Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C7 keeps restarting

Counsellor
SnaxMuppet

C7 keeps restarting

I have a C7 and it is restarting on its own. It have only had the phone for 1 day and it has restarted about 10 times so far.

It always happens when I go in to Maps but it also restarts when it is just in the screensaver sitting on my desk.

I have tried a hard reset but it is still the same.

Should I send this phone back or should I just wait a while to see if a firmware/software update fixes it?

If I have to send it back so soon I will be really cheesed off.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
aehdee

I dont know if c7 has the same issues with c3, but try removing your memory card, (if you have), if not, update your firmware. if problem still persist, sent it in asap, if they cant fix your problem, ask for a replacement.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
1337INT13H

[ Edited ]

Hi SnaxMuppet.

Sorry to here about your problems. Hope someone on the C7 dev team will sort the OS bugs soon enough.

I was wondering if you'd had chance to use the phone before the issue started.

My question is somewhat a desperate one really! Upgraging from a 5800 Music Phone.

Can you tell me if this is a Music Phone & whether it indeed has Sterero Loudspeakers.. It's not listed as one in spec sheets neither on nokia or gsmarena etc,  neither on tech review sites either etc.. etc..

I ordered this phone today & won't have long to cancel it if It turns out not to be a Music phone with stereo speakers. I don't want to buy the wrong phone.

Thanks

regards

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't"

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kevh55

I can't  really help but mine is acting in a similar way. But before it re-starts it freezesfirst. It happened shortly after I received the Vodafone setup texts and is extremely annoying. I'm planning to contact Nokia and return it on monday as its totaly unuseable. I can't even get to reset it as it freezes seconds after switch on whatever I try to do. It can also take up to several hours before it will actually switch back on.

I have to say I have been happy with Nokia phones since the 90's but with my 5800 getting a fault recently, causing me to go for the C7 I'm seriously considering a tried and tested android device.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pohlipit

My phone also restarts sometimes. But not as frequent as others are reporting. And noticeably so when using Ovi Maps.

I guess there are a lot of Symbian^3 issues that still need to be sorted out. I hope a firmware update is coming soon because the hardware of the C7 is just gorgeous. Just S^3 is letting it down... at the moment.

P!

My Nokia history:
2110 => 6110 => 8110 => 6310 => 2300 => 2600 => 6070 => E71 => N97 Mini => E72 => C7 => E7 => E6 => 700
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hey guys

im also facing the same issues, im doing a re-install to check if things work, i removed all applications from mass storage and tried, but did not work, so trying to re-install...

I think nokia care centers should have a solution to this

rgds

HBp

Please use plain text.
Contributor

re-installing does not solve :-(

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SnaxMuppet

[ Edited ]

Actions taken so far:

1) Soft reset
2) Hard reset
3) Reload firmware via Ovi Suite

This lost me Ovi Maps, Ovi Store and Nokia Social and some widgets

Tried to get them back via the web site and the C7 is not listed as being compatible so I assume that the web site has not yet been updated for the C7.

Visited my local Nokia Care Centre. This was a branch of Carphone Warehouse and they were dfficult to say the least. The result was they recommended me return to the phone to Nokia.

Called Nokia support. They ran through what I have already done and then agreed that the phone was so new that my only option is to wait for the next firmware update!

So, I have paid nearly £400 for a phone that is not yet ready for the marketplace. It no longer restarts but I am left without Maps, Ovi Store and Nokia Social and some widgets.

I am very angry with Nokia. It looks like the N8 may have the same problem if you reinstall the firmware... and after all the delays with Nokia saying the wait was to ensure it was all 100% at launch.

If this is not resolved on the next firmware update (when ever that is - they couldn't tell me) then it is going back.

I am very angry... did I say that? Ah yes, sorry!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SnaxMuppet

C7 continues to restart so it is going back.

I contacted Nokia to request to return it for a refund. They had the cheek to say that I would not get my shipping refunded! In the UK the law is clear: if a supplier sells a faulty item then they must refund shipping. I argued and now they arerefunding shipping.

I will try an N8 and see if I have any more luck with that... it was a very close call for me to go for the C7 or N8 anyway!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kevh55

No luck with mine either. It hangs within several seconds of starting up then shuts down for a couple of hours before I can try again. Got my returns number from Mobile Phones Direct [aka Nokia shop] and will return recorded delivery tomorrow. Fortunately I spent no money and will cancel the vodafone contract.

Very disappointed as this phone looks the business. Have to say the Moto Defy looks like a good candidate, bigger screen and slightly smaller footprint, but as a Nokia/symbian guy I'll probably wait for the C6-01 as it does everything the C7 does just but no built in memory, slightly smaller screen and more than £100 cheaper even sim free.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SnaxMuppet

Kev, sorry to hear you are still having probs.

I got my RMA from Nokia and sent it off this afternoon so I will now have a 1-2 week wait to see if the next one works.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
radox

Haven't you been reading the topics that are all around the board? The entire C-series of Nokia is untested, unreliable, cheap **bleep** that Nokia must be ashamed of! At least 100 people (including me) have complained here about their C5s restarting and hanging at random! Same with C3, C6 and now the C7! I am still waiting for the refund for my C5. I now interimly use a E71 and it works perfectly, without any problems.

So, man, if you can afford it, buy an N8. I am sure that it will not have the problems of the absolutely low-quality C-series.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SnaxMuppet

I don't think you can compare the other C series phones with the C7... they are radically different.

It is much more like the N8 than any of the other C series phones. It certainly isn't low quality as you claim. The N8 is having similar problems to those I had with my C7 so even the N8 isn't immune.

I don't think your rather emotive opinion is helpful... sorry.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kevh55

I have to agree with Snax.... I don't believe there are as cheap and bad as you suggest, in fact the C7 appeared to be a very high quality device. I have a tendency to think the problem is with the software. I work in IS Project delivery for a global enterprise and it is always blatantly apparent which projects failed to engage appropriately with QA and carry out the necessary testing.

Maybe the rush to get these products to market to compete with the plethora of android devices has resulted in corners being cut. If so it's a shame, but I still have faith in Nokia and Symbian even after a particularly bad experience. 

One other minor point - this site does not recognise symbian in it's spellcheecker!!

Please use plain text.
storm_shado

hi......i agree wid u completely.bz ecntly i bought c6 which had made my life hell.nw that set is in nokia care indian head office.this c series is completely bogus
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SnaxMuppet

Sorry, but unless you have had a C7 you simply cannot make that statement. You cannot say that the C7 is the same as the C6... they are completely different build and quality and intended for different markets.

Please don't make sweeping statements like this when you haven't even got a C7.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Sutrauka1

I have same problems with C7 restarting and it was friezed more than 12 hours. Where should I call to send it  back Nokia or Carphaune Warehouse? 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SnaxMuppet

Go back o the place where you bought it.

Please use plain text.
Sutrauka1

I bought it on carphone warehouse website. I went to local store and the guy said me they don't have C7 yet :smileyvery-happy: and he can't help me :smileysurprised: and manager was on lunch brake. Tomorrow I will have more time. :smileyhappy:  or maybe its worth to wait for new firmware ? Would it help ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SnaxMuppet

Well, I have returned mine for a replacement. If that is the same then I will wait for the next firmware to see if it fixes it. If not then I will be returning it for a refund.

I suspect that there might be some faulty devices but I also think that some of the problems are software.

Please use plain text.