Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Cant send Messages and when i do a previous co...

Contributor
Kingkng16

Cant send Messages and when i do a previous conversation or message is sent instead.

I have a C7 and every time i go to compose a Message it tells me message feature not supported... And when I am able to finally send a message, a previous message will be sent to the recipient. For example, if i was too say 'Hi', something like this will come up "Im going to get my certificates", which is part of a text i sent months ago and no longer have on my phone. So when my friend got the message he was completely confused, so we tested by sending things like 'ABC', and he got a text talking about blackberrys. I've hard resseted and reinstalled belle, not sure what else to do... Any ideas, thanks.
Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

Re: Cant send Messages and when i do a previous conversation or message is sent instead.

I believe this can sometimes happen when you backup your phone and do a hard reset and then restore the backup.

You could try ensuring that your messages are not backed up or restored when doing a hard-reset.

Hope that helps
Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

Re: Cant send Messages and when i do a previous conversation or message is sent instead.

OR, if possible, perform a hard reset and start all over again without allowing any backups or restores. You could try that to see if it fixes the problem. If it does then you know that something is becoming corrupted by the restore process.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Kingkng16

Thanks for the reply, tried your solution, but didn't work.
Please use plain text.