Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C3 Bluetooth issue

edflinkinp

Nokia C3 Bluetooth issue

Hello friends. I have a Nokia C3 device and thanks to the device update (v4.60) I have no issue at all with the WLAN connection. However, I encountered a different problem now and it is related to the bluetooth connection.

I can receive files from other phones and or computers, but I am having major trouble with SENDING them, I can't even send a picture I took from the phone camera, it sends an error message during the transfer. I've returned the phone to the original settings, removed the battery and similar things in order to solve the issue but with no success.

One thing I do want to recall is the fact that, during the firmware update the phone's screen turns off or blank, which ir normal sometimes, but one thing I did notice is that the Nokia Software Updater loses the connection with the phone DURING the installation of the firmware update and asks me to turn off the phone, then back on so I can resume the installation, I don't know if this little problem has interfered with the data transfer and ended up messing my bluetooth up.

I did try to RE-install the firmware via NSU and the exact same thing happened again. What should I do? I would try to reinstall again but if the phone is going to lose connection during the process I'm afraid it might cause damage or something..

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

PS: My phone is a Latin American edition and the only firmware available in my region via NSU is the 4.60 version I recently updated. 7.20 is not available.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rvcosta

Re: Nokia C3 Bluetooth issue

Hello,

I'm facing the same problem.

In my case, my phone has firmware 7.20 installed.

The phone can receive files using bluetooth connection without any issue.

It also sends small files (i.e. smaller than 100KBytes).

However, every time I try to send bigger files (about 3 MBytes), it fails.

I've already tried it on two different laptops and it failed on both machines.

I hope Nokia will release a fix for this problem soon.

Regards.

C3-00 V 08.63 25-03-11 RM-614 Variant: 00.00
Please use plain text.
edflinkinp

Yes I can send really small files as well. I tried with different sizes and found out the phone won't send files larger than 300kb aprox, which is almost nothing!

I wish we could just fix one thing without damaging another one :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
edflinkinp

So nobody has faced this problem? I would like to hear some suggestions.. Has a new firmware been released yet?

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.