Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia -- C6-00 improvement required desperatel...

Counsellor
funk

Nokia -- C6-00 improvement required desparately

To Nokia,

Firstly I would like to inform you that I have been a nokia fan and loyalist since I have started using the mobile phone 7 years back.

Just because this handset is from nokia that I dared to but it inspite of all things writted in the forum and other websites.

But frankly after using the phone I am very disappointed with Nokia.  I had a hope that firmware will be corrected nad the problem will be resolved. But the hardware also has problems which I did not expect from a Nokia device.

Now since I have this device, I would like to bring to your notice some features that needs to be corrected in th next update.

This is regards to the features of Nokia C6-00 that needs some improvement.Some features that were much better in earlier Nokia phones

1) Call Log feature

Nokia C6-00 shows only the number of times that some has called.

However it does not show at what time the call was made. Some times it is required and is 

available in earlier phones.

2) Low battery indicator

Nokia C6-00 does not indicate low battery. This feature is also available in earlier phones

but not in Nokia C6-00.

This is most important feature as the battery indication bars are not even and one cannot

make out how much battery power is actually left .

I am using a battery monitor software but do not prefer to use it as C6-00 is slow and some 

applications close automatically by themselves when even when using 3-4 applications.

3) New folders for photos and music files

It seems that we cannot make new folders and are not able to put the fiels in separate

folders as per requirement.

Here I can add albums, however there is file duplication or a link to the default folder.

What is required is that the files be moved to the folders and no link shall be in the default

folder.

THIS IS REQUIRED BECAUSE AFTER A SPECIFIC NUMBER OF FILES IN THE DEFAULT FOLDER THE PHONE HANGS AND SHOWS THE MESSAGE " MEMORY FULL" AND MOBILE HANGS.

TO AVOID THIS THE FILES IN DEFAULT FOLDERS HAVE TO BE KEPT TO A MINIMUM NUMBER.

This feature is also avaiable in earlier phones but not in C6-00.

4) FM Radio tuning

We need to tune the stations for the first time. I did the tuning of the stations. However the

phone could  catch only 4 stations instead of the 6 stations that exists.

Now the main problem is that even with manual tuining feature the phone tunes to the

frequency from one of the 4 channels.

I am not able to tune the station in steps OR directly the band that has the other stations.

This was possible with earlier phones.

5) In calenders section also there were many options for storage of birthdays, reminders etc.

which are not avaiable in C6-00.

Also the TO-do list is always vissible on all the pages if entered; which was not the case in

other phones.

Some of the items in to-do list are of low priority and I do not want to see them all the time.

IT should be as is the feature in earlier phones that I can see the items in the to-do list only

I go to that folder.

6) Anniversary/birthdays/reminders

I had updated my phone with the backup of my earlier Nokia phone and  all these items got updated but it reflected twice in the calender. One on the required date and also on the date next to it.

Additonally the time got changed by itself and instead of the morning time it got set by itself at 23:59 pm at night.

The height of the problem is that even if I saved it again, the change would not be saved UNTIL I changed the actual date to some other date, save it and then change it again to the actual date.

I have been doing it for all such occassions stored in my phone. It is annoying.

7) Messaging

I need confirmations to the sent messages many times.

Here the problem is that I cannot delete these messages one by one.

The only option is either to delete all confirmations or to keep all confirmations.

In earlier phone I had the option to delete only the selected sent msg confirmations.

I could keep the required sent msg confirmation as long as I wanted it.

These are some of the features that are found in al the earlier Nokia phones but is not avaiable in C6-00.

Kindly provide some solution and an update to incorporate these feature.

MOST IMPORTANT THING TO DO IS REDUCE THE MEMORY CONSUMPTION OF FEATURES FOR C6-00. IT WORKS FINE WHEN 2-3 APPLICATIONS ARE RUNNING SIMULTANEOUSLY.

HOWEVER WHEN 3-4 OR MORE APPLICATIONS ARE RUN SIMULTANEOUSLY, THEN EITHER IT TURNS OFF SOME APPLICATIONS WITHOUT EVEN ASKING/COONFIRMATION OR ELSE IT HANGS.

NOKIA,

DO SOMETHING OF THE MEMORY CONSUMPTION AS WE ARE NOT ABLE TO USE THE SMARTPHONE SMARTLY.

Regards,

funk

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Re: Nokia -- C6-00 improvement required desparately

Have you upgraded to the latest v40 yet? I dont have a C6, but I hear that it was an awesome update, allowing the C6 to do things not before thought possible for an s60v5 phone (ok they might be exaggerating).
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Sage
zoljac

Re: Nokia -- C6-00 improvement required desperately

I'm using C6-00 with v40 firmware.

Basically, it's not much different from v20 firmware, but has Full QT and QT mobility integrated by default and the NEW WEB BROWSER that is found on NEW X7 and E6 mobiles with SYMBIAN ANNA on them. Also some apps like Maps and others are updated to last version and another difference noticeable from beginning is lack of OVI CONTACTS.

These changes makes one huge difference to old FW.

And, yes, it is much more STABLE and FASTER phone than it was before.

Lots of BUGS squashed and removed.

I'm literately hurting my phone for last three days and still I haven't managed to get it RESTARTED by itself or to get message like MEMORY FULL.

That's progress if you ask me!!!

Oh yes, and EMOTICONS inside messaging!!!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
funk

Hi,

1) We do not have the V40 firmware launched in India till now.

To : zoljac

I understand from your post that basically the phone becomes faster and supports multiples applications.
That is one of the best news for C6-00 device.

Thank you both for the update.

However apart from that the features that I have mentioned are also required; the main reason being that we have been using these features in all the Nokia phones till now and are of great convenience and use( Even other devices such as Android, blackberry, windows phone have these features). And this new phone does not have the feature. Also I do not think that it is a big task incorporating these features as it would be a small job for the Nokia developers considering that they already have these features in the earlier models.

So awaiting the V40 update.

To Nokia ---

Please try to incorporate these features along with the V40 update for India.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
r_mohamed

@zoljac, how to get the new firmware?i cant see any new updates on my fon..

Please use plain text.
Sage
zoljac

I'm sorry, but I'm not really allowed to tell you the way I got it!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Thenzr

When is it available in Europe? and in Germany to be more specfic??? i really need this update my nokia c6-00 costed me a fortune and i feel like it was a wrong choice to choose this phone:smileysad: maybe this firmware can change that... thx zoljac:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
hellacop

so i see there might be hope, that there really will be another update?

'cause i'm on the brink of selling this nice looking, very promising, but in fact almost useless piece of plastic... it turns of at least once a day with nor warning, it looses wlan connections constantly (if it even finds one), programms crash and so on... i could accept things like the media players poor usability or a bit of slower performance than other smartphones as it is and was meant to be a budget device, but it turned out to be almost unacceptable...

looking forward to an official statement.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
joeaperson

What is happening?

Why there is still no update available for my phone?

Im living in Poland and my PC is 059C2B8 and what, still no update?

Why is that some people are worse than others and nokia is caring for others more??

Why we are not treated equally and everyone get new firmware in same time??

Shame on you nokia!

There is so much versions of this v40 update for nokia c6 but none for my phone!!

-

Disappointed customer
Please use plain text.
Sage
zoljac

Have you posetd the same problem in every C6-00 topic there is on Discussion
Please use plain text.
Oldlarry

Hello
Just a question:
how to find an symbian flash player for this phone ?
Take care, the software watches you ...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

For flash player: you wont. it would come as part of a firmware update. Flash Player 4.0 AFAIK is not yet available for S^1, unless the v40 of C6 comes with it which I cannot confirm.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Sage
zoljac

I think it is still 3.1 flash inside newest v40 firmware!! I haven't noticed any difference!!!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Personally, I dont think you would. Many sites already migrated to Flash 10.2, while Flash Lite 4.0 can only handle up to Flash 10. The upgrade hast come out of Adobe yet.
Please use plain text.
Sage
zoljac

You mean update for s60v5 Symbian, because S^3 have that kind of flash inside. I thought that main difference was in Graphics Accelerator support between Flash 9 and 10 or 3.1 on s60v5 and 4 on S^3.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Not sure of the differences of Flash actually. :smileyhappy: Havent checked on it much. But thing is, even if you have Flash 4.0, you would have sites where you cant view Flash content.
Please use plain text.
Sage
zoljac

Well, honestly, I dont care much for it, all the sites I do use nowadays are opening without problems with default browser, not to mention this 7.3 in v40 fw. Its great, both desing and usage.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
funk

TO NOKIA,

Hey people,

If you are asking for a 200MB downlaod and installation on the phone, is it going to overwrite the earlier firmware or append to it ?

Because the C6-00 does not have that big internal memory.

Also if you are providing a 200 MB update for the firmware then why is it that some of the problems mentioned are still not incoroprated ? Also I have read that the keypad becomes smaller and does not rotate by rotating the phone but the slider needs to be opened for that. I do not want that to happen .

Let me know the csolution to it.

Finally incase the update does not work for me in the sense tht it does not improve functionality of my devcie then CAN I SWITCH BACK TO THE v20.42 FIRMWARE ??

Please use plain text.
Sage
zoljac

When you update firmware fully over OVI suite it would FLASH your phone completely by OVERWRITING your old version with never one.

Now, Nokia c6-00 has

Maximum User Storage 240 MB ROM Memory 512 MB RAM Memory 128 MB

more info on:

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devices/Device_specifications/C6-00/

Therefore, you can have that large UPDATE because there is 512 MB ROM where system is put and you are left with 200+ MB of space available for use.

For KEYPAD, that is what you get with new FW. DIAL PAD becomes like N8 and the rest of NEW SYMBIAN Phones on market do, and you can't dial in landscape mode like before if you don't open your keyboard. However AUTOMATIC TURNING of the rest of Phone UI is still there.

And NO, you can't switch back to lower version of FW, once you go v40 there's no turning back. You can only install the same or higher version on it.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
funk

Thanks for the info.

Then I would prefer to wait for some more reviews and then update my firmware. Till then use the basic features of the phone.

Please use plain text.