Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: New C6-01 Phone Does Not Seem To Work

Contributor
jp2code
Accepted Solution

New C6-01 Phone Does Not Seem To Work

[ Edited ]

OK, I just received my new C6-01 phone. This is my first new phone in about 7 years (been using a Motorola RAZR v3). I got my AT&T Sim card put in (it is supposed to be OK with AT&T), plugged it into the charger and the lights came on. Pressed and held the Red button (lower right) to turn on the phone.

The phone turned on, then went black, showing nothing but the battery status indicator as it was charging. I chalked this up to a low/new battery and walked off leaving it plugged into the charger.

About an hour later, I came back to it.

The only buttons I could get to do anything at first were the Green button (lower left) and middle button (bar looking thing between Green and Red buttons), but pressing each of these bring up a message box asking, "Are you sure that you want to call the emergency number?" I clicked the Red button to answer "No."

The Red button does not seem to do anything else.

The directions that came with the phone say to slide the little bar on the right, about midway up, to unlock the phone and to place my warm finger on the display to activate it.

If I slide to unlock, I see an analog clock that displays the correct time.  If I slide it again, the clock goes away. I guess that part is working, but sliding my finger over the display only seems to put fingerprints on the black screen.

I can not seem to get anything else working on this phone. Every couple of minutes, I can hear it beep once, but that's it.

Is something wrong?

FYI: I did see this post that was similar [C6-01 !! Turns on but has a Black Screen !! Help], but it had no solution. That person's phone was a little bit older. Mine is new, and just arrived today in the mail.

~Joe
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

if you want my honest opinion send it back to where you got it and get it replaced.
Try this hard reset
pressing volume down + camera key + menu key and pressing power button)
After that return it if no joy

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jp2code

So, I got tired of seeing the only message box that was presented to me ("Are you sure that you want to call the emergency number?"). So, I clicked "YES".

Magically, after doing that, instead of being connected to a 911 operator, the screen on my phone turned on.

It has worked fine and as expected ever since.
~Joe
Please use plain text.