Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C3 accesing Facebook

Registered Member
chainess2012

Nokia C3 accesing Facebook

HI! I bought a Nokia C3-00 because of its wifi features..I can access facebook - yes but my problem is when I type a comment or update my status.. after typing it...then click edit.. I dont see the message I typed on the phone itself...

So I tried logging out...it did...now I cant log in because of the same problem..when I type my email log in address...I don't see it in the field

Please help... Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

dude! i have the same problem you have,  all started on the first day of march i think. can someone pls help us on how to solve this problem,

im using facebook on the: Internet > Go to Address > facebook.com (it's more convenient to use FB here than on the communities nor other apps.) 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
funktheory

I have exactly the same problem! whats going on? It was working fine up till wed. All other sites are fine, restored factory settings, still same, help??  :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Lowrai

I too have the same problem!! Anybody know what's going on?

Please use plain text.
mrsh2006

I am also having the same problem and like yourselves it seems to have been since 1st March. Has anyone had any luck in solving the problem?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Cydriclleython

I have same problem also what should i do with this problem....evrtym i log in i can not see my email and the password...always wrong password what will i do or anybody could help me with my problem in this unit....and i can nt download yahoo messenger why is this? What shout i do..?
Please use plain text.
HeyYou

I am also having the same problem. I have done a hard reset and it hasn't fixed the issue. I have managed to get onto Facebook but I can't write anything as my cursor is white. Its really frustrating as Nokia & Facebook don't have any answers! It all happened on the 1st March for everyone with many types of different Nokia's as you can see from this discussion on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/help/community/question/?id=2043146

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jasonakajazz

Hi everybody have the same problem. To my understanding the problem is with facebook and not wih the Nokia phone. I have file a report to facebook about this issue but don't get any reply yet. SO the more report that each person send in it would be bettter. Are we all can tell nokia about the problem here so they well more effectively get to facebook and let them know about this issue. try and report to nokia @ http://www.facebook.com/nokia

or if your on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/nokia  https://twitter.com/#!/NokiaHelps  http://www.nokia.com/support

the more report are sent in my everyone the more effective it would be. How i would recommend you to used a computer to make a report to facebook using your account here http://www.facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=mobile_bug try and get to facebook because it is everybody around the world is affected buy this login and typing issue

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jasonakajazz

Restoring your phone will not fix that... you have to get in contact with facebook. it is there site which have the problem. so you use your computer to access your account go to help click on something not working write and click moblie and my bug is not listed here they you click let us know...
http://www.facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=mobile_bug
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jasonakajazz

NO contact facebook
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
John_Tesla

Re: Nokia C3 accessing Facebook

Hello Guys,

We have been reading your posts and finally came with the solution for the browsing problem with Facebook.

It seems that Facebook changed the way you enter your facebook page by

enabling the HTTPS Secure browsing.

You will need to go to your FB page on a computer.

You need to go Account>Account Settings>Security.

Then go to "Secure Browsing" and click on Edit and disable.

Now Log out.

Finally, try to log in to Facebook using your C3-00. 

Hope this solves your issues with Facebook.

All the best!

John_Tesla

Please use plain text.
HeyYou

Hi, thank you for helping out but that did not work for me on my C3.....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dindin

If you're having trouble logging in from your mobile browser:

1. Clear your cache and cookies. You can usually do this from an option/settings menu in your mobile browser. Review your phone's guide for more help.
  2. Enter facebook.com as a new URL.
  3. Enter your login details (phone number and password).
  4. Repeat steps 1-10, if needed.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jasonakajazz

Nokia i did what you have said but it still don't work. Nokia for you to see the issue we would like for you to follow these step so that you can see why we can login neither we can type nor can see a cursor.

Step one: Get a Nokia C3-00 phone and trun it on

Step two: click menu

step three: click internet

step four: scroll and till you see GO TO Address

Step five: type in m.facebook.com wait on it to load

step six: when mobile facebook is load then try and  type in your email address, and password and tell me if you see wat your typing

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Steven628

Hello John_Tesla,

Thanks for your solution, but sorry it doesn't work with my C3-00.

When I open facebook and try to sign in, I can't type my password (my username already memorized). Usually when we type in our password, it will appear as ***** but now as I type it appears as the character itself. And because of that, it doesn't record the password, so the password box is still empty, of course I can't sign in.

It is quite a surprise to notice I'm not alone with this problem, many of C3-00 users are experiencing the same error. Please help us with your next solution.

P.S. Before March, we can access facebook easily, no problem at all, is there any connection with the recent solar flare?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
StoyanBarbukov

Wow i thought that my 6700 had broken down but now i see that nokia c3 has the same problem. Its about time they fix this problem. I cant login in facebook from my phone for 2 weeks now. Other sites work fine but facebook is **bleep**. I hope facebook fixes the problem soon.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Steven628

Hi folks,

Just want to add up, now I'm doing fine accessing facebook via OPERA MINI browser! Who needs the original browser anyway! But if Nokia guys can fix it anyway, it'll be great!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
StoyanBarbukov

Yeah but opera mini cannot acess 0.facebook.com,which is free. I dont know why but when i type 0.facebook.com i opens the normal facebook with pictures and it costs me money.
Please use plain text.
kakay23

I'm having the same problem.. I can't login to facebook using my C3. :smileysad: 

I hope this will be fixed soon because its giving me a hard time already. :smileysad:(

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi all,

Try doing a settings reset on the C3-00 using the *#7780# code with 12345 security code. Login to Facebook after this.

Let me know how you get on,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.