2013-02-09 20:55 - edited 2013-02-09 21:05
The Nokia C5-00(.2) is an awesome phone but fortunately sometimes the software let's it down.
I have collected some firmware suggestions during the year I have been using it, don't know if Nokia software team will read this, but here it goes:
1. Change brightness using the volume buttons when not playing music or a shortkey to the setting
Why? Tedious to go through all those menu's when not seeing anything
2. Seperate volume and vibration setting for the alarm
Why? To not scare the hell out of myself in the morning
3. Call (green key) press in calculator means '='
Why? Easier calculations of course
4. Stacked messages (like SMS) for other messaging apps as well.
Why? Better notifications
5. Louder (call) speaker volume
Why? I can barely speak to people when there is a little background noise.
6. Background fix in the 'Active' theme.
Why? Since it gets sort of cropped and repasted in a weird way now
7. Make the 'Help' icon movable to a folder
Why? I don't need it in my home menu
8. Option to disable Camera shutter sound
Why? Why not? (privacy, so what you can disable this in almost any phone)
9. In music player: create option 'play next' and 'only play this file'.
Why? Easier usabillity
10. Maps: Show the calculated route on a map to check the route for any errors
Why? To not get stuck on a much too steep hill for example.
(Don't know if this will be possible)
1. Make a sort of message light using the keypad by creating an M shape by lighting keys: *7415369#
Why? Would be awesome
Do you have something to add too?
- Greetings from the Netherlands