Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C5-00 memory problem

Contributor
mickey_123

Nokia C5-00 memory problem

I have a nokia c5-00 3.2mp. the problem is my phone memory is full, and 62 mb are in other files. i have a 16gb card in it. i install all the applications on memory card. i store all photos, documents on card then also dont know why my phone memory is filled with 62mb ib other files.

I have deleted all browser cache then also no help.

Really Frustarted with this phone. and really frustrated with nokia company. i have send the phone to nokia care 2-3 ti,es then also same problem again again.

Help me as soon as possible.i have software version 71.005 installed on phone.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
phoenixzurc

go to message settings then look for OTHERs then change phone memory to memory card
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

[ Edited ]

Hi Mickey_123,

Thank you for your first post and welcome to the Nokia support discussion forums.

Have a look at the following link. Its contains some helpful tips on how to free up memory to help resolve issues such as yours:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/search?qt=Nokia%20C5-00%20low%20memory&cat=support&fullcontent=true&...

Also as @phoenixzurc suggested go to message settings then look for OTHERs then change phone memory to memory card.

Also have a look at the following thread:

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Cseries/C5-phone-memory-loss/td-p/765116

It is about other user's having similar issues to yourself.

Furthermore if after all this you are still having memory issues please try doing a soft reset by dialing *#7780# on your device. If it asks for a code the default is 12345 (unless you have changed this of course!)

Let me know if any of this helps.

Regards

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mickey_123

hi Raoul_Duke
i have already changed my message settings and they are save on memory card only, nothing is saved on my phone memory i have done both soft reset and hard reset but then also the phone memory fills in 15days i am really fed up with this phone please tell me some solution...

regards
Mickey_123
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
arunlal4u

Hai Mickey_123
First check what all extra apps you 've installed, even if u install it in memory card chances are there that its some memory files or cache files are in phone memory. Check for ur browser's files. And also download datas. Check if u 've the latest firmware installed. I suggest taking to a nearby nokia care if the problem still persists and they can do a thorough flashing of ur device.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
phoenixzurc

hi... have you tried using netquin mobile guard to see if what folder occupies your phone memory?..  try to go to menu>applications>installations>app. mngr.>installed apps.and intalled files and look for the colored BLUE puzzle like, those are the files intalled to your mobile c5-00 phone memory ... if you dont need those applications or if you want to free some memory try to UNINSTALL them...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mickey_123

hi.. i have latest firmware installed i dont have many application instaled. ihave netquin mobile guard i have seen from there also no files are there i am seriously fedup with this my phone i have gone to nokia care 2-3 times they just flash or format the phone my problem is not solving..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
meri_chan

so what do u do?? i have the same problen too :confused:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mickey_123

hi meri_chan
i dnt do anythng seriously pised off with this phone i urge all of you dont buy this phone and i wont recomnd nokia also since service is also bad i just hard reset my phone in every 20days thats what m doin
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sergent

Hi guys,

When your phone notifies you if the phone memory is getting low. To free phone memory you have the following options:

• Move data that you want to keep to an alternative memory (mass memory or memory card, if available) or to a compatible computer.
  • Remove data you no longer need.

Use File Manager or the respective application in your phone to remove data or to move data to alternative memory as described in the user guide. Typically you first mark files to be removed or moved and then you select the corresponding option (Delete or Move to folder).

Use Nokia Suite to move data to a compatible computer.

In order to free phone memory, you could remove or move the following:

• Messages from InboxDrafts and Sent folders in Messaging
  • Retrieved e-mail messages from the phone memory
  • Saved Web pages. Clear the web browser cache to free some phone memory (e.g. select Options > Clear privacy data Cache).
  • Saved images, videos, or sound files (in GalleryPhotosVideos or Music player)
  • Contact information (in Contacts)
  • Calendar notes (in Calendar)
  • Downloaded application packages
  • If there are applications which are not needed any more, uninstall them with Application Manager
  • Any other data that you no longer need

If you are deleting multiple items and any of the following notes are shown: Not enough memory to perform operation. Delete some data first or Memory low. Delete some data, try deleting items one by one (starting from the smallest item). After deleting data, restart (power off/on) your phone.

Also Use the memory card or mass memory instead of phone memory in the Camera or other applicable applications in case the selection is available (e.g. via Options > Settings > Memory in use).

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on,

Sergent

If my response has helped you in any way, show it by hitting the WHITE STAR... If you don't a MONSTER will come and eat your lunch...
Also hit the Accept as solution button, so OTHERS can benefit from this helpful answer...
DON'T BE SHY...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mickey_123

hi sergent
i have done al the things but nthn hapens stil phone memory below 5mb al is being ocupied by other files. Realy frustrated nw with this phn nokia care also nt able to do anythng i just tel al user nt to buy a nokia handset no gud service no good solution
Please use plain text.
touhidmustakhim

Use net qin antivirus for your problem. It has all that you need. Even i am using Nokia C5-00 only and i have faced this problem before. With net qin you can delete all the memory and control all the applications properly. But to be frank its not a permenant solution. The phone will keep on generating files and it will through "Not enough memory delete some content" error. Solution do not connect your mobile to internet do not use Mail box.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ritz33

tks it has helped me :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bhavik007

thanx brother very helpfull post.....

Bhavik

Please use plain text.
wallouie1631

hi I read these reviews,this one I found to be very helpfull.follow these steps;menu>applications>go to installed apps>options>organise>options> look for remove apps.I noticed too the phone kept on saying delet  stuff from memory .this made me to understand that this phone has the necessary instructions to accomplish this goal. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cjewitt

Look, the C5-00 has a bug  in that it generates log messages in logs/eng/Ods. I had 160MB to delete once I found it. This is a BUG, not the number of apps etc. NOKIA: FIX THIS PHONE.

Please use plain text.
sensiblerider

iam a chronic Nokia user..
Nokia C5.00 with 2mp camera has
some problems..
Solution is-
install a 3rd party file manager like-
Netqin or Xplore free versn. Try to clear all the cache frm
browsers, web feeds.
Clean up internal storage.
Google map eat a lot of memory,so-
open Google map and go to option-
setting-reset map. It dosnt delete the starred item just
clean up the cache..
Try no to use mailbox in this phone..
If u want to use it then just delete the
mail box each time after usage.
It will help u..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
badboy55

Here is the solution.
1.Go to web.
2.option.
3.clear privacy data
(select all).
4.clear.
you will free atleast 12mb.
If u cannot open the web due to full memory then delete some unwanted msgs or ringtone. And free about 2mb...
This will surely help u...
I just freed 26.2mb on my c5-00..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
msotirov

God bless you, man...

Please use plain text.
Blessedjoe

hi guys i have a c5 00 and whenever i take pictures with it it has this loud shutter sounds that cant be silenced and the photos if saved to the memory card they cant be viewed the songs also dont play on the mem card i have tried changing memory card to no avail .Please help
Please use plain text.