Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to stop whatsapp from keep connecting to WiFi ...

Registered Member
xXghostXx

How to stop whatsapp from keep connecting to WiFi or GPS

i had recently installed whatsapp for nokia c6-01 since that time and my phone keep connecting to internet on WiFi and GPS when i disable one of them it reconnect to the other one I tried many think inluding whatsapp FAQ and not help anyway to stop it ????? please 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: How to stop whatsapp from keep connecting to WiFi or GPS

@xXghostXx

Unfortunately this is how it is currently set up upon Nokia devices as here:http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/nokia/20910578

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

Re: How to stop whatsapp from keep connecting to WiFi or GPS

WhatsApp requires a constant internet connection by design. If you do not want this you should exit the app.

Basically this would be the same as wondering why your phone is constantly connected to the cellular network. WhatsApp at it's core is more or less the internet equivalent of the cellular SMS service so it makes perfect sense it needs a permanent connection.

---

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.