Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C5-00 Sw ver. 071.005, software installa...

Krisu

Nokia C5-00 Sw ver. 071.005, software installation bug.

When installing software to the memory card and then format or replace it, you can't install the same programs again with Ovi Store. Programs disappeared from menu and "installed programs"  catalog, but still the system thinks that the programs is installed, so the same programs that were installed to the memory card before replacing or formatting it, is not re-installable from Ovi Store. Ovi Store friendly prevonts for double-payment.

I think, that Symbian keeps track of memory card-installed programs, even if the card is changed.

I need some commercial software, which I paid!

I suceeded installing Skype with silly workaround: I downloaded some version of skype from ftp-warez site and then uploaded the .SIS file to the phone. I opened the file and started the installing procedure. the install asks: "Do you want to replace skype version x.x with version x.xx?". I answered ok and finalizing the install, After this I remove the Skype at normal way. And going to the Ovi Store. Now the download is possible.

Opening windows: Krisu

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chaitu123

Re: Nokia C5-00 Sw ver. 071.005, software installation bug.

I have same problem , but the problem being i have multiple softwares that i have to install .!! So i cant follow the same method . Can someone please help in a more feasible way ?

Krisu wrote:

When installing software to the memory card and then format or replace it, you can't install the same programs again with Ovi Store. Programs disappeared from menu and "installed programs"  catalog, but still the system thinks that the programs is installed, so the same programs that were installed to the memory card before replacing or formatting it, is not re-installable from Ovi Store. Ovi Store friendly prevonts for double-payment.

I think, that Symbian keeps track of memory card-installed programs, even if the card is changed.

I need some commercial software, which I paid!

I suceeded installing Skype with silly workaround: I downloaded some version of skype from ftp-warez site and then uploaded the .SIS file to the phone. I opened the file and started the installing procedure. the install asks: "Do you want to replace skype version x.x with version x.xx?". I answered ok and finalizing the install, After this I remove the Skype at normal way. And going to the Ovi Store. Now the download is possible.

Opening windows: Krisu

Please use plain text.