Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Message Reader issue (on Belle)

Mobile Guru
phonehacker
Accepted Solution

Message Reader issue (on Belle)

Recently, I have noticed that Message Reader does not work on my C7 device. When I tap on it, the screen goes black for 3 seconds and then nothing - back to the menu.

However, when I go through Messages > Folders > Inbox and I long-tap on a message it gives me the option to listen to this SMS, and it works!

The problem was solved when the original settings were restored but... it did not last more that a day or two. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

/t5/Cseries/Message-reader-problems-after-Microsoft-Apps-installation/td-p/1379259

dont know much about the issue but this problem seems similar to the one that you r facing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

[ Edited ]

Not that helpful you know... Sorry.

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Advisor
maurocomiottone

Try to remove any mailbox from your mobile phone and the message reader will works again. This is weird but is the only way to have that feature back.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

I would prefer to have my mailboxes rather than a working message reader. However, I am impatiently waiting for a fix.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
maurocomiottone

Me too. I hope that some influent one in Nokia will hear our needs and take the appropiate steps to fix this issue.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

maurocomiottone wrote:

Try to remove any mailbox from your mobile phone and the message reader will works again. This is weird but is the only way to have that feature back.

That's a bit crazy but I have to admit that it works:smileyvery-happy: Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

Please foot mark this as solved. Because it cant be a solution since you no longer can setup your mailboxes if you want your message reader to work. So a fix is the necessity.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

I meant "please dont mark it as solved"!sorry for typo!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

[ Edited ]

This is not the best solution but it's still a solution and I felt like I was obliged to give an award to maurocomiottone. That's why I marked the thread as solved.

However, this doesn't mean that this issue has been forgotten now (see /t5/Cseries/Message-reader-problems-after-Microsoft-Apps-installation/td-p/1379259)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
maurocomiottone

We cannot consider my suggestion as a definitive solution for this issue. Nokia must give us a fix, because removing the mailbox is only a temporary solution. Our phones must come back as before the Microsoft Apps installation.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

Okay, I agree with you. Hope this will be fixed soon!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

and this has been fixed now thru the Nokia belle refresh update. The message reader works fine now.
Please use plain text.