Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C6 is hanging a lot

Advisor
bananaproduct

by the way.. I hope the solution to the problems will not be the same as on the Nokia5230 -> silently, hopefully without user-attention reboot the phone from time to time

and yeah, an status update form an nokia employee would be nice

Please use plain text.
Advisor
step307

I wouldnt say it helps ... i tried to turn off vibration and put some paper under the battery
Anyway i can hang it by locking/unlocking many times
Btw - when it hangs - green and red buttons are shining ... and menu white button is blinking slowly

Please open up the battery and insert a three fold paper between the battery and the chip. Due to high vibrations the battery connections wil not break now, and the phone doesnt hangup. It is working fine since this act.

Please try and give me the feed back.

Regards

Sanjay Verma

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ad_k

laitos

After reading your quick comment i went to nokia care center at Malancha, Kharagpur, WB, India Ph- +91-322252614 and showed them the printout of this entire post along with your comment. They took my phone for 4 hours and returned it and said it has been updated. but the problem persists. I think they didn't update the mobile software, they only reset my phone, because i see no software version number change.

NOKIA MUST IMMEDIATELY WITHDRAW THEIR C6 HANDSETS FROM MARKET AND RETURNED OUR MONEY.

WE MUST GO TO COMSUMER COURT AND FILE A COMPLAINT AGAINST NOKIA.

laitos wrote:

jits wrote:

when i explained them about my problem, they took my phone and came back after ten  minutes saying that they dont have the software for C6, as this is the new phone..!!!! Do Nokia just opens its Nokia Care Store's without providing the latest software updates for its phones in the market..???

I'll just quickly comment on this: It's quite interesting that they tell you this, as the SW has been  (and is currently) available for our service centers and the situation has been the same since the product was launched in India. If you can, please send me the name and address of the service center and I'll have my local colleaques check this directly with them.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
egekaragoz

Same problem with my white c6.

Laitos can ı learn that problem will solve with uptdate or it cant solve ı change my phone with x6 +100 euro in two days

I want your answers...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RahulM

Hi,

Any of u guys get a new replaced phone or the corrected one anyhow, please post it and also share ur experience.

I was promised a date by my dealer but yesterday he said that Nokia has delayed the shipping a bit and is working on the bugs.

Hope for the best!! :smileyhappy:

Regards,
Rahul
Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Ad_k: I never said that the SW reflash would solve the problem, I just commented on the SW availability.

Sorry guys, I don't have anything which I could communicate in public (can't risk my job...), but the investigation is still ongoing at full speed. I'll keep you updated, hopefully I'll have some good news on beginning of next week.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RahulM

Hey ,

Thanks. Understand u wen u say "Risking" :smileywink:.

Regards,
Rahul
Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Ah, finally some GOOD news:

Root cause was just identified, now it's time to develop the fix. I'll keep you posted!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RahulM

Thanks Laitos... Thanks a lot. Some relief finally
Regards,
Rahul
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AkiMan

Hope this fix comes out soon.

Here is yet another frustrated customer from the embarrassed home of Nokia...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Viral_Achilles

Thanks Laitos.....

I Have been happy since I heard this from you. Hope this is just a software bug and not related to hardware. Whatever it is i just  hope this get solved as soon as possible and we get the chance to believe Nokia again..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ljean

I bought this phone in HongKong the 1st October. It was also hanging a lot such as all of you described the cause (lock screen, black screen, calling...)

Then, I went back to the shop to replace it.

Now, the phone is going very well, without any hanging!

(just that the battery seems very light, 2 days on standing mode, less than 12 hours using GPS)

So I just worry, that this is a 'Hardware' problem not only Software problem... 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sber1959

Same problem.

OS 10.0.021 / 15.06.10

Personalized : 10.0.021.200.01 / 21.06.10

Language : 05

Type : RM-612

Model : C6-00

Operator : Sunrise Switzerland.

Product code 059B2S5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
justin86in

Finally...a glimmer of hope. Thanks for keeping us updated. I hope the problem can be solved by updating the software. My phone hangs after almost every call or even when I use the camera. Its really frustrating. I can't afford to miss important calls from work. Hopefully a fix can be released globally by next week.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SeeSix

just got this phone on 10/10/2010. its hangs very frequently. Is this what NOKIA can provide to user in the market? i need the solution for this problem.Plz provide ur official Nokia e-mail address to fwd my info.

laitos wrote:

Hi,

Can all of you send me the following information as a private message:

1) Device SW version (*#0000# in home screen)

2) Your operator details and country in which you're located

3) Device's product code

Product code can be found from the type label underneath the battery, check CODE: XXXXXXX field.

Thanks for your help in advance, this information is more or less vital for the investigation and you're the best way for me to get the details from as many people as possible.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SeeSix

plz let me know whether this problem can be fixed by updating the s/w.I hope this issue is not releated to hardware. Please help, i am really feel sad and disappointed.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SeeSix

yes, we are on the same boat. It is true , i recently got this phone and facing the same issue. Plz let me know if u have any solution.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tomoleo

Hello.

SanjayVerma wrote:

Please open up the battery and insert a three fold paper between the battery and the chip.

I did it yesterday.

I have 24 hours without any problems with c6.

I use a phone very often.

Internet, gps, email.

Now it works without any problem.

Before that I had a hangs 10 times a day.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
CalvinKoh

[ Edited ]

I am come from Malaysia, i also got the same problem like you all. The phone hang and freeze a lot after doing call or after screen auto lock.

My HP detail:

SW ver v11.0.029 11-8-10

Custom Vers 11.0.029.c01.01 11-8-10

Language set 32

Model C6-00

Type RM-612

Latest update - not updated

Code - 0597945

My operator - MY Maxis

Hope Nokia can solve this problem soon. Bought it few day only and really disappointed me:smileysad: It's really a nice phone if don't have such problem

Please use plain text.
Sage
pdab

That's Fantastic !!!! You rock !!

laitos wrote:

Ah, finally some GOOD news:

Root cause was just identified, now it's time to develop the fix. I'll keep you posted!

Please use plain text.