Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C5 as 3G Modem - Internet Connectivity Probl...

nitinmathew2007

Nokia C5 as 3G Modem - Internet Connectivity Problem

History:

Am unlucky with internet, I got MTS Mblaze and due to poor speed I am fighting with them and I stopped using right now. I started using Vodafone 2G which is faster than MTS MBlaze.

Few months back, I tried Vodafone 3G, it worked faster the first day, and second day onwards it worked only through mobile browser and it was faster. I guess I had problem due to Nokia PC suite or Modem Extra initialization Command. So was forced to cancel 3G the second day and used 2G. I ignored, thinking that the problem is with Vodafone setting.

Actual problem now:
After connecting 3G to my PC using Nokia C5 as modem.
Recently to upload a 800MB video, I borrowed 3G HSDPA USB modem from my friend with his Airtel 3G SIM. It had problems so I was advised to use 3G service through my Nokia C5, 3G handset. It worked perfect and after uploading 800 MB file, after sometime my net stopped upload but net remains connected (Only that lower computer blinks blue while other one is black, u can see this when u go to Ctrl panel->Network Connections->Double click on active modem).

When I tried reconnecting, it gets connected first later after 1-4MB usage or when I open youtube the problem repeats. It was working earlier, this is the SAME problem I faced earlier with Vodafone 3G too. In mobile browser the net works perfect. This problem still exist I tried connecting using Nokia PC Internet Access software, Nokia PC Suite, Configuring dial up connection manually.

Am unable to sort out the problem. Pl help me

Other Details:
Nokia C5-00
Phone memory 11.2MB free
Memory Card 220 MB free
USB Cable connection
AIRTEL UMTS, APN = airtelgprs.com
Pentium 4 processor, 4GB Ram
Windows XP, SP II
Nokia PC Internet Access 2.0.1.5
Nokia PC Suite 3.5.34.0
Web browser Google Chrome, in mobile I use Opera Mini & Opera Mobile
AntiVirus ESET NOD32

Please Note: I tried disabling Anti Virus & Firewall, still problem occurs & The problem is not with the Network Operator for sure.

Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anthu

Re: Nokia C5 as 3G Modem - Internet Connectivity Problem

Hi

I am having NOKIA C5 mobile and using it as a modem for the past two years, six months back the problems started for me the network is connected through the NOKIA DATA CABLE using a updated NOKIA SUITE software after connecting data transfer is taking place but once it exceeds above 2MB webpage is not loading but the status in the PC and Mobile shows it is connected. when i disconnect it and then again if i connect, it will load for 2MB or 3MB only. using BLUETOOTH also i tried its not connecting .

I have updated both the MOBILE and NOKIA suite softwares

waiting for your reply

Please use plain text.