Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C3-00 YouTube and Text Messages

Kivier

Nokia C3-00 YouTube and Text Messages

Ok, so I basically have 2 problems concerning my C3-00.

First is that I can't watch any YouTube videos on my phone via WiFi.

All I get is "Operation Failed" or "No response try again"

How do I fix this? I don't have any problems with my internet connection because I can do Facebook, Google, Wikipedia, etc. on it..

Second is that I hate the Notification that pops out every time a message finished sending.

The one that says "Your message has been sent to ...". It really annoys me because I, as a Filipino, loves to text. And most of the time, I send Group Messages wherein I send a message to a Contact Group that has 20 numbers assigned to it. And every time a message is successfully sent, I get the notification "Your Message Has Been Sent To ....." 20 times! If you were me, you would be so **bleep** off. So, how can I fix this?

Thank you for those who'll answer.

Please use plain text.
nianrow

yea my c3 does tht too, but i juz click ok after the "no response" thingy, after several times, the video starts to play, it takes 10minutes or so. quite annoying huh? n regard to the text message problem, i tried to switch it off too, but i guess it's impossible. besides, whn i try to view webpages via wifi, especially blogs, there's a window "memory full" pops out, does ur phone do the same too? thank you. C=

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

"Your Message Has Been Sent To ....." 20 times! If you were me, you would be so **bleep** off. So, how can I fix this?

this cant be changed ,if your getting a balance after this ,its something you need to take up with operator
you can try turn off Alert or warning tones

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
aehdee

yep i get the memory full thingy, i thing its a bug on the built in browser. but when you use opera, works nicely, but you cant multi-task text on it.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
aehdee

Theres nothing we can do on the text notification on c3, i guess lets wait for a software update, 

Please use plain text.
nianrow

thx! does Opera charge? :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

@Kvier

1. For Youtube videos, youtube recently has upgraded to flash 10.1. So you need the new Youtube app (assuming you are using the standard browser or an older app).

2. C3 is an s40 phone, how about going to settings and disabling the notifications and cell info display? Its a new s40 series OS so I cant say I'm familiar with all the quirks.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
aehdee

its already installed on your c3. :smileyhappy:

but i recommend using the latest opera mini browser which you can download on OVI store. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
peejay1on1

I just discovered the solution. your router should be a 802.11g+b compatible.. my router is ZOOM ADSL X6. ;-P if your router is not 802.11g+b compatible your C3 cant stream youtube video. another router that is 802.11g+b compatible is lynksys.-peejay manila-

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
peejay1on1

all credits should be mine hahaha

Please use plain text.
Advisor
aaronu

Hmm thats not the case for me my router says ist backward compatible with  802.11b+G what could be the issue. i see nothing wrong from what you say it should be working on my phone without a hitch. therefore what your saying not valid!

Thanks for trying but you do not get any credit!

hey guys i really want to help everyone and as much as i can and provide lil support for you folks out there
Please use plain text.
Advisor
aaronu

RESOLVED!!! i Figured it out. its soo simple all you need is to set your router and port forward your phone to the router.

Heres a totrial with my dlink 2310 how to setup portfoward with nokia c3

Before had and you begin make sure your are connected to the internet or you will not be able to find ur phone on wireless router which is need to be visible on it.

Anyhow heres the video how to hope it helps :smileyvery-happy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSEdejTw_Ks

be sure to spread to friends that has same problem or even blog about it. Im not in mood to do this im happy enough to make a video rest you people do other work :smileytongue:.

Oh another note If you want a pernament IP for cellphone you can dedicatite it on dlink 2310 under network settings and you will see ADD DHCP RESERVATION which you will then can make ur cellphone ip permant and reserved for your phone!. this will stop the hassle of configuring your router a thousand times to make youtube work on your cellphone! (nokia c3)

Cheers!!

hey guys i really want to help everyone and as much as i can and provide lil support for you folks out there
Please use plain text.
Rickl

Hi aaronu;

You tutorial resolved my problem with Youtube, so I was hoping you could help with a similar problem with the NOKIA MAIL app.

I was able to use NOKIA  MAIL to access my Hotmail account with my D-Link DI-624 B/G router, but since I upgraded to a D-LinkDIR-632 N/G/B router I can no longer access my Hotmail accounts. It tries to sign in to Hotmail for about 30 seconds and then says "Communication Error. Try Again Later".

The new router has the same interface  as the one you showed on your tutorial.

I know that Hotmail uses port 995, and I set up port forwarding on the router for port 995, but I still can't connect to the mail server.

Can you provided any help with this? How did you choose the ports for the Youtube problem? It sounded like you just picked any two ports at random.

Thanks

Rick

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ppggg

Heo, I m having C3 and facing problem with messaging system. Dnt knw either anything missing or its just feature.

Firstly- all the inbox messages are automatically going in "Conversation" folder. Deleting anything frm conversation automatically delete from Inbox n Send Items. N I dnt seem any option also regarding that.

Secondly- Send msgs get save in "Send Items" box. No option for dat also as all other mobile have.

Thirdly- Messages in the sim are useless.. They cant b forward to anyone. Only two options r given "Archieve and Delete". After getting those msgs in Archieve , there is no option to get it back in sim.

There must b any option for saving msgs in sim or phone.

Suggestion required here.. :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
robertandu24

Hi, I have a nokia C3 and I had the same problem with the Youtube. All you have to do is to download from www.opera.com/mobile  the latest version of opera for mobiles .  Have fun .

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
metodi92

Just visit   m.vuclip.com   it contains all the clips from youtube. if you use the default browser of your  nokia c3  the video will start instantly without asking you  for streaming connection because the video is actually downloaded to your memory and you watch it as it downloads. some of the videos are divided by parts because they are longer (  8 mins or above ) and the site needs to convert them so  you can choose between watching them by parts or to wait a minute so the video will be ready. If you use opera you won't be able to watch them as the video downloads but still works. I have nokia C3 myself and I have this youtube problem too but only on certain wifi connections. Most of the time I access youtube dirrectly.

Please use plain text.
Delora86

I can't watch any youtube videos. It write no response.try again or operation is filed
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
xpap22

[ Edited ]

I tried downloading the new opera mini version but still I can't see any youtube video and the sign "No response. try again" still appears! someone heeelp

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Zukushidoari

Hi guys i think C3 needs a large high connection to play youtube videos. But if you connect to a low connection youtube videos does not play., how sad for C3. Its better to buy another cellphone that enable to watch videos in youtube.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Jerus

hello ., plss help me., i have nokia C3-00 when i go to youtube site and play the video it only reply. (No Respons) why do video wont play? I cant watch. Plss help me to fix.
Please use plain text.