta firmware.

I take it you couldn't install the ovi store before the update, after a hard reset by any chance?

If you search google there's guides for getting the ovi store back on an N8 and they should also apply to the C7. People have had mixed results getting it to work and some have had to visit nokia care points to get the store back.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ovidius

No, I couldn't install it also before the upgrade. I believe the last solution is to lose some time and to drive away to a Nokia Care Point. Unfortunately I do not feel very comfortable with such an idea but there is no other option.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zonglin

I just got my C7 updated too...

Well, I saw my Landscape Call Dialler (finally), still checking for more change though...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Anandkrishnan

is this update available in india?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Anandkrishnan

can you list out the new changes you could see in C7 update.?? i too have C7.very eger to know as i still dint get update.also when this update available in india?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rohanhardikar

I am in India.. I got this update today....I am still checking for the latest enhancements... i didnt check landscape dialer though.

Please someone from nokia confirm what are the enhancements in this update.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zonglin

[ Edited ]

Anandkrishnan wrote:

can you list out the new changes you could see in C7 update.?? i too have C7.very eger to know as i still dint get update.also when this update available in india?

Honestly, I don't see much changes. Other than landscape call dialer, there is some changes to landscape QWERTY keys, for e.g. you now have to tap the "shift" button (which is a up arrow) before you can tap "?"... which is so stupid. It make sense for some message to end with a "?", and now you have to tap an extra button before getting the "?". It used to be located conveniently without the need to tap "shift". Argh~

And no portrait QWERTY keyboard yet. Browser version is the same, so I doubt the speed increase any much.

Please use plain text.
Marre

Can't find it here in Finland, tried on the phone and via ovi suite

Please use plain text.
Sage
umairkhan

What i have noticed...

Quick office updated to 6.4.166 from 6.2

Call option now in LandScape mode too

Minor bug fixes...

Problem after update no more Land scape typing for Messaging????

If you like my post or think it was useful then please hit the star button. Thanks :-)
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rohanhardikar

ohter thing i noticed is when i unplug the charger... it shows me the below status 2 times.

"charging complete. unplug to save energy"

"charge unplug. unplug to save energy"

These two above info are coming 2 times.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ayport

there is an application i like on my c7 but it used to be frustratingly slow.after the update,its fast and sleek.2 seconds to load!i cant ask for more

Please use plain text.
Sage
umairkhan

[ Edited ]

No doubt C7 have been improved a bit in performance but im not sure why the QWERTY option eliminated in this firmware.

Please see for my post.

/t5/Cseries/Qwerty-Keyboard-Issue-on-C7-after-Update/m-p/913961

If you like my post or think it was useful then please hit the star button. Thanks :-)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Anandkrishnan

The new update for C7 fine (PR 1.1) but not pretty impressive.But still the bug "Search for WLAN" is not resolved.I am getting this bug even after update.This bug is not resloved properly.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Anandkrishnan

The orientation to landscape mode problem is fixed in new update for C7.but the Nokia team fogot to do one update.When phone is placed in landscape mode,the screen saver orientation is only in portrait  mode.It dont change to landscape mode.Nokia people are missing basic things.Also they have to provide orientation of the UI in all three direction as it is in Android.The new Nokia bubble application got all side rotation of screen.So we need same in UI also.

Please use plain text.
Max0n

In Russia we haven't noticed any update, although it was officially announced. Does anyone know what does it mean?

Please use plain text.
Prabhpandher

Changelog:
1. Web is updated from 7.2.7.3 to 7.2.8.10
2. QuickOffice is updated from 6.2.651 to 6.4.166
3. Adobe Reader LE is updated from 2.5.560 to 2.5.653
4. Landscape dialer
5. Minor improvement in overall performance and some bugs fixed
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Anandkrishnan

I got new FW update for C7 as 5.98 Mb.But actually update is 6.8Mb.What is the problem actually??

Also when i connect to ovi suite it shows one update.But when i try to install it say "Software version you are using is new than the update".what may be the update ??what is the actual problem

Please use plain text.