I brought Nokia C3-00 on 5th feb and i had very difficulty time setting up M@ils. This Thread is specially for those who had brought C3 and using Airtel (India) GPRS FRE Pack (which came along with it).
Whenever you try configuring Emails, you will get "Communication error, Try again later", First you need to resolve this, for that follow the below steps:
1. Delete all Mobile Office Settings and Reset your Phone (Factory Reset)
2. Remove Airtel Sim Card and Insert TATA Docomo Sim Card (Yes, please buy a Docomo Prepaid Sim Card, its very cheap)
3. After You insert Sim (make sure you have Rs.10 atleast), Activate GPRS in Docomo, Press *141# then Select Option "4" for GPRS Daily Pack (Rs. 5)
4. You will Receive Dive-In and Docomo-Internet Settings, Accept, Save and make it Default.
5. Restart your Phone.
6. Open Mail from Mainmenu
7. you should now be able to sign-in to Ovi, gmail, yahoo... "!!Yes" Communication Error has dissapeared
8.Sign-in and save password for the email that you would like to use.
9. Switch-off phone and replace Docmo sim card with Airtel
10. Send SMS "MO" TO 54321 (you will receive Mobile Office settings)
11. Under configuration >> change Default Settings to Mobile Office and Restart phone
12. now you should be able to login to Mail
Push Mail Trick:
1. Under each mailbox you need to set option to "Very Fast"
2. Time Interval notification make it "9:00AM to 9:00AM"
3. Under Settings >> Connectivity >> Packet Data, Set to "Always"
4. now push mail should start functioning
The Time Interval for push mail in nokia C3-00 is approx 10mins which is very sad, it works but it takes 10mins for each push.
After a long long Research, i was able to figure out, but nokia customercare and airtel customercare were of no help, hope this helps someone like me who was struck here for a long time....Good luck
You are a life saver. It worked like charm. This should be highlighted at whatever levels in Nokia Customer Support. I had visited a Nokia Care Center and the said there is a problem with Nokia Servers for last 2 months and they are working on it. Till then new registrations are not happening on OVI mail and any other email.
When i tried this with Docomo and replaced it with Vodafone, emails were working.
Thank you so much for your help.
P.S: I have a Nokia X2-01 and not C3. But the process you mentioned works on X2 as well.
hello! i got c3 in dubai but live in nigeria. i have the same problem with communication, opera etc. but i dontthis was was configured for airtel india. beside i use mtn nigeria. i have never heard of docmo sim. is it a diff network, how do i overcom this c3 setback. here in lagos.
I do not get the "Communication error, Try again later" and my mail is configured which works pretty well. But the push mail feature does not work. I tried your settings step by step and it still does not work.
I can see the mail only when I open the mail application. I do not get any mail alerts which should work on push mail. Can you please help me out.
Real good help....awsome... now its working form... I have been trying to setup from past 20 days... and finally got this article...
Thanks a lot...
Got to hand it to you. I followed all kinds of things to get my TIM Italia SIM to work in my Nokia 201...tried for days and once I stumbled upon this and entered my network settings of IBOX.TIM.IT, I was able to connect to my mail with NO problem. Thank you for posting this as it was a great help and spot on
Are apps like Opera mini working with your Wi Fi?
Make sure that you have set internet connection to ask-first in WLAN settings.