Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C5 software version 071.005 Low Sound wh...

Advisor
sumitjain

Nokia C5 software version 071.005 Low Sound while calling

Hi after I updated my Nokia C5 (3.2 mp camera one) with firmware update 071.005 the sound while calling is barely audible , I have turned full call volume but still its barely audible in quiet environment. My cell is out of warranty. I have two Nokia C5, the sound of the other one with firmware version 062.001 is pretty good.  Please help . Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Nokia C5 software version 071.005 Low Sound while calling

Try re-installing the Firmware ...

If this doesn't help, Back-up your important data and perform a Soft Reset by dialing *#7370# followed by 12345 (default code unless changed by you) when prompted. Be warned that this will erase all data from the Phone memory...

If still no change, then get your phone inspected at Nokia care for any Hardware issue ...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sumitjain

I have already done it, once even with nokia suite but nothing I don't think it might be a hardware issue as it was loud before update . Is there anyway to roll back to the previous version or any other solution ?  I have also noticed that out of the two c5 one's is made in china and other in korea, the display of china one sucks even with same wallpaper and both having same theme and full screen resolution. what I mean that china one's display is distinctively dull then the korean one .

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

There is NO way to rollback the Firmware.. and as for the comparison between the two devices, as per Nokia Policy there is NO compromise in Quality of a Nokia device wherever it is manufactured. So, something odd here..  Though don't wan't to jump the gun but you may have a look here ...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sumitjain

It can't be fake as I have bought from Nokia Priority store and I have checked the imei and battery and they were authentic. Thanks for your concern. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sumitjain

There might be some issue with Quality Control over the handsets as people here in India always prefer to buy a Nokia "Made in Finland" over other countries earlier I also thought it's just a matter of belief but now I've experienced it that there is a difference.

Any other solution for sound issue anyone ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

sumitjain wrote:

There might be some issue with Quality Control over the handsets as people here in India always prefer to buy a Nokia "Made in Finland" over other countries earlier I also thought it's just a matter of belief but now I've experienced it that there is a difference.

Any other solution for sound issue anyone ?

Thats just a perception.. Refer This ... and for the issue, get the phone checked at Nokia care ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
prince9

[ Edited ]

Sir as 5 days ago my phone software got currupted... And i have got them repaired from the local shop not from the care centres as it was relatively cheaper... Now my phone software version is 071.005 and model is NOKIA C5-00.
Now please suggest me that whether this is the latest software i'v got from that shop or Nokia Care wil l going to give me any other software version for my C5.
Please reply fast...

Thanking you

Moderator's note: Personal information are not allowed on this Forum. (Full name removed)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

v101.003 is the latest as per THIS .. but why don't you check thru' Nokia Suite whether you can update it yourself ..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
prince9

what to do now
??? Is this version is local.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rajiv005

No the current version for Nokia C5-00(5MP) is 101.003.
As your phone is not under warranty u can update it online bt b4 u start updating make sure ur net speed is fast(>512kbps) n there must be no interrupt while updating. Only advantage of updating online is dat ur getting genuine os.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
prince9

But my mobile is 2 yr old. Nw this handset is totally not available in the market... My camera version is 3.2
Please use plain text.