Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C3-00 problem

Contributor
giannike1

Nokia C3-00 problem

Hi,

I just got my nokia c3-00 updated to version 7.20.
But now there is a problem.
Now my messenger does not.
Who can help me?

Regards Gianni

Please use plain text.
Contributor
giannike1

Re: Nokia C3-00 problem

Through the messenger menu, messages, chat.
It just does not open.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
andu77

I have the same firmware version(7.20) and my yahoo/gtalk messengers work fine. Have you encountered any problems during install ? If so, have you tried to reinstall?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
giannike1

Dear,
During installation, it was still on messenger.
And during installation it was mobile and had also failed to install the update again.
Have now the firmware already installed a few times and the problem remains the same.
Does anyone know a solution?
Thanks
Kind Regards

Please use plain text.
Advisor
andu77

I suppose after initial install failure, you signed off all mess accounts than try again :smileyhappy:

You could go to local service and ask them to install this update.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
giannike1

Can anyone help me with this problem please.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
dragosZed

I also updated my device to 7.20 and I encountered some problems during the update. First time I tried to update via OVI and it took about 1.5 hours for just preparing to install. I cancelled the update and unplugged the USB cable from my phone despite the msg saying NOT TO. The second time I tried to update via NOKIA Firmware Update and after about 5 min the PC flash screen said the connection interrupted please unplug your phone, restart it and the connect it again. I tried to restart the phone but there was a message saying test mode and I couldn't restart my phone, so I took out the battery. The 3rd time was the lucky one and it was a successful update, but now I have a bug with my menu (2 Communities icons). If I damaged the soft and I try to reinstall the update will it help or is there a chance to be irrevocably damage?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Hi,

2 communities icons is known by Nokia and is  working on this issue.

I belive community is working anyway, Right?

Message- chat is not opening.  I will try to find out is there any reason why so.

At least in my C3 there is no problem.

If you try menu-settings-restore factory sett.-settings only- (restoring will not delete any pertsonal data)

Let see what happens.

Br

Mahayv

Please use plain text.
Advisor
dragosZed

Yes, both communities are working the same and properly. I for one hadn't find any other problems, but I read some posts with other issues with mail, picture taking and messenger. Mine are OK. But I ask you..Is there any chance I damaged my firmware with my unsuccessful update?

Please use plain text.

Hi,

Actually if it is working, this is just cosmetic issue.

But nokia is aware of this issue and working. When the informattion is available, i will let you know.

Br

Mahyav

Please use plain text.
Lloydtipler

Just to back you up, i also have updated to V7.20, and my communities are working fine, however i'm experiencing problems with the mail app, it's just freezing on "loading mail".

Please use plain text.

Hi Lloydtipler,

Can you please send me your IMEI to my private email in discussion board channel?

Thnaks

Br

Mahayv

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nca_qua

i have nokia C-3, i live in Indonesia,

i just updated my phone with latest version 7.20,

i wanna tell many problem i'm facing now

1. my yahoo chat, gtalk, cant work

2. i cant install many apps in ovi store such as Opera Mini 5.1, games, etc. when i want to install 'em, the phone says that the apps dont fit with my updated phone.

3. my email sometimes can send e-mail, but sometimes it cant.

4. i can plug my headphone/headset. there's no notification or their icon when i'm plugging them. and i cant hear any voices when i'm using them.

that's all i've found, maybe there are still many.

i do really love nokia phone. esp. my phone C-3

i hope these problems can be solved,

and my phone will work well soon.

i need a response,

can somebody help me please

warm regards

Panca :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
newbies

hye, need some help with my c3, seems that i cant use the mail app..it stuck on "checkin for updates" and then "unexpected communication error"..at first i thought it might have to do with the 4.20 sw (previous) but even after updating to 7.20 still got the same problem..as for other apps is doing just fine (most of the time). 

Please use plain text.
baloch123

Hi Everyone

I bought Nokia C3-00(v 7.20).My problem is whenever i capture a photo.It gets corrupted,(memory location == Memory Card).

and Some mp3 files on my card unable to open showing message "File Format Not Supported".

I replace my memory card with new one it works fine for some hour but after that problem remains same.

Can anyone help me.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
aehdee

actually, this is not new, Encountered this when i was updating my phone from v4.45 to v4.60.

All was perfectly working well on 4.45 til I update it. Built in chat didnt work after it. Zzzzz
Please use plain text.
Sage
nicrame

Hello all! I have type post in different topic about some problems, that people have here. There are some information what is going wrong, and what i find out about it: /t5/Cseries/Facebook-and-Email-wont-connect-on-C3/td-p/781676

I would like to add few cents about "test mode" problem. Well as far as i analyzed how C3 is updating it is working like that:

1 - communicating with device, preparing device for flashing by turning on "flash mode?" (i do not know the names, it is just how i call those things), this flash mode make phone gois black and not responding on screen

2 - in "flash mode?" phone is still working (communicate with computer), received data is stored on some chip inside

3 - when flashing is complete, update software send info to phone to do something (selfcheck r something, i do not know), this is the moment when phone check itself "after" correct flashing

4 - after "selfcheck?" phone is connecting tot he update software that everything is fine, application says that flashing is complete, and phon is restarted.

Well, after that everything should be fine. If for someone phone didn;t reconnect and showed "test mode" it means, that maybe this test mode has freezed, or taked too long and software that is making update can;t reconnect with phone. But, new firmware is uploaded (You may check version by "calling" this code on Your phone: *#0000#) and everything should work fine.

Don't say you want to help - just do it! Happy user of Nokias: 6150 SAT (still work), 6021 (used as backup, still work), 5220 XpressMusic (Drown, screaming for Contact Service), C3-00 (my current phone).
Please use plain text.
Advisor
dragosZed

During the update I had this "Test mode" freeze. I tried to reinstall the update but the same problem. It is true that the phone updated, but I do have some problems with it.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nnova031

same here
Please use plain text.
Contributor
klaxie

I have the same message - chat  problem ... this only after i've installed 7.2, any fixes

Please use plain text.