Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Disable power save mode in Nokia C2 01

assoumy
Accepted Solution

Disable power save mode in Nokia C2 01

Hello,

How can I disable the power save mode in Nokia C2 01? I want the digital clock screen saver to appear all the time when I am not using the phone, but what currently happens is that few seconds after I stop using the keypad, the whole screen dims and the screensaver (having the digital clock) disappears as well.

This is so irritating to me, so, please help with that.

Thanks a lot in advance for your time.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Hi assoumy,

Welcome to the Nokia Discussion boards!

Have you tried to change the screen saver time-out in Menu > Settings > Display > Screen saver > Time-out.

If this does the not work, the alternative would have to be to press the power button when the phone is locked to view the time. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
assoumy

Thanks haZey for your response.

Well, the time-out has a max limit of 20 seconds and I've already set that to the max limit, but the issue still exists.

I understand that the only  way is to press a button now to see the screensaver (time), but this is not what I want :smileysad: I had a very basic earlier model and it didn't have that issue.

I am sure there should be a way, even hidden or via some changes in the firmware that can allow me to disable the automatic power-save. I can't believe this is a hopeless case, this is a very basic request.

Pleaseeeeeeeeeee help me, I might stop using that phone with all its other nice features just because of this issue.

Thanks for your time and support in advance.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

I'm afraid we cannot advise any firmware changes as this may harm or cause damage to the device. Then it may result to you taking your phone for flashing at a Care Point.

Apologies for the inconvenience, but the only option was stated in my previous post.

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
assoumy

Someone marked this post as 'solved' while it is not solved. My problem still exists.

Just thought of highlighting that for anyone who will read that post.

Obviously the issue is not avoidable.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
illus

I am having the same problem with my C2-01.

I don't want the screen going black all the time. 20 seconds is not long enough!

I always have Nokia phones.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
debroglie

Same problem with power saver. The question is why bother selecting a clock for stand-by mode if its life time is limited to 20 seconds? Nokia or somebody, please a solution

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
theivo

Same here. 

Can't find any particular function to do this. 

Prefer to see what's the time on screen, instead of black screen,
and one more point - when i'm calling - sceen also goes black (?!) sometimes we need to see with who talking, for example and i'm really not sure what will happen if i press any key for the lights :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.