Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C5-03 screen shows strange streaks then dies

Contributor
sarasherra

Nokia C5-03 screen shows strange streaks then dies

[ Edited ]

Hello!

My sister's hasn't used her Nokia C5-03 for almost a month now because of this problem, and we were too busy with our exams to seek help for it, so she kept it off.

It started with a software update she said, the update wouldn't download or install correctly, then the screen started acting strange, so she turned the mobile off (by taking the battery out as it doeasn't respond to turning off normally in this situation), then switched it on again. Once the phone is on, the screen starts showing longitudinal moving streaks. Her mobile is password protected, so after she enters the lock code, it shows the "Nokia connecting people" screen, then starts showing broad horizontal lines (while the nokia connecting people screen is still showing) which keep changing colors and growing till the screen is completely black and dead.

This happens everytime the mobile is turned on, so she can't use it.

The screen was changed last year at "Nokia care" here in Egypt, because she accidentally spilled acid on it while working at the lab at college, so the screen had to be changed. 
Nothing happened to the screen this time, no acids, no falls, no cracks, nothing.

I went to the same "Nokia care" branch last week, and the woman there told me the problem was the screen again. I just don't understand, why!? It was brand new!

I didn't leave the mobile there, i wanted to make sure it was the screen first before actually sending it for repair, as it started as a software issue, and the screen is brand new!

The mobile's been with her for almost 3 years now, and we bought a new battery for it, too. My C7 has been with me for a longer duration than hers, and i've never needed to change the battery nor send it for repair, so i just don't understand why she would need to change the screen for a second time, it's really expensive. So i have to be absolutely sure what the problem is before paying so much money again.

Any help will be truly appreciated :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Re: Nokia C5-03 screen shows strange streaks then dies

hi mate,

in this case, it sounds like more serious damage than first thought present. as this is a user to user forum only for Nokia products and services, your only option here is to persist with your local Nokia Care until successsful resolution of your issue is reached: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sarasherra

Thank you for your opinion :smileyhappy:
Do you have a hint as to what the actual problem may be?

The employee seemed very sure that it was only the screen, and though i tried to explain that the screen was less than a year old, she just wouldn't!

I don't claim to know much about how mobiles work, but i'd appreciate it if she at least gave me room to talk, and explain to me why the new screen -which was put by the very same branch she works in- needs to be changed again after taking no damage at all.

If you could perhaps explain to me what you think the problem is, i can go talk to her (or preferably some other employee at the centre) again soon :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

hi again mate,

not exactly sure what the damage is, I couldn't tell you that, only the technicians at Nokia Care can. I had a run-in with Nokia Care and had to go back before the 4th time my issue was successfully resolved to my satisfaction. you don't need to know what the issue is, you just need to be persistent.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sarasherra

Ok then, i'll try. Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.