Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Micro SD of 32gb in C3-00

noconocido

Micro SD of 32gb in C3-00

Why, if Nokia Asha 200 supports 32gb microsd having similar specifications that the nokia C3-00 it only supports up to 8GB

There is a possibility that this is corrected via firmware?

Please use plain text.
Professor
JudaZ

Re: Micro SD of 32gb in C3-00

everything is possible, but i think this is limitation in the hardware, aka the SD card reader in this case.

It has however happend that the memory card size limit have changed after an update .. from 16GB -> 32GB   but I doubt this will happen with Nokia C3-00.

Nokia Asha 200 is a brand new device and there is of cource diffrences in the hardware in more place then one compared to C3-00

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Yup! Nokia Asha being a newer device the hardware is going to be definitely better than the old C3. So the feature of SD card support is hence better in the new device. As for your question of enhancing card support, if the C3 card reader has native capability to read cards of higher storage capacity but was locked due to firmware limitations, then may be a firmware upgrade may enhance its capability. Other than that there's no possibility of increasing memory card support for the C3. I doubt that the C3 does have such built in capability to read higher memory cards. Of course, I could be wrong. This has to be confirmed by someone from Nokia.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

[ Edited ]
It has gone up to 16 GB as shown on Nokia Europe site. U can hope it may go up to 32 GB. That's because 8-32 GB are in the same range of SDHC cards.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
noconocido

I'm tempted to buy a microsd 16 or 32 gb to prove, there are three possibilities to freeze when exploring the microsd, which corrupt the files on the 8GB limit spending or outright not recognize the microsd, of anyway, I would be cheaper to buy a nokia that does have support for 32GB :smileyindifferent:

thanks for replying.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

I can give a suggestion... It may look silly but try it the good old way. If you have any friends who use a 16 or 32 gb memory card that's compatible with your phone, then back up the contents of the card and try it on in your mobile. If your phone works without any problem, then well and good. If it corrupts the memory card files or freezes then that put your speculation to rest. Of course, you should have a friend who's cooperative to do all this. Cheers mate! Hope you find someone.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Arajioni

In specifics , you can find that you can use 8gb card , becouse is the biggest card wich the phone could use without any problems. It`s very possible , that you can use 16 or 32gb , but there isnt no GUARANTEE , that the phone will perform that well.

Please use plain text.